Nokia has launched their very own Nokia Mobile TV DVB-H Headset, which will work with the upcoming Nokia N8, and other Symbian^3 powered Nokia smartphone handsets allowing users to watch TV on their devices on the go.
Though the Nokia N96 smartphone was the first Nokia device to boast the DVB-H TV tuner but now the Nokia Mobile TV Headset, DVB-H, will work with the upcoming Nokia handset powered by Symbian^3.
Anywhere there’s mobile DVB-H (Digital Video Broadband – Handset) coverage, users can tune into sports events or TV shows and watch them without worrying about an Internet connection. DVB-H is also kinder to battery life than Web TV solutions.
The new Nokia Mobile TV DVB-H Headset handles call reception and volume in a similar way to other mobile headsets, so users won’t miss calls while you’re watching the game.
The DVB-H Headset includes in-ear stereo headphones with three earpiece sizes to help users find the perfect fit for their best comfort.
The DVB-H TV tuner also features keys for changing channels and music controls for the player on handset. It also comes bundled with an application called Mobile TV which is available for various compatible handsets. It’s either pre-installed on compatible devices or it can be downloaded from the Ovi Store or www.nokia.com/support.
Key Features – Nokia Mobile TV Headset DVB-H
- Mobile TV on the go – simply connect to your compatible phone and enjoy.
- Watch your favourite shows, sports events and news programmes.
- Enjoy broadcast television from your area directly on your phone.
- Enjoy music from your collection in quality stereo sound.
- Take incoming calls and keep your hands free as you talk.
- Use the dedicated key to start watching broadcast TV any time you like.
- Change TV channels and music tracks, play/pause and adjust the volume.
- Answer or end a call with one touch.
- Compatible with USB On-The-Go devices.
- Connect the included headphones or any headphones with a 3.5 mm jack.
- Frequency response – From 15 Hz to 20 kHz
- Dimension – 55.5 mm x 23 mm x 14.4 mm
- Weight – 30.5 gms
The Nokia Mobile TV DVB-H Headset works with the forthcoming Nokia N8 and other Symbian^3 devices that come with the USB-on-the-go feature.
Price and Availability
The Nokia Mobile TV DVB-H Headset is expected to cost €40/$51 or about Rs. 2,390 and will appear in Q4 2010.