Buffalo Technology, today announced the update of its Buffalo DriveStation Duo and DriveStation Quad External DAS Storage Drives, (formerly DriveStation Quattro) which are designed to deliver fast, secure backup and storage for small servers, creative professionals, offices and consumers requiring large, redundant and high-performance external storage.
The DriveStation Duo is a quick and easy solution to store, access, back up and transfer your music, photos, videos and other files and users can get maximum storage with the increased capacity of two spanning hard drives or the extra security of automatic mirroring in one affordable box.
Equipped with two quick swap hard drives, the Buffalo DriveStation Duo supports RAID 0 and 1 offering data redundancy or the capacity required for demanding professional and server applications.
The dual-drive storage solution in DriveStation Duo DAS Storage offers enhanced performance speeds of up to 225 MB/s, providing the necessary power for even the most performance critical applications. The device is available in 2TB and 4TB configurations.
DriveStation Duo/Quad Key Features
- Two High Speed 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drives in One – Duo Model
- Four High Speed 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drives in One – Quad Model
- No Need to Install Drivers with Auto Setup
- Pre-formatted Hard Drive for Immediate Use
- Supports RAID 1 and Full Capacity Spanning Modes
- Dual Interface USB 2.0 and FireWire
- USB 2.0 and FireWire (IEEE1394) Cables are Included
- SecureLockWare Software for Windows PC encrypts your data from theft, misplacement and unauthorized access
- Auto Power Feature Turns On and Off Automatically with Your PC
- Easy-to-Use Windows RAID Utility for Changing RAID Modes
- Memeo AutoBackup Software automatically backs up your files from your Windows PC
Buffalo’s DriveStation Quad DAS Storage solution offers a four drive RAID enabled storage solution that supports RAID 0 for performance and RAID 5 or 10 for redundant storage.
The four bay device in Buffalo’s DriveStation Quad DAS Storage solution offers data transfer rates of up to 235 MB/s and is available in 4TB and 8TB capacities delivering unmatched performance at a great value.
The Buffalo DriveStation Quad and DriveStation Duo DAS Storage solutions are compatible with Windows Server 2003/2008 and equipped with NovaBACKUP Business Essential backup software to quickly backup entire server systems and databases.
Both external backup Solutions support USB 2.0 for compatibility with almost any computer and deliver high-performance data transfer rates with eSATA interface.
The Buffalo DriveStation Quad and DriveStation Duo models come complete with the Buffalo Tools suite of complimentary software including TurboPC and TurboCopy to improve the file transfer and copy performance of the drives.
Both Buffalo DriveStation Quad and DriveStation Duo are also equipped with a heavy-duty cooling system that allows the units to cool and run efficiently and quietly while the snap-off front plate offers quick and easy drive replacements with no tools required.
Key Specifications of DriveStation Duo /Quad DAS Units
- 2 /4 7200rpm SATA Drives or 500GB / 1TB Capacity
- Total Capacity – 2TB / 4TB (Duo)
- Total Capacity – 4TB / 8TB (Quad)
- USB 2.0 / IEEE1394a interface
- USB Series B/ 4 and 6-pin IEEE1394a
- 1 USB Series B
- 1×4 Pin and 1×6 Pin FireWire
- Data Transfer Speed
Max. 480 Mbps (High-Speed Mode)
Max. 400 Mbps (FireWire 400 Mode)
Max. 12 Mbps (Full-Speed Mode)
- Maz 47W Power consumption
- Windows XP, Windows 2000 OS Support
- Dimension – 100 x 163 x 220
- Weight – 2.9 Kgs
“Buffalo recognises the needs of those with vast amounts of data including photographers, producers and musicians, to store, protect and backup work and personal files. To help customers ensure their data is safe, we have combined and improved the performance and reliability of the DriveStation multi-drive external hard drives providing an affordable blend of efficiency and flexible features,” Said Paul Hudson, Sales Director for Northern Europe at Buffalo Technology.
Price and Availability
Both updated versions of Buffalo DriveStation Quad and DriveStation Duo would be available from October 2010. Prices have not been revealed as yet.