PENTAX has announced a unique compact cameras, the PENTAX OPTIO RZ10 Compact Digital Camera that features 14.1 megapixels digital sensor, a 10X optical zoom lens, includes 2.7 inch LCD and and allows users high-magnification from wide angle to telephoto, as well as powerful macro focus settings.
The PENTAX OPTIO RZ10 Compact Digital Camera is equipped with a high-performance 10X optical zoom lens covering focal lengths from 28mm wide angle to 280mm telephoto (in the 35mm format), allowing to capture beautiful images with a wide range of subjects and scenes — from spectacular landscapes to fast-action sports events.
The PENTAX OPTIO RZ10 Compact Digital Camera also provides high-quality macro focusing as close as one centimeter from the subject and together with the Intelligent Zoom function for even tighter zooming in on the subject, the zoom range may be extended to approximately 67 times to cover the focal length of 1876mm super-telephoto lens (in the 35mm format).
The PENTAX-original Auto Picture mode is upgraded with new modes in the PENTAX OPTIO RZ10 Compact Digital Camera to automatically select the most appropriate shooting mode for a given subject or scene by accurately assessing various photographic conditions on and around the subject.
This user-friendly mode instantly and reliably selects one of 16 shooting modes (eight conventional modes plus eight new modes including Blue Sky, Sunset and Pet) and optimizes various camera settings including sensitivity and shutter speed to assure the best results with minimal effort by the photographers.
The PENTAX OPTIO RZ10 Compact Digital Camera also features dual shake reduction system that includes a mechanical CCD-shift-type Shake Reduction (SR) mechanism and Pixel Track SR, together minimizing camera shake and image blur more effectively to help ensure sharp images even during sunset, indoors without flash and when shooting with a telephoto lens.
The new PENTAX OPTIO RZ10 Compact Digital Camera also allows users captures widescreen HD 720p movie clips 1280 x 720 pixels resolution and comes equipped with the Movie SR (Shake Reduction) mode, to automatically compensate for camera shake during movie shooting with the help of exclusive software.
The PENTAX OPTIO RZ10 Compact Digital Camera also features the sophisticated Face Detection AF & AE function that instantly and accurately detects up to 32 faces within the image field, then catches them in sharp focus and in optimum exposure in as little as 0.03 seconds.
The PENTAX Optio RZ10 also comes equipped with other convenient features that includes: Smile Capture that automatically releases the shutter the moment the camera detects the subject’s smile; and Blink Detection function that warns the photographer when the subject’s eyes close at the time of shutter release.
PENTAX OPTIO RZ10 Compact Digital Camera Key Features
- High resolution 14.1 megapixel CCD sensor.
- PENTAX sensor shift Shake Reduction (SR) stabilization system.
- Widescreen 720p HD video at 30 frames per second.
- Slim, lightweight design offers the perfect balance between size and zoom.
- Infrared remote capable with optional PENTAX remotes.
- Powerful, yet easy to use automatic shooting modes including PENTAX Auto Picture.
- Fast Face Detection technology, Upto 32 faces detection
- Super Macro focusing captures the smallest subjects as close as 1cm from the front of the lens.
- Lightweight Li-Ion battery.
- Stylish and vivid colors include Classic Black, Pure White, Lime, and Violet.
- Large, easy-to-view 2.7 inch color LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 dots
- Burst Shooting of up to 40 images at a maximum speed of 9.1 images per second
- Digital filters, including Toy Camera and Retro, to add creative visual effects
- Choice of three image sizes (4:3, 16:9 and 1:1) to accommodate different applications
- D-Range setting to prevent whitewashed (overexposed) and black-out (underexposed) areas in an image
- Digital Panorama mode to effortlessly create a single panoramic picture from as many as three images
- Eye-Fi connected: optimized for use with Eye-Fi wireless memory cards
The PENTAX OPTIO RZ10 Compact Digital Camera comes with MediaImpression 2.0 for PENTAX software for image viewing, editing and filing applications (compatible with the latest operating systems, including Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6)
Price and Availability
The PENTAX OPTIO RZ10 Compact Digital Camera has lightweight body and is about the size of a credit-card and this digital camera would start shipping in October 2010 at $219.95 or Rs. 10,335 approx.
- PENTAX Launches OPTIO RS1000 Infinitely Customizable Digital Camera Supporting 720p HD Movie Recording
- PENTAX Announces K-r Series 12 MP Digital SLR Camera; Offers 720p HD Video Recording
- Nikon COOLPIX S8100 12.1 Megapixel Compact Digital Camera Launched; Features 10X Optical Zoom NIKKOR Lens
- Nikon Unveils 12 MP Coolpix S3000 Digital Camera With 4X Optical Zoom
- Sigma Launches optically stabilized APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Lens
- Nikon Launches AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Super-Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Canon PowerShot A3300 IS, A2200, A1200 and A800 Digital Cameras Launched
- Nikon Coolpix L21 Digital Compact Camera Offers 8 MP Sensor & 3.6X Optical Zoom
- Nikon Unveils 12 MP Coolpix S4000 Digital Camera With 4X Optical Zoom