PENTAX has announced a new digital SLR line with PANTAX K-r Digital SLR Camera with color accents that allow owners to capture widescreen HD video in full 720p resolution (1280×720) at 24 FPS cinematic frame rate, using any PENTAX 35mm lens.
The compact, lightweight PENTAX K-r series Digital SLR Camera is easy to use with Auto Picture, Scene, and Custom Image Processing modes that take the guesswork out of shooting stunning images while still offering a high degree of manual and priority control.
The PENTAX K-r series Digital SLR Camera offers a variety of new and improved features including a fast framerate, high ISO sensitivity, responsive autofocus, an improved 12.4 megapixel low-noise sensor and widescreen HD video capture that take it a step above an entry-level DSLR camera.
The PENTAX K-r series Digital SLR Camera incorporates a new generation CMOS image sensor with 12.4 megapixels and the high-performance PRIME (PENTAX Real Image Engine) II imaging engine for accurate and high-speed data processing equal to that of upper-level PENTAX digital SLR models for high-quality images.
The PENTAX K-r series Digital SLR Camera also offers a wide sensitivity range between ISO 200 and ISO 12800 that may be expanded from ISO 100 to ISO 25600 via a custom function.
The PENTAX K-r series Digital SLR Camera features 23.6mm x 15.8mm image sensor and a compact, lightweight, stainless-steel chassis with in-body Shake Reduction in a space-efficient design.
The PENTAX K-r series Digital SLR Camera’s high-precision, wide-frame SAFOX IX autofocus system features 11 sensor points (with nine cross-type sensors positioned in the middle) for pinpoint focus on the subject.
The PENTAX K-r series Digital SLR Camera is also equipped with a spotbeam projector to assist the AF system in poorly lit locations.
The PENTAX K-r series Digital SLR Camera also features a large, 2.7-inch high-resolution color LCD monitor with approximately 921,000 dots and its wide-view design assures a clear view of the monitor image from approximately 170 degrees horizontally and vertically, making it particularly useful in low- and high-angle applications during Live View shooting.
It comes with rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which allows the photographer to capture approximately 560 images with a single recharge, and can also be powered by four AA-size batteries using optional AA Battery Holder D-BH109.
The PENTAX K-r series Digital SLR Camera also provides a movie-recording function, which captures beautiful, true-to-life movie clips in 16:9 high-definition TV proportions (1280 x 720 pixels) at a frame rate of 25 frames per second.
It also offers Auto Picture mode, for effortless, automatic selection of the most appropriate shooting mode, even during Live View shooting and offers versatile white balance control, featuring a new CTE mode designed to emphasize the dominant color components of the captured images which works best with scenes such as sunset.
Key features of the PENTAX K-r series Digital SLR Camera
- Three stylish color choices include traditional black, the new classic white, and PENTAX red reflect any owner’s personal style.
- Large 3 inch LCD with 921,000 dots of resolution.
- Faster high speed 6 FPS framerate that captures 25 images in a single sequence.
- A maximum 1/6000 second shutter speed.
- Viewfinder focus point indicator.
- Improved in-camera HDR image capture including a Night Scene HDR mode.
- High sensitivity 100-25600 ISO range with improved noise performance from the new 12.4 megapixel CMOS sensor.
- Versatile dual-power-source design, which offers the choice of either a rechargeable lithium-ion battery or four AA-size battery power (using optional AA Battery Holder D-BH109).
- Infrared data transfer compatible with the IrSimple high-speed infrared data transmission system for wireless data transfer to the web or other IrSimple-compatible devices (includes a match-game between two PENTAX K-r’s).
- Widescreen 720p HD video at 25 FPS.
- PENTAX-original Shake Reduction mechanism for sharp, blur-free images that works with every PENTAX lens ever made
- Dust Removal mechanism, to shake dust off the CMOS image sensor.
- Highly responsive and accurate 11 point SAFOX IX autofocus system with dedicated AF assist lamp.
- Wide range of in-camera image processing and special effects filters.
- PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4 software package, with RAW-data processing and browser applications.
With a highly portable, compact and lightweight body in a choice of colors, the PENTAX K-r series Digital SLR Camera offers user-friendly layout of essential control buttons and levers, all positioned on the camera’s grip side for quick, effortless access by the photographer’s right hand.
Price and Availability
The PENTAX K-r series Digital SLR Camera will start shipping in October 2010 in traditional black, the new classic white, and PENTAX red reflect colors for as follows:
– PENTAX K-r Body Kit — 799.95 or Rs. 37,600
– PENTAX K-r Lens Kit w 18-55 — $849.95 or Rs. 39,950
– PENTAX K-r Double Lens Kit w 18-55, 50-200 — $899.95 or Rs. 41,830
– PENTAX K-r Double Lens Kit w 18-55, 55-300 — $999.95 or Rs. 46,950