MSI has finally announced the launch of its new Classic Series MSI CR-420 Notebook that boast new 2010 Intel Core i5-520M Processor and sports 14-inch widescreen HD 16:9 display and integrated Intel HD graphics solution and an external casing coated with MSI’s exclusive Cross-Hatch Color Film Print patterning.
Originally announced on 6th Feb 2010, the new Classic Series MSI CR-420 notebooks are powered by 2010 series Intel Core i5 processors that delivers 20 percent enhanced performance and are designed for business users and it offers Intel Calpella platform display technology for better image processing capability and provides 1080p HD quality video capabilities.
The case is graced with 45-degree beveled construction and the cover and palm rest areas are protected with lustrous, scratch-resistant cross-hatch color film print. The MSI CR420 notebook also comes with a chiclet keyboard, a seamless touchpad, and beveled edge construction.
Sporting a slim and clean design with Chiclet keyboard CR-420 notebook also features special brushed metal touchpad buttons and comes with Windows 7 Home Premium pre-installed.
MSI CR-420 notebook’s lid and palm rest area is coated with bright, scratch-resistant Cross-Hatch Color Film Print (CFP) patterning, and it come equipped with the Chiclet keyboard and seamless touch-pad, with the exterior utilizing MSI’s exclusive “wedge” technique.
The stylishly unassuming CR420 comes equipped with MSI’s own seamless touchpad with textured cross-hatch color film print for maximum comfort and enjoyment.
Only 13.5 mm thick, the MSI CR-420 is powered by 2010 Intel Core i5-520M Processor at 2.40 GHz speed with 3 MB L3 cache, 1333 MHz FSB using HM55 chipset motherboard and features upto 4-GB DDR3 1066 MHz or 800 MHz RAM in 2 SODIMM 2 slots (maximum 4-GB), upto 500 GB 7200 rpm SATA II hard drive and DVD+/-RW SuperMulti with Double Layer optical drive. Power consumption in this notebook is even lower than that of the previous generation, and they also offers 15% extended battery life.
The 14-inch HD LED-backlit display in MSI CR-420 notebook offers maximum of 1366 x 768 pixels resolution in 16:9 aspect ratio powered by integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA HD 3D graphics chipset with shared video memory.
Weighing 2.2 Kgs with 6-cell battery pack, the MSI CR-420 comes with 2 USB 2.o ports, an eSATA/USB combo port, a 1.3-megapixel Webcam, WiFi 802.11/b/g/draft-n, Bluetooth wireless connectivity, a 4-in-1 media card reader, HDMI and VGA video ports, headphone and microphone jacks, internal Speakers and an Ethernet port. It does not sport ExpressCard slot.
The MSI CR420 laptop is also available with latest Intel Wireless Display option which currently supports up to 720p HD output. Wireless Display, a.k.a. WiDi, allows HDTV to show high definition images or videos from laptop computer via an external wireless transfer box.
The MSI CR-420 laptop comes with 6-cell Li-Ion battery and is also equipped with MSI’s exclusive 3D Boost and ECO power-saving technologies, and it comes loaded with Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit) and HUAWEI Technologies’ Mobile Partner software for mobile broadband and offers ultra-long battery life of up to 9 to 11 hours.
In addition, MSI CR-420 notebook come with MSI’s exclusive ECO Engine energy-saving technology that allows choosing from five power management modes: Gaming, Movie, Presentation, Office, and Turbo Battery. These modes automatically adjust screen brightness, power switch, hibernation settings, processor performance etc., so that battery power can be used in a more flexible manner and therefore effectively extended.
- 2x USB v2.0
- 1x eSATA/USB Combo power port
- HDMI digital out
- 1x Express Card
- D-sub VGA port
- Headphone out
- 4-in-1 card reader slot
MSI CR-420 Notebook Features:
- 2010 Intel Core i5-520M Processor, 2.40 GHz
- 3 MB L3 cache, 1333 MHz FSB
- HM55 Chipset
- Integrated Intel GMA HD Graphics with shared video memory
- 14-inch HD 16:9 widescreen display, 1366 x768 pixels resolution
- 4-GB DD2 Ram, up to 4GB maximum
- Upto 500-GB SATA HDD (250/320/500GB)
- Optical Disk Drive Interfaces DVD Super Multi
- Sound Stereo Speakers with Intel HD Audio
- 1.3 MP webcam
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- 10/100M Ethernet LAN
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- 6-cell Li-Ion Battery
- Dim: 344.4(W) x 221(D) x 13.5~28(H)mm
- Weight – 2.2 Kgs with 6-cell battery
Price and Availability
The MSI CR-420 Notebook PC also offers MSI’s EasyFace facial recognition software for authentication and login and it retailers for the price of Rs. 39,990 with one year warranty.
- Intel Core i5 Powered MSI CX-420 Notebooks Launched, Offering ATI Discrete Graphics
- MSI CR-420 Notebooks Powered by Intel Core i5 Processor Launched in India
- MSI CX-410 Notebooks Launched, includes AMD Anthlon II CPU & ATI Discrete Graphics
- MSI Launches 15.6-inch P600 Business Notebook With Intel Core i5 CPU & Intel GMA HD Graphics
- MSI CX720 17-inch Notebook Launched; Features NVIDIA GeForce 310M Discrete Graphics
- MSI CR630 Classic Series Notebook Launched; Offers AMD Athlon II CPU & ATI Radeon Graphics
- MSI Launches 17-inch GE700 Gaming Notebook With Intel Core i5 CPU & ATI Radeon HD Graphics
- MSI Announces GE600 Gaming Notebook Offering Intel Core i5 and ATI Radeon HD Graphics
- MSI Releases S6000 Notebooks Powered by Intel Core i5 Processor