LaCie has announces the launch of another external hard drive in metal – the LaCie Minimus USB 3.0 1TB External Hard Disk Drive, that offers power and performance of ultra-fast USB 3.0 combined with an ultra-compact size.
The LaCie Minimus USB 3.0 1TB mobile hard drive is ideal for users who need access to all of their files, without having to carry around a massive hard drive. With up to 1TB of capacity, it offers plenty storage for even most demanding user.
Outfitted with an embedded USB 3.0 cable, the LaCie Minimus USB 3.0 1TB mobile hard drive delivers the industry’s fastest transfer speeds at 5Gb/s and connects instantly with any PC or Mac. Simply remove the cable and plug it in to a laptop or desktop USB port and its ready to store and share favorite media and data files.
Additionally, the LaCie Minimus USB 3.0 1TB mobile hard drive is encased in sturdy aluminum, giving it a resilient form factor that protects your media from everyday blunders and is compatible with latest versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6 versions.
The LaCie Minimus USB 3.0 1TB mobile hard drive comes with a simplified software suite for quick setup and easy–to–use backup management, enabling complete configuration in just a few clicks.
Designed to be simple from the inside out, the LaCie Minimus mobile hard drive come with LaCie’s Software Suite to ensure seamless setup and backup support for Mac or PC. Additionally, each product comes with 10GB of Wuala online storage so you can securely store and share files online.
Compared to other desktop drives, it’s the smallest on the market, which makes it the perfect choice for users that enjoy their terabytes as much as their desk space.
Its also easy to transfer HD movies, photos, and sound files with USB 3.0—the fastest interface on the market and since the LaCie Minimus USB 3.0 1TB mobile hard drive is backward compatible with USB 2.0, it works on any PC or Mac.
“We are thrilled to introduce 1TB capacity in this ultra–small, durable form factor,” said Quitterie Lescarret, Consumer Product Manager, LaCie. “Today’s on–the–go consumers need to access vital media quickly and dependably. With its industry–leading capacity, Rikiki Minimus provides users with the ultimate data storage and mobility, at a competitive price.”
LaCie Minimus USB 3.0 1TB mobile hard drive Key Features
- Integrated USB cable
- Resistant aluminum exterior
- Automatic backup software included
- 10GB of secure online storage from Wuala included
- Capacity : 1 TB
- Hi-Speed USB 3.0 port (USB 2.0/1.1-compatible) interface
- Transfer Rate : Hi-Speed USB 3.0 – Up to 5Gb/s (600MB/s)
- Transfer Rate : USB 2.0: up to 480Mbits/s (60MB/s)
- LaCie Setup Assistant; LaCie Backup Assistant (PC and Mac), 10GB Wuala Secure Online Storage (1 year included)
- Size – 110.7 x 29.4 x 172.8 mm / 4.4 x 1.2 x 6.8 in.
- Weight – 850 g / 1.87 lbs.
The LaCie Minimus USB 3.0 1TB mobile hard drive is available in 1TB capacities for the price of $129.99 or about Rs. 6,110 with 2-year warranty. For more product information, visit www.lacie.com.
- LaCie Launches Rikiki Go – Smallest 1TB Hard Drive in Metal
- LaCie Unveils MosKeyto Ultra-Small USB Flash Drive; Offers upto 16GB Capacity
- LaCie Launches Rugged XtremKey USB Flash Drive Featuring Impenetrable Shell
- Apacer AC203 2.5-inch External Hard Drive Launched in India
- Iomega Launches eGo Portable and Desktop Hard Drive
- WD Launches ‘My Book Essential’, ‘My Passport Essential’ and ‘My Passport Essential SE’ Series Portable Hard Drives With USB 3.0
- Toshiba Launches External Desktop Hard Drive; Offers 1TB/2TB Storage
- HP Launches StorageWorks Ultrium 960 Data Backup Tape Drive Systems
- Iomega 250 GB USB Silver Portable Hard Drive