HP has introduced HP ProBook 5310m Notebook that is HP’s latest thin, powerful and affordable notebook designed and engineered to offer up to 7.5 hours of battery life and measuring less than 1-inch thin delivering power and performance along with an overall superior PC experience.
The new HP ProBook 5310m notebook is the world’s thinnest full-performance notebook, is a 0.9-inch thin, with this mobile professionals no longer need to sacrifice performance to achieve great battery life.
It combines durable, black anodized aluminum with a magnesium frame wrapped in soft-touch paint that impresses not only with its sophisticated design at an affordable price, but with outstanding performance in a thin and sleek notebook.
The HP ProBook 5310m is powered by the Intel Core 2 Duo SP9300 processor that provides all the power a user would expect with a full-performance PC, while still delivering up to seven hours of battery life with the standard lithium-polymer battery.
An optional six-cell battery, expected to be available later this year, will further increase battery run time to almost 11 hours.
The new HP ProBook 5310m notebook is also flexible enough to scale down to meet the needs of customers who don’t require a full-performance standard voltage notebook.
When equipped with an Intel Celeron dual-core, ultra-low-voltage processor, the HP ProBook 5310m notebook is an affordable step up from companion or netbook devices.
It is ideal for computing tasks such as email, calendar and office applications, and it provides the ability to view HD content, consume and create content, and access the Internet.
The HP ProBook 5310m notebook comes with HP QuickWeb allowing users to access the web in seconds when the notebook is shut down.
The HP ProBook 5310m features 13.3″ diagonal LED-backlit HD anti-glare; 13.3″ diagonal LED-backlit HD BrightView powered by Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD supporting Microsoft DirectX 10 (Shader 4.0) and Open GL 2.0 capable offering 1366 x 768 pixel native resolution.
For enhanced data security, the notebook also offers HP 3D DriveGuard that helps protect notebook’s hard drive against impact, bumps, or drops using a three-axis accelerometer, which notifies the system software of any sudden movement and sends a command to temporarily park the hard drive.
The application resides outside the notebook’s operating system, so there is no need to wait for the computer to boot up, users can simply push the dedicated button.
In less than 20 seconds, users have a secure connection to the Internet and can access websites and content normally obtained through a standard browser.
Additionally, HP ProBook 5310m notebook also offers HP QuickLook3 that allows users to look up and respond to email, calendar and contacts without having to boot the notebook.
Integrated HP Mobile Broadband powered by Gobi technology in HP ProBook 5310m notebook allows users to conveniently access the Internet, company intranet, email, and mission-critical information in more places than ever before.
Also includes is the new HP Connection Manager 3.0 that simplifies and automates connecting users with their preferred network.
The HP ProBook 5310m notebook is also eco-friendly and to eliminating all uses of brominated flame retardants (BFRs) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) in its computing products by 2011.
HP offers a configuration of the HP ProBook 5310m that is a BFR/PVC-free notebook and uses materials that reduce impact on the environment and it reduces its impact on the environment by eliminating or reducing substances of concern and reducing energy consumption.
Measuring 328×221×23.5~25mm (WxDxH) and weight 1.72kg, the new HP ProBook 5310m notebook sports a 13.3-inch diagonal LED high-definition (HD) display and a standard voltage processor for maximum productivity.
This notebook PC is packed with a powerful, standard voltage or affordable ultra-low voltage Intel processor and a 2 MP webcam with dual-microphone array for clear web conferencing.
Some preinstalled software includes – Preinstalled software with Windows Vista or Windows XP: HP Recovery Manager (available with Vista only); HP Assistant; HP ProtectTools Security Manager; HP QuickLaunch Buttons Software; HP QuickLook 3; HP QuickWeb; HP Connection Manager; HP Wireless Assistant; HP 3D DriveGuard; Microsoft Office Professional 2007 60-day Convertible Trial; McAfee Total Protection (60 day trial period for McAfee Total Protection for Small Business software. Internet access required to receive updates. First update included. Subscription required for updates thereafter); PDF Complete SE; Synaptics Touchpad Driver; Microsoft Windows Live Messenger (select models); and HP Webcam Software.
- 3 USB 2.0
- 1 DisplayPort
- 1 combo stereo headphone/mic jack
- 1 RJ-45
HP ProBook 5310m Notebook Specifications
- Processor Options:
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor SP9400 (2.40 GHz, 6 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz FSB)
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor SP9300 (2.26 GHz, 6 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz FSB)
Intel Celeron Processor SU2300 (1.20 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)
- Mobile Intel GS45 Express Chipset ICH9M-Enhanced
- 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 SDRAM
- Upto 320GB 7200 rpm SATA HDD
- Solid State Drive – Up to: 128 GB
- HP External USB 2.0 CD/DVD R/RW
- 13.3″ diagonal LED-backlit HD anti-glare; 13.3″ diagonal LED-backlit HD BrightView
- Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD supporting Microsoft DirectX 10 (Shader 4.0) and Open GL 2.0 capable
- High Definition Audio support; Integrated stereo speakers; Integrated dual microphone; Combo stereo headphone/mic jack
- Integrated 2 MP webcam with fixed-focused lens
- full-sized keboard with HP DuraKeys
- Touchpad with scroll zone, two pick buttons
- Marvell Ethernet (10/100/1000 NIC)
- HP Mobile Broadband (powered by Gobi™) with GPS
- Intel® WiFi Link 5100
- Broadcom 4322AGN 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter
- Broadcom 802.11b/g
- HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth® 2.1 Wireless Technology
- 4-cell (41 WHr) high capacity Lithium-Ion, 10 hrs backup
- Dimension – 12.9 x 8.7 x 0.93 in (328.0 x 221 x 23.5 mm)
- Weight – 1.72 Kgs with battery
Price and Availability
The HP ProBook 5310m starts at $699 or Rs. 32,850 with an Intel Celeron dual core and $899 or Rs. 42,250 with Intel Core 2 Duo and is available immediately in the Asia-Pacific region with the Microsoft Vista operating system.
The notebook is expected to be available for delivery in North America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region including India on October 22, 2010 with the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system.
- HP Announces Nine Affordable Business Notebook PCs Across All Business Segments
- HP ProBook 4410s Business-Rugged Notebook
- HP Announces 14 New Notebook PCs Utilizing AMD’s VISION & VISION Pro Technology
- HP Pavilion dm3 Notebook Launched; Features 13.3-inch Display & ATI Radeon Discrete Graphics
- HP Pavilion dv1624TN Notebook PC With DVD Writer
- HP Launches Core i5/i7 Powered EliteBook 8440p Notebook, with 14.1-inch Display
- HP EliteBook 8540p Notebook Launched Offering Core i5/i7 Processors and NVIDIA Discrete Graphics
- Fujitsu Launches LifeBook S710, 3G Ready Notebook PC, Powered by Core i5/i7 Processor
- Wipro WLG 7710 Dual Core Notebook PC