Motorola has today announced the launch of its next generation Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone that is powered by Android 2.2 (Froyo) and features enhanced MOTOBLUR UI which makes it even easier to manage emails, messages and social updates in one easy place with the additions of filtering, resizable widgets, added corporate security and a versatile battery manager.
The latest Android 2.2 (FROYO) powered Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone offers more speed, more connectivity, more messaging, more storage, more web with Adobe Flash Player 10.1, more multimedia and more personalisation than the original award-winning MILESTONE.
The Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone features a 1Ghz processor, allowing users to sift through their content quickly, even when running multiple applications simultaneously or a number of open web browser pages.
The Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone features an improved and more spacious QWERTY keyboard including larger keys and better tactility for easier typing.
The Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone is powered by ARM Cortex A8 1GHz Processor with PowerVR SGX530 graphics and includes 8GB internal memory and 256-MB Flash memory and it runs Android v2.2 (FLOYO) operating system for mobile devices. Data connectivity options includes Stereo Bluetooth v2.1 EDR with A2DP, WiFi 802.11b/g/N wireless networking, GPRS class 12, 3G HSDPA 10.2 Mbps, 3G HSUPA 5.76 Mbps connection and microUSB port.
The Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone also features a 5.0 MP digital camera with Dual-LED flash, and 8x digital zoom lens with auto-focus delivering maximum still picture resolution of 2592 x 1944 pixels still picture resolution. The camera is also capable of video recording in 720 x 480 pixels resolution @ 24fps.
The MILESTONE smartphone also features 3-axis Accelerometer, magnetometer digital compass, proximity meter for auto turn off and ambient light sensor for enhanced reading.
The Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone is also fully 3G capable and can acts as a 3G mobile hotspot to connect up to five WiFi802.11b/g/N enabled devices, allowing users to turn practically anywhere into a hive of productivity.
The Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone also features the latest version of Motorola’s unique solution, MOTOBLUR, which makes it even easier to manage all of your emails, messages and social updates in one easy place with the additions of filtering, resizable widgets, added corporate security and a versatile battery manager.
The new Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone also offers enhancements to the original MILESTONE series smartphone and now offers 720p HD video capture and playback allowing users to capture life’s moments in crystal clear detail.
In addition the Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone also features support for the Adobe Flash Player 10.1 that allows mobile users to experience millions of rich websites the way they were meant to be seen, including rich video and gaming content, and you can share all of your multimedia with DLNA compatible devices.
The smartphone also includes music player delivering lyrics to songs, additional artist news and information, as well as integrated social applications for sharing and giving recommendations.
The Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone has 8GB internal memory and an 8GB microSD card inbox and support expandable storage to maximum 32GB.
Being Android powered, the Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone also offers a suite of Google mobile applications including Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail and YouTube are also integrated onto the device. Plus you have access to Android Market which has more than 70,000 applications.
The Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone comes with an 8GB micro SD card and wired headset, and owners can also download free the Motorola Media Link software that makes transferring your music and other multimedia from computer to phone even easier.
Make the most of Motorola’s MILESTONE 2 at home, in the car or at the office with the optional smart accessories:
- The car cradle - Simply drop in MILESTONE 2 Smartphone or original MILESTONE and it automatically turns into car mode. This gives one-touch access to your favourite in-car applications, including your handsfree calling contacts, your music, internet radio, podcasts, Google Maps with Navigation and more. Plug, play, drive and charge MILESTONE 2 with the rapid in car charger that plugs into cradle.
- The multimedia station – When docked, MILESTONE 2 Smartphone automatically changes to desktop mode showing alarm clock and favourite multimedia applications such as a slide show of pictures. Desktop mode can be personalised allowing users to show the applications they want, all whilst charging your device.
Key MILESTONE 2 Smartphone features include:
- World’s thinnest QWERTY slider at just 13.7mm
- Android OS v2.2 (FROYO)
- 3G mobile hotspot – connect up to five other Wi-Fi devices
- Latest version of MOTOBLUR
- 3.7-inch widescreen display, 480 x 854 pixels FWVGA 16M color capable touchscreen display
- Improved design; more spacious QWERTY keyboard including larger keys and better tactility
- DLNA / WiFi / Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity
- Pinch & zoom and double tap features
- 8GB internal memory, 512-MB Flash memory
- microSD card slot, maximum 32GB storage
- 5.0 megapixel camera with dual-LED flash, 8X digital zoom, auto-focus
- 720p HD video capture and playback
- Video playback H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR WB, OGG, MIDI, AMR NB
- Ringtones eAAC, eAAC+, AAC+, AAC, MP3, OGG
- Motorola Media Link and Motorola Phone Portal to manage and share media content across desktop, phone and the Web
- Location enabled, multi-window HTML5 Webkit web browser
- Stereo Bluetooth 2.1+A2DP
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- Built-in GPS + A-GPS with Google Maps 3.0
- CrystalTalk Plus for superior talk quality
- 1400 mAh Li Ion Battery: 5 hrs talktime, 350 hours stand-by time on 2G network
- Weight – 165 gms
Additional functionality and apps include:
- Full suite of the Google applications: Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube, and Google Talk,
- Unified Google, Microsoft Office and Facebook Contacts
- Navigation: GPS, MOTONAV turn-by-turn navigation with India maps
- Email Support: IMAP, POP3, Gmail and Exchange
- IM Support: Google Talk
- Calendar: Exchange, syncs with Google Calendar
Price and Availability
Though Motorola MILESTONE Smartphone is already available in India at select retails outlets in select cities for MRP of Rs. 32,990, the new Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone will be available in Europe beginning Q4 2010. Visit www.motorola.com/milestone2 for more details.
- Motorola Brings Android 2.1 Powered MILESTONE Smartphone to India
- Motorola MILESTONE XT720 Offers 8 MP Camera & 720 MHz TI Processor
- Samsung Acclaim SCH-r880 Android Smartphone Launched, Features Full QWERTY Keyboard
- Intex to Launch Cheapest Android 2.2 Powered Smartphone in India in Feb 2011
- Motorola XOOM Android Powered Tablet Launched; Features 10-inch Widescreen HD Display
- MOTOROLA DROID 2 Smartphone Launched; Features 1GHz Processor, QWERTY KB & 5MP Camera
- Motorola BACKFLIP Smartphone With Android 2.1 and QWERTY Keyboard Launched in India
- Motorola DROID X Android Powered Smartphone Announced, Offers 8MP Camera and HDMI Port
- Motorola GLAM XT800 Dual-SIM Android Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 31,999