Kanguru Solutions has today announced the launch of its new Kanguru Defender Elite, Secure Flash Drives, which are highly secure, hardware encrypted flash drives meeting government, healthcare and financial industry standards and are now also available for Mac and Linux platforms.
The Kanguru Defender Elite Secure Flash Drive is the world’s most manageable, secure flash drive and is ideal for carrying sensitive government or corporate information.
The Kanguru Defender Elite’s casing is filled with an epoxy compound that is water resistant and prevents physical access to the chip. In addition, any attempt to remove the epoxy compound destroys the flash chip, rendering it unusable and inaccessible.
The Kanguru Defender Elite flash drive combines high level, 256-bit AES hardware encryption, FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Certification, onboard anti-virus, tamper resistant design and remote management capabilities for the most comprehensive security solution ever in a USB2.0 flash drive on the market today.
The Kanguru Defender Elite’s security and hardware encryption provides top tier performance unmatched by software encryption solutions. In addition, on chip password matching means that the encryption can’t be circumvented; insuring your data’s security.
The Kanguru Defender Elite USB Secure Flash Drive offers security features including: 256-bit AES Hardware Encryption, Remote Management Capabilities, On-board Anti-Virus, Tamper Resistant Design, and FIPS 140-2 Certification.
The addition of GUI support for Mac and Linux opens Kanguru Defender Secure Elite Flash Drive to a wider audience, allowing Mac and Linux users to benefit from its industry leading security features.
The FIPS 140-2, a rigorous federal security accreditation program managed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, sets the standard for encryption modules intended for use in protecting sensitive government information.
The Kanguru Defender Elite USB Secure Flash Drive comes with a free one year subscription to BitDefender Anti-Virus and being built right into the drive, this feature prevents the Kanguru Defender Elite from being used as a vehicle for transporting viruses and malware.
The anti-virus software in the USB flash drive can also be used to scan the host computer(s); in effect becoming a portable anti-virus solution for every PC one work on.
Kanguru Defender Elite secure thumb drives can be special ordered with customized options such as engraved logos/text, unique IDs, and custom colors including green, red, yellow, blue, silver, gray, and tan.
The Kanguru Defender Elite’s security features help organizations meet some of the strict new security regulations outlined in the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH ACT), and Massachusetts 201 CMR 17. These regulations and more like them in development can penalize organizations that aren’t taking the necessary precautions to safeguard their data.
“Our goal has been to develop the most comprehensive set of security features ever built into a USB thumb drive.” said Nate Cote, VP of Product Management. “And part of that includes making them work across various platforms. Encryption and remote management are only useful if they work within your organizations IT infrastructure.”
The Kanguru Defender Elite currently works with Windows XP and above, Mac 10.5 and above, Linux Red Hat 5, and Linux Ubuntu 10 OS.
Key Featues & Specifications
- Capacity – Up to 128G
- 256-bit AES Hardware Encrypted
- TAA Compliant
- High-strength aluminum design
- Tamper Resistant – Epoxy Filled
- Built-in Antivirus Protection (Windows Only)
- Limited number of invalid login attempts
- Requires NO Admin privileges
- Central/Remote Management Ready
- Simple driverless setup
- Write protect switch
- FIPS 140-2 Certified
- HIPAA, SOX and GLB Compliant
- Data Transfer Speed:
1G-16G Models: Read: 28-33MB/s, Write: 11-13MB/s
32G-128G Models: Read: 20-33MB/s, Write: 10-13MB/s
- Solid State MLC NAND flash
- Dual channel for faster performance
- Write Cycle – 10,000 write cycles / block
- Compatible to : Windows XP / 2003 / Vista / 7, Mac 10.5+, Linux (Ubuntu 10+, Red Hat 5+)
- Custom security colors – Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Tan
Price and Availability
The Kanguru Defender Elite USB Secure Flash Drives are available for starting price of $49.95 or Rs. 2,350.00 for 1GB capacity while the highest capacity of 128GB drive is available for $599.95 or Rs. 28,200.00 with 3 year warranty. Visit www.kanguru.com for more details.
- Kingston Unveils Data traveler Elite 3.0 USB Flash Drive
- Transcend JetFlash 200 USB Flash Drive Launched in India
- Buffalo Introduces RUF2 PSG Ultra-compact USB Flash Drive With Data Encryption
- Kingston Launches DataTraveler 5000 USB Flash Drive, Offering 256-bit AES Hardware-based Encryption
- Super Talent Launches Pico USB Flash Drive: Worlds Smallest 32Gb USB Flash Drive
- OM Nanotech Launches ZipMem USB Flash Drives in India
- Transcend JetFlash 620 Flash Drive Launched, Offers upto 64-GB Storage
- Kingmax Launches ED-07 Flash Drive with USB 3.0
- Transcend JetFlash 600 Flash Drive Launched, Offers upto 64-GB Storage