Corsair today announced the launch of its inaugural audio product, the Corsair Gaming Audio Series HS1 USB Gaming Headset. This noise-isolating headset offers long-term playing comfort and immersive multi-channel audio, with massive 50mm drivers and a carefully tuned acoustical design optimized not only for gaming, but for movies and music as well.
The Corsair HS1 USB Headset features 50mm drivers provide more accurate sound reproduction and far lower distortion than is produced by smaller, more typical drivers and the circumaural, closed-back design helps reject ambient noise and keeps you in the game, even in high-distraction environments like LAN parties.
The circumaural, closed-back design of Corsair HS1 USB Headset offers the long-term playing comfort and immersive multi-channel audio that you demand as a gamer, with a unidirectional noise-cancelling microphone that lets you be heard loud and clear, and audio controls that are easy to use without taking your head out of the game.
The Corsair HS1 USB Headset also features replaceable memory foam ear pads that provide a reliable, comfortable fit that conforms to the shape of your head without binding or pinching.
A uni-directional noise-cancelling microphone on an adjustable boom enables clear, low-noise voice chat. The clear, low-noise reproduction of the unidirectional noise-cancelling microphone lets your teammates hear you better, and the extra-large inline volume and microphone control is easy to grab and use when the action heats up.
Corsair HS1 USB Headset features a massive, 50mm drivers that greatly reduce the overloading that can occur with 40mm headsets. They deliver more accurate sound reproduction, particularly for low-frequency effects.
And, they’re less likely to cause the distortion that can make it hard to discern voices and other important audio cues when everything is coming so fast.
The rugged, compact design coupled with replaceable earpads complete the Corsair HS1 USB Headset’s makes this headset an audio weapon of choice for intense gaming sessions that meets every user’s audio needs.
Corsair HS1 USB Headset also offers surround sound with Dolby Headphone technology, allowing users to enjoy the multi-channel audio that brings so much to the cinematic experience — even 7.1 channels from Blu-Ray discs.
Corsair HS1 Dolby Headphone also offers optional Dolby ProLogic IIx processing to expand stereo and 5.1 audio sources into a virtual 7.1 surround sound experience. This “upmixing” uses algorithms to give audio a more spacious, enveloping sound. It’s the same Dolby ProLogic technology that’s commonly found in home audio.
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Impedance: 32 Ohms at 1kHz
- Dynamic range: 93dB A-wtd
- USB power consumption: 250mW
- Drivers: 50mm
- Cable: 3 meters
- Connector: USB Type A
- Type: Unidirectional noise-cancelling condenser
- Impedance: 2.2k Ohms
- Frequency response: 200Hz – 10kHz +/- 2dB
- Sensitivity (1mW, 1KHz): -45dB +4/-2 dB
“We set out to develop a headset with the performance that gamers demand, while also providing the pristine audio reproduction required for multi-channel movies and high bit rate music,” stated Jim Carlton, Vice President of Marketing at Corsair. “The Audio HS1 easily meets both these challenges.”
Corsair Gaming Audio Series HS1 Key Features:
- Massive 50mm drivers for high-quality audio reproduction with acoustically-tuned enclosures
- Circumaural, closed-back design
- Replaceable memory foam ear pads with soft fabric covers
- USB Connection
- Dolby Headphone technology provides multi-channel sound and improves audio quality to reduce listening fatigue
- Uni-directional noise-cancelling microphone on adjustable boom
- Extra-large inline volume and microphone controller that’s easy to grab during gameplay
- Control panel software allows you to customize the listening experience
Price and Availability
The Corsair Gaming Audio Series HS1 USB Gaming headset is available immediately from Corsair’s authorized distributors and resellers worldwide with a two year warranty. The price of this headphone is not yet available.
- Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset Launched; Offers 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound,
- ARCTIC Releases SOUND P531 P-Series Headphone For Ultimate Gamers; Offers 5.1 Surround Sound
- Panasonic Unveils RP-HC700 Noise Canceling Headphones
- Pioneer Unveils SE-NC21M Noise Cancelling On-ear Headphones
- Nokia Announces BH-905i Bluetooth Stereo Headset With Active Noise Cancellation
- Logitech F540 Wireless Headset For PS3 and Xbox 360 Launched; Offers Voice Chat & Game Audio
- ARCTIC Releases SOUND P131 P-Series Headphone
- Corsair Introduces GS600, GS700, and GS800 Gaming Series Power Supply Units
- Logitech Launches USB Headset H530 Feature Support for Super Wideband Audio