Toshiba today announces its new range of Toshiba ‘Alu2 Series’ Portable Hard Drives, featuring complete system backup and restore, password-protected encryption (data files) for added security and other enhanced software features, offering Windows computer users complete peace of mind.
This new generation of Toshiba’s portable, 2.5-inch based external hard disk drives are stylishly designed and appeal to a wide range of users: from first-timers to advanced users, from general consumers to SMBs.
Built from durable Aluminum, the ultraslim 2.5-inch based Toshiba ‘Alu2 series’ portable hard disk drives will appeal to business professional looking for a complete system backup and restore software.
This drive comes with Toshiba Backup Software which lets users backup and restore complete systems in event of a crash, hence reducing business downtime.
For first timers, intuitive graphics and controls make backing up digital data easier than ever, putting consumers in the drivers’ seat for all of their storage needs.
The Toshiba ‘Alu2 Series’ Portable HDD also included NTI BackupNow EZ software that lets users backup and restore complete systems in event of a crash. Users can boot up and restore from directly from the Drive with USB connectivity or from a bootable CD.
Featuring Windows-based NTI BackupNow EZ software, upgraded with improved search capabilities and simpler step-by-step restore functionality to retrieve lost files, the Toshiba Alu2 Series portable HDD offers advanced users even more customization aspects than previous Toshiba personal storage products, including extensive backup options, advanced restore functionalities, and an ability to overwrite specific original files.
It also provides an option for complete system backup, enabling users to restore select files or the entire computer, even if the Windows operating system is unable to start.
Toshiba Introduces ‘Alu2 Series’ Portable Hard Drives are available in the various capacities each clad in different color, these drives also come with a stylish pouch and an integrated cable holder that enables users to bring the drive around.
The Toshiba ‘Alu2 Series’ 500GB Portable Hard Drives comes in Silver and Bronze colors, while 1TB capacity portable hard drive comes in Black color.
Advanced users can customize their backup preferences, such as the frequency, level of security and types of files saved. Backup files can be encrypted with 256-bit password protection.
Key Features & Benefits of Toshiba ‘Alu2 Series’ Portable Hard Drives
- Complete system backup and restore
- Scheduled file & folder backup recovery
- Password-protected encryption for data files
- Internal shock sensor and ramp loading technology to help protect your drive
- USB 2.0 powered for portability
- Available in the following capacities and colours:
- 500GB1 (Silver, Bronze)
- 1TB1 (Black)
Price and Availability
The Toshiba ‘Alu2 series’ 500GB and 1TB portable hard drives would be launched next month, but prices are not available as yet.
- Toshiba Introduces ‘Art Series’ Portable Hard Drives; offer Complete System Backup and other Enhanced Features
- Toshiba Launches External Desktop Hard Drive; Offers 1TB/2TB Storage
- WD Launches ‘My Book Essential’, ‘My Passport Essential’ and ‘My Passport Essential SE’ Series Portable Hard Drives With USB 3.0
- Toshiba Launches Industry’s First 1.8-inch MKxx39GSL Series Hard Drives With LIF-SATA Connectors
- Iomega Launches Radical, Red Hot and Knock Out – Iomega Skin Branded Portable Hard Drives
- Transcend Introduces 750GB 2.5-inch Portable Hard Drive With Unique Shock-resistant Construction
- Iomega Launches eGo Portable and Desktop Hard Drive
- Transcend StoreJet 25A : Shock-resistant USB 3.0 Powered Portable Hard Drive Launched in India
- Sony launches PSZ-HA2T 2TB High Speed Portable HDD