MSI has today announced the release of a stylishly and economical MSI FX610 Notebook, that boasts chic lines, classy style, and a unique raised totem seal coating for added texture and is powered by AMD Vision Ultimate platform with Phenom II three-core CPU offering cinema-class THX sound for the ultimate in multimedia and computing performance.
The new MSI Fx610 notebook incorporates MSI’s own 3D totem seal coating and this jet black 3D totem seal coating in the cover to prevent scratching, smudging, wear, and peeling. A silver MSI logo is set in the center of the cover and the area in front of the keyboard features raised diamond texture for added comfort, giving these models a classic feel heretofore only available in handmade products.
The new F Series MSI notebook features chrome-plated power button which is set off by a cold luminescent blue light, while the trim encircling the speakers and body give off a platinum aura.
The MSI FX610 notebook’s cover is sheathed in an anti-scratch, anti-wear, anti-smudge, no-peel jet black raised totem seal coating. What’s more, the center is graced with a shimmering MSI logo and the wrist rest areas with raised diamond texture to enhance comfort of use.
The unique chiclet keyboard, raised multi-point touchpad, and brush finish metal hotkey area underscore the quality engineering capabilities employed by MSI to merge art, fashion, and technology.
Unlike earlier released MSI FX600 Notebook, which was powered by Intel Core i5 processor, the new MSI FX610 is powered by AMD’s advanced Vision Ultimate platform with the latest Phenom II three-core processor with RS 880M Chipset Mainboard and this notebook features 2 GB, DDR3 1333MHz in 2 SODIMM slots, and up to 720GB 2.5-inch SATA hard disk drive.
The MSI FX610 notebook comes with 15.6-inch HD/Full HD TFT LCD display having 1366 x 768 pixel native resolution powered by dual Graphics Solution including integrated HD graphics and the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 discrete graphics card card with 1GB DDR3 dedicated video memory for better performance and superb high definition for the best possible multimedia experience available.
In addition, MSI’s GPU Boost technology can let users switch over to the graphics chip. When using a program that processes large amounts of graphics, one touch of the hotkey switches ports users to the discrete graphics card mode which offers more powerful graphics capabilities. When just performing general word processing or cruising the Internet, users can cut to the power-sipping integrated graphics chip mode.
MSI Marketing Director Sam Chern points out that MSI couldn’t be prouder of its FX610 laptop. It packs MSI’s own GPU Boost and Cinema Pro multimedia technologies to manually switch graphics modes, optimize screen color and clarity, and instantly rev up graphics performance.
The FX610 notebook’s design is characterized by meticulous craftsmanship, including a distinctive raised totem seal coating which not only looks and feels great, it also protects against scratching, wear, and smudging to keep your laptop looking chic and new. We’re looking at the industry’s new standard.
Every detail of the FX610 notebook’s body was meticulously crafted by MSI’s design team. The power button is encircled by chrome plating which blends wonderfully with the cold, luminescent blue lights above the keyboard.
The unassuming platinum trim around the speakers and body as well as the unmatched chiclet keyboard with its solid touch, raised multipoint touchpad, and the brush finish of the hotkey zone add to the taste and class of the FX610.
High-end multimedia performance : MSI FX610 is equipped with THX smart surround sound that worked side by side to give the FX610 professional-quality, cinema-class THX smart surround sound. The Smart Volume and Surround technologies give you ideal tone and balance for crisp, clean sound regardless of music type or frequency level to maximize your multimedia enjoyment.
Cinema Pro technology: The MSI FX610 notebook also features MSI’s exclusive Cinema Pro technology allows users to tweak the display to further enhance performance. Just before enjoying a video, simply press the Cinema Pro hotkey and the FX610 will switch to film mode for crisper resolution and richer colors, so you can get the most out of your cinematic experience.
MSI FX610 Notebook Features
- AMD Triple Core Phenom II CPU
- RS 880M Chipset Mainboard
- 2 GB, DDR3 1333MHz x2 SODIMM slot
- 2.5-inch 500GB/640GB/720GB SATA
- 15.6-icnh HD Backlit TFT LCD Display
- ATI RADEON HD5470 1G VRAM
- Intel 802.11 b/g/n WiFi LAN Card
- Bluetooth V2.1+EDR Wireless Connection
- 5 in 1 Supporting XD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC/Memory Stick
- HDMI Digital Out Port
- 3X USB 2.0 Ports
- 1X e-SATA power port
- Mic-in, Headphone out
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN
- Intel 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth V2.1+EDR
- Webcam HD Webcam
- Sound THX TruStudio PC
- x2 Theater Class Speakers
- Special Features: GPU Boost, Cinema Pro, ECO Engine, HD Camera
- 6-cell Battery
- Dimension – 383(L)x249.3(W)x32.5(H) mm
- Weight – 2.4 kg
Price and Availability
MSI has not yet revealed FX610 notebook price or availability in any market as yet.
- MSI Launches FX600 Notebook; Powered by Intel Core i5 CPU and Featuring NVIDIA Discrete Graphics Card
- MSI Launches FR600 Notebook; Featuring Intel Core i5 CPU and Integrated Intel HD Graphics
- MSI FX400 14-inch Notebook Announced; Features Intel Core i5 CPU & NVIDIA Discrete Graphics
- MSI Introduces F-Series Notebooks in India; Includes MSI FX400, MSI FX600, MSI FX610, MSI FX700, and MSI FR600 Notebook
- MSI Launches 17-inch GE700 Gaming Notebook With Intel Core i5 CPU & ATI Radeon HD Graphics
- MSI Announces GX660 3D Gaming Notebook With Intel Quad Core-i7 and ATI Radeon HD Graphics
- MSI Announces GE600 Gaming Notebook Offering Intel Core i5 and ATI Radeon HD Graphics
- MSI Releases S6000 Notebooks Powered by Intel Core i5 Processor
- MSI Launches GT663 Gaming Laptop With NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M Discrete Graphics