Nikon Corporation has today announce the release of Nikon Launches AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G FX-Format Mid-Telephoto Prime Lens that is compatible with Nikon FX-format digital-SLR cameras. This FX-format mid-telephoto prime (fixed focal length) lens offers maximum aperture of f/1.4 for simple and enjoyable photography.
The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G is a fast, mid-telephoto prime (fixed focal length) lens that combines a large maximum aperture of f/1.4 with beautiful blur characteristics and superior rendering.
The lens features Nano Crystal Coat that has been deposited on lens elements for fine, clear images, and the lens is equipped with Nikon’s latest vibration reduction mechanism, VR II.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G FX-Format Mid-Telephoto Prime Lens Features
A fast, high-performance mid-telephoto 85mm fixed focal length lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.4 that offers superior image quality
Adoption of a maximum aperture of f/1.4 and rounded diaphragm (9 blades) enables the expression of bright and beautiful blur characteristics. The lens exhibits excellent rendering capability with shooting all distances, from close-up to infinity, making it especially suited to portrait photography.
It is also an excellent choice for shooting in relatively dark situations, such as indoors or for capturing night landscapes.
A new optical design that makes the most of the performance expected of the latest fast fixed focal length NIKKOR lens
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G lens comes equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing and Nano Crystal Coat adopted to significantly reduce ghost and flare
The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G FX-Format Mid-Telephoto Prime Lens is equipped with two focus modes, M/A and M, as well as a new and improved manual focus drive mechanism.
The lens offers two focus modes, M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual). In addition, the new and improved manual focus drive mechanism reduces manual focus time lag for improved manual focus operation in M/A mode.
Nikon’s internal focusing (IF) system has been adopted with no increase in the length of the lens
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G FX-Format Mid-Telephoto Prime Lens Specifications
- Focal Length - 85mm
- Max App. – f/1.4
- Min App. – f/16
- Lens Construction – 10 elements in 9 groups (including elements with Nano Crystal Coat)
- Min Focus – 0.85 m
- Supplied Accessories – 77 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-77, Rear Lens Cap, Bayonet Hood HB-55, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-1118
- Dim – Approximately 86.5mm (maximum diameter) X 84mm (distance from the camera’s lens-mount flange)
- Weight – 595 gms
Price and Availability
The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G FX-Format Mid-Telephoto Prime Lens will be available in September 2010 at about the same time when NIKON D3100 Digital-SLR Camera is released.
- Nikon Launches AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Primary Lens
- Nikon Launches AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Primary Lens
- Nikon Launches AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Super-Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Sigma Launches optically stabilized APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Lens
- Tamron Launches SP 70-300mm Telephoto Zoom – Extra Low Dispersion (XLD) Lens
- Canon Launches EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Nikon COOLPIX P7000 10.1 Megapixel Compact Digital Camera Launched; Features 7.1 Optical Zoom NIKKOR Lens
- Sony Launches Three New A-Mount Lenses For DSLR Camera
- Canon Launches EF 1.4x III Extender For L-Series Super-Telephoto Lens