Nikon Corporation has today announce the release of Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Primary Lens that is compatible with Nikon FX-format digital-SLR cameras. This FX-format mid-telephoto prime (fixed focal length) lens offers maximum aperture of 3.5 – 5.6 for simple and enjoyable photography.
The NIKON AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Primary Lens is a 10.7X super-telephoto lens that covers a broad range of focal lengths from the wide-angle 28mm to telephoto 300mm.
This lens is also equipped with the VR II vibration reduction mechanism. Nano Crystal Coat has been deposited on some lens elements for fine, clear images, and the lens is equipped with Nikon’s latest vibration reduction mechanism, VR II.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Primary Lens Features
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Primary Lens offers A 10.7X, high-performance and high-power zoom lens covering focal lengths from 28mm to 300mm.
This single 10.7X lens covers a broad range of angles of view, making it extremely practical for shooting at a variety of focal lengths, from wide-angle landscape shots to telephoto shooting.
The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Primary Lens is compact in size and quite light weight that makes it very portable.
The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm Lens features built-in vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four steps.
The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Primary Lens is also equipped with two VR modes, Normal and Active, the vibration reduction function responds to a variety of shooting scenes.
This lens features f/5.6 maximum aperture at the maximum telephoto position enables capture of bright images.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Primary Lens is also equipped with two ED and three aspherical lens elements for superior optical performance.
The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED Lens also offers Nikon’s internal focusing (IF) system that has been adopted with no increase in the length of the lens and the Nano Crystal Coat has been adopted to significantly reduce ghost and flare.
The lens is equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing and includes two focus modes, M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual).
A zoom lock has been adopted to prevent the lens from extending due to its own weight.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Primary Lens Specifications
- Focal Length - 28-300mm
- Max App. – f3.5 – 5.6
- Min App. – f/22, f/38
- Lens Construction – 19 elements in 14 groups (2 ED and 3 aspherical lens elements)
- Angle of View – 75°–8° 10′ (53° –5° 20′ with Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras)
- Dimension – Approximately 83mm (maximum diameter) X 114.5mm (distance from the camera’s lens-mount flange)
- Weight – 800 gms
Price and Availability
The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Primary Lens will be available in September 2010 at about the same time when NIKON D3100 Digital-SLR Camera is released.
- Nikon Launches AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Primary Lens
- Nikon Launches AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G FX-Format Mid-Telephoto Prime Lens
- Nikon Launches AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Super-Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Nikon COOLPIX P7000 10.1 Megapixel Compact Digital Camera Launched; Features 7.1 Optical Zoom NIKKOR Lens
- Nikon COOLPIX S8100 12.1 Megapixel Compact Digital Camera Launched; Features 10X Optical Zoom NIKKOR Lens
- Sigma Launches optically stabilized APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Lens
- Nikon Coolpix L21 Digital Compact Camera Offers 8 MP Sensor & 3.6X Optical Zoom
- Nikon Coolpix L22 Digital Compact Camera Offers 12 MP Sensor & 3.6X Optical Zoom
- Nikon Finally Entering Mirrorless lightweight, Interchangeable-lens Digital Camera Market