The Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME Motherboard is based on the latest Intel X58 +ICH10R Express Chipset and supports newest Intel Core i7 processors in socket LGA1366 and has been optimized to deliver new levels of performance and reliability for home and business users.
Based on Intel’s highest end X58 chipset, the GIGABYTE GA-X58A-EXTREME motherboard is the latest high performance motherboards of GIGABYTE, designed from the ground up to unleash the awesome power of Intel’s new Core i7 processors.
Equipped with a host of new features including the new QPI interface, 3 channel DDR3 support, 3 Way SLI and CrossFireX support, Ultra Durable 3 technology and the industry’s most extensive range of overclocking features, the EX58-EXTREME is bringing excitement back into the high performance motherboard industry.
GIGABYTE’s entire line of X58-based motherboards are ready to support the new generation of Intel 32nm 6-core processors, delivering the very best platform for multitasking, multimedia and high performance gaming and has been designed with copper cooled quality for lower working temperatur.
The Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME Motherboard supports the newest Intel Core i7 processors in socket LGA1366 with QPI 25.6GB/s and features a revolution energy saving design with DES Advanced featuring hardware based Dynamic 4-Gear switching. Additionally, The EX58-EXTREME features Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, which is able to power down idle processor cores and dynamically reroute the power to the active cores for significant performance boosts, and at the same time, maintain greater energy efficiency.
The motherboard offers support for six 1.5V 3 channel DDR3 2100+ memory modules and includes 2 PCI-E 2.0 x16 graphics interface with CrossFireX and SLI support for ultimate graphics performance.
Featuring 100% 50,000 hour lifespan Japanese solid capacitors design the Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME Motherboard features unique hardware control IC that provide more precision voltage control.
In addition, the Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME Motherboard includes licensed AWARD BIOS supporting DualBIOS and also features high speed Gigabit Ethernet connection and home theater quality 8-channel High Definition Audio.
Key Features of Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Motherboard
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
- Support for an Intel Core i7 series processor in the LGA 1366 package (Go to CPU Support List for the latest CPU support )
- L3 cache varies with CPU
- North Bridge: Intel X58 Express Chipset
- South Bridge: Intel ICH10R
- 6 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 24 GB of system memory
- Dual/3 channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 2200/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
- Supports non-ECC memory modules
- Realtek ALC888 codec
- High Definition Audio
- Support for Dolby Home Theater
- Support for S/PDIF In/Out
- 2 x Realtek 8111E chips (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- Support Smart Dual LAN
- 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 x16
- 2 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8
- 1 x PCI Express x4 slot
- 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
- 2 x PCI slots
- Support for 2-Way/3-Way ATI CrossFireX/NVIDIA SLI technology
- 6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2_0, SATA2_1, SATA2_2, SATA2_3, SATA2_4, SATA2_5) supporting up to 6 SATA 3Gb/s devices
- Support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
GIGABYTE SATA2 chip:
- 1 x IDE connector supporting ATA-133/100/66/33 and up to 2 IDE devices
- 2 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (GSATA2_8, GSATA2_9) supporting up to 2 SATA 3Gb/s devices
- Support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1, and JBOD
iTE IT8720 chip:
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector supporting up to 1 floppy disk drive
- Integrated in the South Bridge
- Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 on the back panel, including 2 eSATA/USB Combo, 4 via the USB brackets connected to the internal USB headers)
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector
- 1 x IDE connector
- 10 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
Back Panel Connectors
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
- 1 x PS/2 mouse port
- 1 x coaxial S/PDIF Out connector
- 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
- 1 x IEEE 1394a port
- 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 ports
- 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)