Iomega today announced the launch of the three different 500GB portable portable hard drives, viz. Iomega Radical, Red Hot and Knock Out portable hard drives in its exciting new line of Iomega Skin branded Portable Hard Drives, that pop with unique designs and colors.
The Iomega’s new Skin Hard Drives, in conjunction with the popular Skin Industries, feature three compact personal storage models, viz: Iomega Radical, Red Hot and Knock Out portable hard drives with custom Skin-branded graphics that stand out in a burst of hip culture compared to anything else in the hard drive market today.
“The new Iomega Skin Drives exude an alternative personality Jonathan Huberman with eye-catching Skin Industries graphics that demand the attention of anyone who doesn’t accept the status quo, who zigs when others zag, especially when it comes to the look and design of their digital devices,” said Jonathan Huberman, President of Iomega and the Consumer and Small Business Products Division of EMC.
Iomega’s new Skin Portable Hard Drives deliver that kind of excitement in a lightweight, compact design with the quality features people expect from Iomega, including industry-leading ruggedness to protect your data and a top-tier software suite bundled free of charge with every Skin Hard Drive.
Iomega’s new Skin Portable Hard Drives series consists of three different models and all three models are USB 2.0-powered 500GB portable hard drives.
“Iomega’s new Skin Drives delivers excitement in a lightweight, compact design with the quality features people expect from Iomega, including industry-leading ruggedness to protect your data and a top-tier software suite bundled free of charge with every Skin Hard Drive,” said Praveen Sahai, Director Sales for Iomega in India and SAARC.
The Radical Skin Hard Drive: The “Radical” Skin Hard Drive model has a retro Skin-branded printed logo design on a black top with a vibrant yellow base, creating a look that stands apart from any other portable hard drive.
The Red Hot Skin Hard Drive: The “Red Hot” Skin Hard Drive model features a “Skin” Swipe logo printing on a red top with a black base, creating a definition of hip and hot for today’s young iconoclastic computer user.
The Knock Out Skin Hard Drive: The “Knock Out” Skin Hard Drive model has a dark, mysterious aura with a “Skin” Gothic logo design on a silver top with a black base. One look at this portable hard drive beauty and envious friends and co-workers could be down for the count.
According to company, the Iomega’s new Skin portable hard drives not only have personality and style compared to other hard drives in the market today, but they also deliver on the functionality that’s required of a quality portable hard drive – plenty of space for music, photos and videos, as well as rugged, dependable and easy-to-use.
All three of the new Skin Hard Drives are perfect for slipping into a laptop bag or pocket to take anywhere and the fast USB 2.0 interface on the Skin Hard Drives require no external power supply.
All three of the new Skin Hard Drives offers 500GB storage capacity which is sufficient to hold up to 200,000 photos, over 125,000 songs or more than 190 hours of video.
All three of the new Skin Hard Drives feature Iomega’s standard Drop Guard protection, which helps guard the drive from accidental drops of up to 51 inches on to industrial carpet – or 40% better than the industry average.
Included with all three of Iomega’s new Skin Hard Drives is the Iomega Protection Suite, which is a one-stop portfolio of backup and anti-virus software giving users added protection for their photos, videos, music and other files.
The Iomega Protection Suite includes:
- Trend MicroA complementary 12 month subscription to Trend Micro™ Internet Security for the PC, or Trend Micro™ Smart Surfing software for Mac.
- QuickProtectIomega QuikProtect: backup software for simple scheduled file-level backup of data to hard drives and network-attached storage devices (for Windows and Mac desktops and notebooks).
- Retrospect Backup SoftwareRetrospect® Express software: backup all of your data plus applications and settings (for Windows and Mac desktops and notebooks).
- Mozy Online BackupMozyHome™ Online Backup service: Convenient online backup service with 2GB of online capacity for free (unlimited online storage for $4.95/month). MozyHome Online service allows you to restore your most important data from any computer with internet access, at any location in the world.
All of the software elements in the Iomega Protection Suite are accessible via easy download to Skin Drive owners.
Pricing & Availability
The new Iomega Radical, Red Hot and Knock Out Skin Hard Drives will be available across India at the end of August 2010 for for the price of Rs. 5,950 with a 3-year limited warranty (with registration).
For more information on the new Iomega Skin Drives as well as Iomega’s complete line of portable and desktop direct-attached hard drives, please go to www.iomega.com.
- Iomega 250 GB USB Silver Portable Hard Drive
- Iomega Launches eGo Portable and Desktop Hard Drive
- Samsung Spinpoint N3U 250-GB USB Based Portable Hard Drive Launched
- WD Launches ‘My Book Essential’, ‘My Passport Essential’ and ‘My Passport Essential SE’ Series Portable Hard Drives With USB 3.0
- Toshiba Introduces ‘Art Series’ Portable Hard Drives; offer Complete System Backup and other Enhanced Features
- Toshiba Introduces ‘Alu2 Series’ Portable Hard Drives; offer Complete System Backup and other Enhanced Features
- ADATA SH14 Portable Hard Drive Arrives in India in Style
- Transcend StoreJet 25A : Shock-resistant USB 3.0 Powered Portable Hard Drive Launched in India
- Toshiba Launches External Desktop Hard Drive; Offers 1TB/2TB Storage