Samsung today announced the availability of the Samsung BD-C7900 3D Blu-ray Player, in US market, that features two HDMI ports and built-in WiFi connectivity delivering true 1080p HD video with 3D capability and surround sound.
The Samsung BD-C7900 Blu-Ray Disc Player delivers the total viewing experience. With its explosive 3D capabilities, you’ve never watched movies like this before. Internet@TV (Featuring Samsung Apps) brings your favorite web content to your TV screen. And with the Ultra Fast Play feature, movies start playing the moment you insert them.
With two HDMI outputs, the Samsung BD-C7900 Blu-ray Player makes it easy to connect multiple HD sources to experience a full 1080p HD video picture and digital surround sound.
The two HDMI outputs also allow for support of legacy receivers so there is no need to upgrade to a new HDMI 1.4 receiver; the user can simply connect their receiver to the HDMI 1.3 output for rich, lifelike surround sound audio.
The sleek and stylish Samsung BD-C7900 Blu-ray Player offers built-in WiFi 802.11b/g wireless LAN connectivity for seamless connectivity to Samsung Apps and it also features Samsung’s proprietary AllShare, which allows people to wirelessly sync digital devices so that they can enjoy music, movies and photos directly from their DLNA certified PC, camera and mobile devices to their Samsung TV screen.
The Samsung 3D experience includes:
- Watching 3D movies and shows on a Samsung 3D TV with stylish and comfortable 3D Active Glasses (sold separately)
- Connecting a Samsung 3D Blu-ray Disc Player immerses you in the latest Hollywood 3D hits
- Converting 2D movies, sports and shows to 3D.
“Blu-ray has raised the bar for video and audio quality that consumers expect to see at home. We led the way in 3D TVs and are excited to do the same for 3D Blu-ray players and Home Theater Systems. With the industry’s broadest line-up of 3D capable home entertainment products, there is a product to suit every home and wallet,” said John Revie, senior vice president of Home Entertainment at Samsung Electronics America Inc.
Web-Connected Samsung Apps
Choosing apps built for home TV that let users stream video, play games, view pictures and more.
- Video: BLOCKBUSTER (new movie releases), YouTube (user-generated content) and Netflix (instantly stream TV shows and movies).
- Games: Monopoly from EA, interactive card games and more.
- Lifestyle: Facebook (social networking), Twitter (conversations and updates), Pandora (personalized internet radio) and more.
- Sports and News: the latest headlines and more from Associated Press and USA Today.
All Samsung Blu-ray players support a wide range of media formats and access to an expanding library of applications through Samsung Apps, the first HDTV-based applications store.
This new Samsung BD-C7900 Blu-ray Player deliver a premium experience with both 2D and 3D content and allow consumers to future-proof their living rooms for when they are ready to purchase a 3D HDTV.
Price and Availability
The new Samsung BD-C7900 3D Blu-ray Player is available for $399.99 (Rs. 18,750 approx.) with one year warranty.
- Samsung BD-C8000 Portable 3D Blu-ray Player Launched, Delivers 3D Playback in True 1080p HD
- Samsung Galaxy Players Announced Featuring 4-inch or 5-inch Display & Android 2.2 Froyo OS
- Logitech Introduces Z506 Surround 5.1 Speaker System
- Sony VAIO F Series 3D Notebook PCs Launched; Features built-in 3D Sync Transmitter
- NVIDIA Showcases Lenovo 3D L2363d Gaming Monitor
- D-Link Launches ‘Boxee Box’ in India Powered by Boxee Application
- Samsung YP-D1 MP3 Player Cum Digital Camera
- Samsung Announces Samsung YP-GB1 Galaxy Media Player Powered by Android OS
- Samsung ‘Galaxy S’ i9000 Smartphone Powered by Android v2.1 Launched in India