Samsung Electronics today announced the Samsung F4EG EcoGreen Hard Disk Drive, that is the world’s highest-density, environmentally friendly 3.5-inch internal hard disk drive (HDD) for the desktop market featuring a 2-terabyte (TB) capacity, 667GB for each of its three disks, and is capable of storing up to 880 hours of DVD video or 500,000 songs in MP3 format.
The Samsung EcoGreen F4EG HDD is a standard internal HDD that utilizes Samsung’s high-density design technology to provide better performance, low power and improved reliability to its ‘EcoGreen’ hard drives.
“Storage-hungry multimedia professionals, gamers and home PC users continue to increase the amount of video, music, photo and other personal data they store and back-up,” said I.C. Park, vice president, Storage Sales, Semiconductor Business, Samsung Electronics. “The F4EG delivers all the benefits of a low-power drive yet features top performance quality and is environmentally friendly.”
With its three disks and advanced technology, the Samsung EcoGreen F4EG HDD is 19 percent better in standby time performance and has 23 percent lower power consumption in standby mode than the previous four-disk model, the Samsung F3EG internal HDD.
The new Samsung EcoGreen F4EG HDD model is produced with eco-friendly materials and meets all the environmental regulations including RoHS (Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment) which is applied worldwide, including the European Union and does not includes halogen compound and brominated flame retardant in the PCBA.
The Samsung EcoGreen F4EG Hard Disk Drive also incorporates a 3.0Gbps SATA interface, Native Command Queuing and a 32MB buffer memory and is equipped with Samsung’s low noise operation technology SilentSeek and NoiseGuard to achieve quiet system operation.
The 3.5-inch Samsung EcoGreen F4EG hard disk drive would be available in 1.5TB and 2TB capacities in September in the US and EU markets with a MSRP of $119.99 or Rs. 5,550 approx.) with 2 year warranty.
- Samsung Launches SpinPoint MT2, 1-TB 2.5-inch Internal Mobile Hard Disk Drive
- Samsung Launches 3.5-inch Spinpoint F4 320GB Hard Drive
- Samsung Spinpoint N3U 250-GB USB Based Portable Hard Drive Launched
- Samsung Lauches SH-S182D 18x DVD Writer
- SAMSUNG Launches 20 inch, BX2031, 21.5 inch BX2231, 23 inch BX2331 and 24 inch BX2431 New 31 Series LED-Backlit Monitors
- Samsung NF310 10-inch NetBook Launched; Features Intel Atom N550 Dual-Core Processor
- Samsung Introduces 512-GB Solid State Drive (SSD) Launched Utilizing New Toggle-Mode DDR NAND Memory
- Samsung YH-J70 Portable Media Player
- Samsung MystEco Series LCD Monitors Launched in 15.6-inch, 18.5-inch, 20-inch and 21.5-inch Screen Sizes