Sigma Corporation has today announced its new, optically stabilized Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Lens, which is the seconds generation zoom lens that features company’s new “F” Low Dispersion (FLD) lens glass.
The Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM lens is currently available in only Canon range of camera mounts but it would soon be available for purchase in all major digital camera brand including Nikon, Sigma, Sony and Pentax mounts.
The Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM lens is company’s second-generation lens and has been designed for use with full-frame, DSLR cameras but may also be used with smaller, APS-c size sensors with a corresponding effective increase in focal length of 100-300mm with most cameras.
This new addition to Sigma’s lineup of more than 50 lenses features a medium telephoto range of focal lengths from 70mm to 200mm with a large, maximum aperture of F2.8 throughout the entire zoom range.
TheSigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM lens also features Sigma’s Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) technology, which ensures quiet and high-speed auto focus and full-time manual focus capability and moreover, the lens has a minimum focusing distance of 55.1 inches throughout the entire zoom range and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:8.
The Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM lens also incorporates Sigma’s unique Optical Stabilization (OS) technology, which allows photographers to use shutter speeds approximately four stops slower than would otherwise be possible, while maintaining its predecessor’s compact dimensions.
The Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM lens offers two modes of optical stabilization: The first is for general photography and the second is specifically designed for panning with moving subjects.
Customers of Sony and Pentax cameras who are accustomed to the anti-shake system in their cameras are able to choose between that internal function and the lens’ OS capabilities.
Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM lens also features rounded, nine-blade diaphragm that can help creates an attractive blur to the out of focus images and this lens is equipped with a petal-type hood and, for APS-C size image sensor cameras, it comes with a dedicated hood adapter that expands to the length of the lens hood.
The Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM lens has two of Sigma’s new FLD glass elements. This is the highest level, low dispersion glass available and it has extremely high light transmission with a performance equal to fluorite glass.
The new 70-200mm also has three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass elements for excellent correction of color aberration and Super Multi-Layer Coating to reduce flare and ghosting.
- Designed for use with full frame digital SLR cameras. May also be used with smaller APS-c size sensors with a corresponding effective increase in focal length to about 100 to 300mm with most cameras
- Offers Sigma’s OS System (Optical Stabilization) allowing handheld photography even in low-light situation
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures a quiet & high-speed auto focus
- FLD glass elements with performance equal to fluorite glass for compensate for color aberration
SIGMA APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Specs
- Lens construction: 17 groups 22 elements, 3 SLD glass elements, 2 FLD glass elements
- Focal length: 70-200mm
- Maximum aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Angle of view: 34.3 degree – 12.3 degree
- Closest focus distance: 140cm / 55.1in
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 1:8
- Aperture blades: 9 (rounded)
- Filter attachment size: 77 mm
- HSM AF motor
- Dimensions: 86.4mm x 197.6mm (3.4in x 7.8in)
- Mounts: Sigma, Sony, Nikon, Pentax, Canon
The new Sigma optically stabilized APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Lens is now available in the United States for the price of $2,470 (Rs.114,125 approx.) with 2 year warranty. Visit www.sigmaphoto.com for more details.