NEC has announced today its newest addition to the popular and fast growing 23-inch desktop category with NEC E231W LED-backlit MultiSync LCD Display, that is an eco-friendly and energy saving display designed to benefit a variety of business customers with financial savings and power efficiency.
The eco-friendly NEC MultiSync E231W uses an LED-backlit panel to increase energy savings by up to 40% in comparison to conventional CCFL-backlit LCD monitors.
The NEC MultiSync E231W uses an LED-backlit panel is EPEAT Gold rated and it provides users with advanced features that were created to enhance the desktop computing experience and increase productivity.
“NEC is committed to continuing its strong leadership role within the industry by contributing to a greener environment with an eco-friendly display in the quickly-growing 23-inch category,” said Lynn Gu, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions.
The MultiSync E231W uses an LED-backlit panel to increase energy savings by up to 40% in comparison to conventional CCFL-backlit LCD monitors. This is especially beneficial for our business customers in this economic downturn.
NEC MultiSync E231W uses an LED-backlit display’s widescreen display allows users to have several applications open simultaneously, while its fully-ergonomic design includes 110mm height adjustment, tilt, swivel and pivot for improved comfort during use.
This E Series LCD Monitor model follows in the green footsteps of its sibling, the 22-inch MultiSync E222W, with ECO Mode to reduce power consumption and heat generation, and an ambient light sensor to detect external light sources and adjust the display’s brightness accordingly.
The NEC MultiSync E231W uses an LED-backlit panel also offers users the ability to track their carbon footprint savings with the MultiSync E231W’s built-in carbon footprint meter, a unique tool that calculates the reduction of green gas emissions.
Moreover, the Intelligent Power Manager (IPM) in NEC E231W helps conserve energy and reduce carbon dioxide emissions by switching to a low power state or automatically powering down when the monitor is on but not in use.
The widescreen NEC MultiSync E231W uses an LED-backlit Display Features:
- 23-inch 16:9 W-LED backlit panel
- 1920 x 1080 full HD resolution
- 25,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- 4-way ergonomic stand with 110mm height adjustment, tilt, swivel and pivot
- Full connectivity with DisplayPort, VGA and DVI inputs
- ECO Mode and ambient light sensor
- Carbon footprint meter
- Intelligent Power Management (IPM) system and off timer
- 5-preset Dynamic Video Mode (standard, text, movie, game, photo)
- Multi-directional OSD NaViKey™
- Windows 7, Windows Vista™ Premium and Windows XP certified
- NaViSet Administrator software for centralized control
- EPEAT Gold rating
- ENERGY STAR 5.0 compliance
- TCO 5.0 compliance
Price and Availability
The NEC MultiSync E231W Widescreen LCD Display will be available from August 2010 at an estimated street price of $299 (Rs. 13,790 approx.) with a 3-year parts and labor limited warranty.
- Viewsonic VA1616W 16-inch LCD Monitor
- LG W1642S 15.6-inch LCD Monitor Lauched
- NEC V421 42-inch 1080p LCD Monitor Launched
- BenQ V2200 Eco 22-inch Widescreen Eco-Friendly LED Monitor Launched
- LG W1941S 18.5-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor
- ViewSonic VA1916W 19-inch LCD Monitor
- ViewSonic VA2016W 20-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor
- LG L1752S 17-inch LCD Monitor
- LG L177WSB 17-inch LCD Monitor