Motorola has today announced the launch of Motorola BACKFLIP Smartphone with MOTOBLUR social streams in India that is powered by Android 2.1 Eclair and featuring full QWERTY keyboard and high resolution HVGA display.
The latest addition to its Android portfolio, the Motorola BACKFLIP smartphone combines the social saviness and personalization of MOTOBLUR with the multitasking performance of a smart phone.
With MOTOBLUR running on BACKFLIP, users can navigate and organize their messages, happenings, news, apps and widgets, like never before. BACKFLIP’s innovative built-in BACKTRACK navigation panel works seamlessly with hands so that users can see everything on-screen as it happens, unobstructed.
Motorola BACKFLIP Smartphone features a unique reverse flip design makes it easy to enjoy videos, music and photos, and the QWERTY keyboard allows users to blast through e-mails, texts, news feeds, social network messages and more.
Motorola also announced the launch of its another Android powered smartphones, the Motorola Milestone XT720, just few days back.
“Since introducing our first MOTOBLUR-based device, we’ve remained focused on differentiating the Android experience and bringing it to new carrier partners around the globe,” said Sanjay Jha, co-CEO of Motorola and CEO of Motorola Mobile Devices. “BACKFLIP maximizes the multi-tasking and multi-functional potential of MOTOBLUR with its unique design elements, making it as smart as it is social.”
Motorola BACKFLIP Smartphone is designed around the Motorola MOTOBLUR experience and provides multiple features to keep phone conversations moving.
Multi-tasking has never been easier with Motorola BACKFLIP Smartphone’s reverse-flip full QWERTY keyboard and high-res 3.1-inch HVGA display which lets user see more and respond faster.
The Motorola BACKFLIP Smartphone also features a new and unique BACKTRACK features allowing users navige quickly and easily through menus and features. The BACKTRACK is a touch panel located on the other side of the device, offering you a new way to scroll through—the Web, texts, e-mails and news feeds without obscuring the home screen.
Measuring 53.0 x 108.0 x 15.3 mm the Motorola BACKFLIP Smartphone in the reverse-flip, tabletop mode, allows users to listen to music or view videos hands free. The digital picture frame mode lets users show off latest adventures.
The Motorola BACKFLIP Smartphone comes fully equipped with the MOTOBLUR that includes a full HTML browser on BACKFLIP’s 3.1-inch high-res, touch display, 3G and Wi Fi connectivity.
Android Market gives users access to more than 75,000 apps and widgets, allowing users to freely customize BACKFLIP smartphone to their taste and liking.
The smartphone also features MP3 and video media players that supports AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, MIDI, AAC+ files.
The Motorola BACKFLIP Smartphone also features powerful 5 megapixel amera with flash which can also capture video @ 24fps and users can easily upload the pictures to their favorite photo sharing or social site. In addition, the Motorola BACKFLIP Smartphone also features GPS receiver with A-GPS and google maps and it also includes stereo Bluetooth 2.1+A2DP wireless connectivity.
In addition, the handsets also come preloaded with lifetime free access to fully voice-guided street-level navigable MapmyIndia maps of 401 cities in India.
Supporting SMS/MMS/EMS the Motorola BACKFLIP also features Email software supporting corporate (Exchange), Gmail, IMAP, POP3, attachment and browser document viewer including Microsoft Office and pdf, HTML email composer. The phone also offers IM application supporting AOL Instant Messenger, Windows Messenger and Yahoo! Messenger, and Google Talk.
The Motorola BACKFLIP comes with 1400 mAh Li-Ion Battery that allows 13.5 days standby time and 6 hours talktime and comes with built-in access to Facebook, MySpace and Twitter Direct Messaging and other social networking sites.
Motorola BACKFLIP Smartphone Features
- WCDMA 850/1900/2100,
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900,
- HSDPA 7.2 Mbps (category 7/8),
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- EDGE Class 12,
- GPRS Class 12,
- WiFi 802.11b/g
- USB 2.0 (High Speed)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR with A2DP
- microUSB port
- GPS with aGPS with Google Maps, Google Latitude, Google Maps Street View, eCompass,
- 5 MP camera, 4X digital zoom, LED flash, Auto Focus
- 2GB microSD preinstalled
- 3.1-inches HVGA (320 x 480 pixels) 256K colors Display
- Android 1.5 (upgradable to Android 2.1)
- Full HTML browser, Android Webkit
- 3.5 mm audio port
- Dual microphone with noise cancellation
- Facebook, MySpace and Twitter Direct Messaging
- Image editing tools: Cropping, rotating, GeoTagging, and advanced editing
- 1400 mAh Li-Ion Battery – 13.5 days standby time and 6 hours talktime
- Size – 53.0 x 108.0 x 15.3 mm
- Weight – 133 gms
The Motorola BACKFLIP Smartphone is already available in India for the price tag of Rs. 22,990 with one year warranty.
- Motorola CHARM QWERTY Android Phone Launched in India For Rs. 15,990
- Motorola GLAM XT800 Dual-SIM Android Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 31,999
- Motorola Quench XT3 Android Powered Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 12,500
- Motorola Quench XT5 XT502 Android Smartphone Launched in India
- Motorola CLIQ 2 Android 2.2 Powered Smartphone Launched; Features Slide-out QWERTY Keypad
- Motorola FLIPOUT With MOTOBLUR Smartphone Launched, Powered by Android 2.1 OS
- Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone Launched; Features Android 2.2 & Slide-out QWERTY Keyboard
- Motorola Announces ATRIX 4G Android Smartphone With Dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 Processor
- Samsung Acclaim SCH-r880 Android Smartphone Launched, Features Full QWERTY Keyboard