Seagate has introduced the BlackArmor NAS 400 customizable network storage server, that is a secure, scalable and reliable 4-bay network storage enclosure designed for the growing storage needs of small businesses and households.
Seagate BlackArmor NAS 400 Network Storage Server is the newest addition to the Seagate BlackArmor family of storage solutions that allows customers to customize the box to meet their specific requirements and add more storage as needed.
The Seagate BlackArmor NAS 400 Network Storage Server provides customers the option to install the disk drives of their choice, selecting from an variety of Seagate-certified products including Seagate Barracuda low power drives, Barracuda 3.5-inch 7200 RPM drives or the new Barracuda XT hybrid drive for maximum performance.
A scalable solution for all the growing small businesses, the Seagate BlackArmor NAS 400 network storage server allows customers to start by inserting one drive and add up to three more as their business grows.
The BlackArmor NAS 400 network storage server has no drives pre–installed. This allows customers to customize the storage solution to best fit your business needs. Choose from an array of energy efficient, reliable Seagate drives certified to seamlessly integrate into the system.
Begin by installing just one drive and choose to add additional drives as your business grows, enabling you to take advantage of additional RAID configurations and increase storage capacity.
Just like the Seagate’s other two-and-four bay NAS solutions, the Seagate BlackArmor NAS 400 network storage server also offers:
- Designed for optimum uptime and availability
- Customize to grow with your business — install up to four drives (drives sold separately)
- Full–system, automatic backup for network connected PCs (includes 10 software licenses)
- Backup and protection tools for up to 50 network-connected PCs with incremental and full-system, automatic backup.
- User-configurable RAID 0/1/5/10 & JBOD capabilities, providing a variety of data protection options to help avoid data loss due to hard drive failure.
- Hot-swappable drives — no tools required.
- Microsoft Active Directory 2003/2008 support.
- Secure remote access with intuitive, web-based management interface, allowing customers to designate user access manually or integrate with Microsoft Active Directory 2003/2008.
- Windows 7 certification.
- Ability to centralize, stream and share media files and documents from computers on a network, share them with other DLNA compliant devices and computers on the network running iTunes software.
- Full system recovery of the operating system, programs and settings, in the event of a system crash or failure with SafetyDrill+ software.
- Event notification to help prevent and manage drive errors or disruption.
- Four additional USB ports to connect extra USB storage, share a USB printer or connect an uninterrupted power supply (UPS) to safeguard from power failure.
The following drives have been certified to work seamlessly with your BlackArmor NAS 400
- Barracuda 5900RPM 2TB Internal Kit
- Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB Internal Kit
- Barracuda XT 7200RPM 2TB Internal Kit
The Seagate BlackArmor NAS 400 network storage server provides customers with an variety of either plug-and-play or customizable four-bay NAS products from which to choose. With products ranging from 1TB to 8TB, businesses and advanced consumers can buy what they need now and have the confidence that their storage capacity can scale as their business or storage needs grow.
Available immediately through Seagate.com the Seagate BlackArmor NAS 400 Network Storage Server weighs about 4.8 kgs and is available for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $399.99 or Rs. with a 3-year limited warranty .