Verizon Wireless and Samsung Mobile today announced the launch of the Samsung Intensity II SCH-U460 CDMA Mobile Phone that features infrared camera with night vision and slide-out full QWERTY keyboard.
Claimed to have been made partly from recycled plastic, the feature-rich Samsung Intensity II mobile phone boasts a horizontal slide-out full QWERTY keyboard, a music player, one-touch access to social networking sites, and a 1.3-megapixel infrared camera with night vision providing series and divided shot modes and color effects, including normal, black and white, antique, negative, aqua and green.
The Samsung Intensity II mobile phone is CDMA dual band 800/1900 MHz network ready handset and its design includes an exterior battery cover made from 35 percent post-consumer materials, that is recycled plastic extracted from water bottles or other recycled polycarbonate materials.
The Samsung Intensity II mobile phone features a 2.2-inch 240 x 320 pixel 262,144 colors capable QVGA display and includes microSD card slot supporting upto 32GB expandable memory. The handset comes with 1000 mAh Li-ION battery that provides upto 5 hours of talk-time and upto 300 hours of standby time.
Offering voice commands and advanced speech recognition, the new Samsung Intensity II (SCH-U460) mobile phone comes equipped with Bluetooth v2.1 + A2DP wireless technology with support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, basic imaging, object push for vCard and vCalendar, and serial port. It also includes media player supporting MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA files.
“We’re excited about the Intensity II launch because a major part of Verizon’s sustainability strategy is providing products that utilize post-consumer materials,” said Jim Gowen, chief sustainability officer for Verizon.
The Samsung Intensity II mobile phone offers an eco-calculator for customers interested in calculating their own carbon footprint by allowing then to track car fuel mileage, efficiency and estimated amount of carbon dioxide emitted, along with a calendar and ringtones.
Samsung Intensity II’s Key features and specifications:
- CDMA dual band 800/900 MHz
- Full horizontal slide-out QWERTY keyboard with external numeric keypad
- 2.2-inch 240 x 320 pixel 262,144 colors capable QVGA display
- 1.3-megapixel infrared camera with night vision; series and divided shot modes; and color effects, including normal, black and white, antique, negative, aqua and green
- Voice commands and advanced speech recognition
- Bluetooth technology with support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, basic imaging, object push for vCard and vCalendar, and serial port
- microSD card slot with support for up to 32 GB (card purchased separately)
- Dimension – 4.87 x 2.87 x inches
- 1000 mAh Li-ION battery, 5 Hrs talktime, 300 hrs standby time
Samsung Intensity II’s Lifestyle features:
- Built-in music player
- One-touch contact list to access frequently used contacts instantly
- Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture and voice messaging; Mobile IM; Mobile Chat; Mobile Email; and Mobile Web
- Social Beat application offers customers a single point for accessing social networking sites, including Facebook, Twitter and MySpace; e-mail; content feeds and instant messaging
- VZ Navigator capabilities for customers to receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
- Media Center provides access to downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
- Personal organizer and tools with calendar, calculator with currency converter, alarm clock, world clock and stop watch
- Supports Verizon Wireless services, including V CAST Music with Rhapsody (subscription and PC downloads only), V CAST Song ID and VZW Tones
Additional environmental features of Samsung Intensity II Phone:
The Samsung Intensity II mobile phone also boasts of several environment friendly initiatives in this phone. Its packaging is partially made from recycled paper and partially printed with soy ink, along with reduced package size, which creates less material to dispose of or recycle and less weight for shipping and the box is made of 60 percent recycled paper.
In addition, Samsung also packed the Quick reference guide of Samsung Intensity II mobile phone made from 20 percent recycled paper and the power charger gets more greener by alerting users when the phone battery is fully charged.
Price and availability:
The Samsung Intensity II mobile phone is available online in USA in Deep Gray and Metallic Blue colors, starting today for $49.99 or Rs. 2,278 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement.
- Samsung B5722 Dual-SIM Touchscreen Phone Launched, Featuring Advanced Mobile Tracker
- Samsung Announces Samsung YP-GB1 Galaxy Media Player Powered by Android OS
- Samsung X-700 Mobile Phone
- New Samsung E2370 Mobile Phone Offers 67-Days Standby, 22-Hrs Talktime
- Samsung E250 Mobile Phone
- Samsung Unveils Ultra Smart F700 Mobile Phone
- Samsung SGH-X700 Mobile Phone
- Samsung Gravity 3, Samsung Gravity T and Samsung :) Smiley QWERTY Phones Launched
- Samsung X650 Folder Phone