LaCie , originator of the flat, award-winning key-shaped USB flash drives, recently announced the LaCie XtremKey USB Flash Drive, that offerers industrial-strength protection for data. With capacities up to 64GB and an impenetrable shell, the XtremKey is a truly rugged USB key that stands up to the elements.
LaCie XtremKey rugged USB flash drive is shielded inside a 2mm metal pipe casing and has been sealed with wear-resistant screw threads and a rubber O-ring, it is watertight up to 100 meters.
The LaCie XtremKey USB flash drive is also resistant to 5-meter drops, fierce heat and bitter cold – it holds up in any environment, no matter where you take it (+200°C / -50°).
The LaCie XtremKey rugged USB flash drive is constructed with zamac, a metal alloy composed of zinc, aluminum, magnesium and copper that’s so strong, it is capable of withstanding extreme pressure of a 10-ton truck.
Less than three inches tall, the LaCie XtremKey rugged USB flash memory drive puts strength, security and storage right on your keyring.
“The XtremKey offers extreme durability and capacity in a convenient, well-protected and fun form factor,” said Alexis Kobassian, Product Manager, LaCie. “Despite the robust, industrial-strength protection we’ve added, it’s still a LaCie key that brings ease-of-use and reliability to customers looking to keep their data secure while on the go.”
Equipped with the Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface, the LaCie XtremKey rugged USB flash memory drive offers instant compatibility, outstanding transfer speeds and cross-platform convenience to all PC and Mac users. With writing speeds up to 30 MB/s and reading up to 40 MB/s, you don’t have to sacrifice performance for protection.
Designed by Constance Guisset exclusively for LaCie, XtremKey rugged USB flash drive works relentlessly to keep your data protected, all while being portable, powerful and perfectly suited for your life’s adventures.
The key, when placed on a desktop, even shows some playful personality with a perfectly balanced wobble effect.
Price and Availability
The LaCie XtremKey rugged USB flash memory drive comes in capacities from 8GB to 64GB and will be available in August 2010 at the starting price of $49.99 or Rs.2,250.00. For more product information, visit www.lacie.com.
- LaCie Launches Rikiki Go – Smallest 1TB Hard Drive in Metal
- LaCie Unveils MosKeyto Ultra-Small USB Flash Drive; Offers upto 16GB Capacity
- LaCie Launches Minimus USB 3.0 1TB External Hard Drive
- PNY Releases Hook Attache USB Flash Drives in Smooth Metallic Casing
- Super Talent Launches Pico USB Flash Drive: Worlds Smallest 32Gb USB Flash Drive
- PNY Releases Hook Attache HP v250w USB Flash Drives in Smooth Metallic Casing
- Strontium Launches High Capacity Gold Plated ‘AMMO’ USB Drives
- Transcend Introduces New Industrial-Grade Memory Cards – microSDHC Class 10 and CF170 CompactFlash
- Strontium’s Rugged and Shock Resistant Pollex USB Flash Drive Launches in India