FUJIFILM has today announced the global release of the FujiFilm FinePix Z800EXR Digital Camera, that features next generation EXR sensor and Hybrid High Speed Auto Focus, adding to its stylish Z Series.
The FujiFilm FinePix Z800EXR digital camera combines beautiful styling, with a generous 3.5-inch Wide (16:9) High Resolution Touch Screen to offer consumers the latest digital imaging technology wrapped up in a sleek, sophisticated package.
Available in matte black, red, gold or shell pink, the FujiFilm FinePix Z800EXR digital camera combines a large 3.5-inch LCD with a 12-MegaPixel Super CCD EXR sensor, a Fujinon 5x optical zoom lens (36-180mm equivalent) and ISO levels of up to 1600 at full resolution.
Housed inside a full metal chassis, the FujiFilm FinePix Z800EXR digital camera will fit in any pocket or purse at only 16.9 mm1 thin and features a horizontal lens cover with wave detail, which serves as the on/off switch, and an LED “Z” that lights up when the camera is in operation.
“The Z-Series has come to be known as Fujifilm’s fashionable camera line and the Z800EXR is no exception,” said David Troy, director of marketing, Consumer Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM North America Corporation. “This time, we’ve added an EXR sensor with phase detection pixels to enable features like Hybrid High Speed Auto Focus, plus Intelligent Image Stabilization for great anti-blur protection.”
Touch Screen Technology
The FujiFilm FinePix Z800EXR digital camera’s most appealing feature is its intuitive touch screen technology. The rich 460k-pixel 3.5-inch touch screen display panel facilitates effortless navigation of the camera’s many functions. The touch screen not only lets you take and view photos with the touch of a finger, but also provides a large, bright screen to compose and view your photos.
With Dual Direction GUI feature in the FujiFilm FinePix Z800EXR digital camera detects the orientation of the camera and automatically switches the direction of the menu button accordingly (for shooting, playback, multi-viewing and image search), while Dual Image Display feature splits the screen in various ways to view multiple images at once, so you can scroll through your images quickly and easily to locate the one you are looking for.
EXR Sensor Technology, with Hybrid High Speed AF
The next generation EXR sensor in the FinePix Z800EXR digital camera incorporates “Phase Detection pixel built-in CCD” that realize Hybrid High Speed Auto Focus. It also includes the ability to intelligently decide between the two focusing systems on the camera. For example, when a bright, high-contrast subject is positioned in the center of the frame, Phase Detection AF works fast and accurately; and in dark scenes, Contrast AF is employed to work accurately.
The FujiFilm FinePix Z800EXR digital camera uses both Phase Detection AF and Contrast AF to offer fast auto focus speeds in all scenes. To achieve an incredible auto focus speed of 0.158 seconds, Fujifilm engineers placed pairs of phase detection pixels on the EXR sensor, which work like external sensors on DSLRs.
The FujiFilm FinePix Z800EXR digital camera automatically selects the better focus system (Contrast or Phase Detection), by measuring the amount of light or contrast in the scene. The benefit for the photographer is immediate and obvious – an almost instantaneous capture of the subject in the frame, with no missed shots or subjects half out-of-frame.
Intelligent Image Stabilization
FujiFilm FinePix Z800EXR digital camera features a newly enhanced gyro sensor assisted new image stabilization system that promises further improved image quality with reduced blurring and noise in still pictures and even when shooting movies at the full 5x optical zoom or in very low-light.
The new sensor is able to overcome handshake and can compensate for both sharp and wide hand movements, therefore increasing ISO to freeze action is no longer so necessary, allowing stunningly sharp low-light pictures can be achieved at 400 ISO, rather than 800 or 1600 ISO at night scenery.
The FujiFilm FinePix Z800EXR digital camera also offers HD movie capture in 720p with sound and high quality HD stills playback at 1920×1080 pixels resolution. With the new HD Player (optional extra), which comes equipped with a remote control, users can enjoy around their home HDTV, amazingly detailed stills and high resolution movie playback.
Face Recognition Technology
With Face Recognition Technology, users can identify the people in a picture by name. Fujifilm’s Face Recognition Technology gives users the ability to pre-program 8 people into the camera by telling the camera who each person being shot. The next time user takes a photo of same subject, the camera will amazingly recognize the faces and optimize the settings to ensure that exposure and focus are best suited to that individual, rather than the other people in the picture.
The FujiFilm FinePix Z800EXR digital camera also offers Picture Search tool which allows users to find photos quickly and easily. Users can search by whichever Scene Mode the photo was taken saving time which otherwise gets wasted in searching through all photos to find the ones you are looking for.
Motion Panorama 360 for the Perfect All-Round Shot
New to the EXR sensor, the Z800EXR digital camera’s extends the sweep range to 360 degree (shots can also be taken vertically). Combined with high quality Fujifilm printing, astounding scenes can be taken, showing fine detail, low noise and high resolution at 180 degree, 240 degree or a full 360 degree range.
Photobook Assist lets you select and organize images in your camera to create a digital photobook. You can download the photobooks to your computer using MyFinePix Studio software that is included.
The FinePix Z800EXR also offers these additional features:
- EXR AUTO Technology: Fujifilm’s EXR technology has the unique ability to switch its behavior depending on the shooting conditions by selecting any of 3 different sensor modes. The FinePix Z800EXR can be left on EXR Auto Mode and it would intelligently detects the scene type one is shooting and optimizes the camera’s focus, exposure and white balance and selects the best sensor setting. Alternatively, one can manually select one of three EXR Priority modes for high resolution (HR), dynamic range (DR) or high sensitivity and low noise (SN).
- Touch Shot: Provides the ability for one touch focus and shooting for easy photo taking. After the user taps the focal point of choice for the shooting scene on the LCD display, the camera automatically sets the appropriate focus and functions, and then releases the shutter for optimal one touch picture taking.
- ‘Super Intelligent’ Flash: The FinePix Z800EXR offers a flash control system which efficiently controls the level of flash for a given exposure to produce beautifully balanced flash illumination across the foreground and background. Super Intelligent Flash is most useful in macro photography where the contrast between subject and background can be especially challenging, but is also effective for night and backlit photography.
- Automatic Red-eye Removal: The system instantly corrects red-eye and then saves both the original and the corrected image file automatically.
- Pet Detection: The FinePix Z800EXR comes equipped with Fujifilm’s Pet Detection technology, allowing users the ability to detect up to 10 faces of dogs or cats and automatically optimize the focus.
- Easy Web Upload: The FujiFilm FinePix Z800EXR digital camera also has the Facebook/YouTube Automatic Upload feature which is perfectly suited for consumers who want to share their pictures and videos more easily.
Price and Availability
The FujiFilm FinePix Z800EXR digital camera will be available in late August 2010 at a retail price of $229.95 or Rs. 11,099.00 with one year warranty.