FUJIFILM has today announced the addition to FujiFilm’s award-winning F-Series digital camera family with launch of the FujiFilm FinePix F300EXR Digital Camera, that combines intuitive use with the most advanced features in a compact and stylish package.
The FujiFilm FinePix F300EXR digital camera includes an astounding 15x Fujinon Super Wide-Angle lens (24mm – 360mm equivalent) and Fujifilm’s next generation EXR technology with Hybrid High Speed Auto Focus, available in a point-and-shoot digital camera.
Housed inside a beautifully sculpted black metal shell with a double coated lacquer finish and measuring only 23 mm thick, the FujiFilm FinePix F300EXR digital camera offers a 12-MegaPixel EXR Super CCD, a large 3.0-inch High-Contrast 460K LCD display, Intelligent Image Stabilization and HD movie capture at 720p resolution.
“The primary concerns consumers have are speed of capture, blurry photos and image quality. With the FinePix F300EXR, you won’t miss the action or sacrifice image quality as it has Fujifilm’s EXR technology with Hybrid High Speed Auto Focus. It also has Intelligent Image Stabilization for users to achieve outstanding results in virtually any lighting condition without blurring,” said David Troy, director of marketing, Consumer Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, Fujifilm North America Corporation.
Sharp, Clear 15x Zoom Lens
The FujiFilm FinePix F300EXR digital camera features a Fujinon 15x Super Wide-Angle optical zoom lens that produces crisp high resolution results throughout the focal range, from 24mm wide-angle to 360mm telephoto. The lens of the FinePix F300EXR also features Super EBC Coating that keeps ghosting and flare to minimum, allowing for optimal picture quality.
EXR Sensor Technology, with Hybrid High Speed AF
FujiFilm FinePix F300EXR digital camera also features next generation EXR sensor that incorporates Phase Detection pixels built-in to the CCD to realize Hybrid High Speed Auto Focus.
It has the ability to intelligently decide between the two focusing systems on the camera. For example, when a bright, high-contrast subject is positioned in the center of the frame, Phase Detection AF works fast and accurately; and in dark scenes, Contrast AF is employed to work accurately.
The FujiFilm FinePix F300EXR digital camera employs both Phase Detection AF and Contrast AF technologies to offer fast 0.158 seconds auto focus speeds in all scenes. The F300EXR automatically selects the better focus system (Contrast or Phase Detection), by measuring the amount of light or contrast in the scene.
Intelligent Image Stabilization
FujiFilm FinePix F300EXR digital camera features a newly enhanced gyro sensor assisted new image stabilization system that promises further improved image quality with reduced blurring and noise in still pictures and even when shooting movies at the full 15x optical zoom or in very low-light.
The new sensor is able to overcome handshake and can compensate for both sharp and wide hand movements, therefore increasing ISO to freeze action is no longer so necessary, allowing stunningly sharp low-light pictures can be achieved at 400 ISO, rather than 800 or 1600 ISO at night scenery.
The FinePix F300EXR also works to reduce blur to a minimum by deploying high ISO sensitivity to automatically increase shutter speeds, and CCD Sensor Shift Stabilization to counteract the problems of handshake. By cleverly combining these two, blur is reduced to an absolute minimum.
3.0-inch High-Contrast LCD
The Fujifilm FinePix F300EXR Digital Camera is equipped with a high contrast 460K-pixel 3.0-inch LCD display allowing the camera can be directed at various shooting angles to enable framing of awkward shots. The LCD is bright and clear for beautiful rendition of shots in playback.
HD Movie Capture
The Fujifilm FinePix F300EXR Digital Camera has the ability to capture movies in HD quality – 720p and also has a Mini HDMI Port, making it quick and easy for users to realize the full benefits of their home theater system and to share all their special moments.
Motion Panorama 360 degree
New to the EXR sensor, the F300EXR digital camera extends the sweep range to 360 degree (shots can also be taken vertically). Combined with high quality Fujifilm printing, astounding scenes can be taken, showing fine detail, low noise and high resolution at 180, 240 degree or a full 360 degree range.
Improved Pro Focus Mode
Introduced on the FinePix F70EXR digital camera, the Fujifilm FinePix F300EXR Digital Camera fatures Pro Focus Mode which through complex digital imaging technology, combines several images to create a crisp shot of the subject against a defocused background and foreground.
Ideal for portraits, nature photography or any subject that needs ‘lifting’ from its background, the FinePix F300EXR digital camera provides professional results easily using Pro Focus Mode in combination with Face Detection and Face Recognition.
With Face Recognition Technology, users can identify the people in a picture by name. Fujifilm’s Face Recognition Technology gives users the ability to pre-program 8 people into the camera by telling the camera who each person being shot. The next time user takes a photo of same subject, the camera will amazingly recognize the faces and optimize the settings to ensure that exposure and focus are best suited to that individual, rather than the other people in the picture.
Users can also use Image Search to view images of a registered person. Compared to models from other manufacturers, Fujifilm’s Face Recognition has faster recognition speed, greater number of names displayed, and the ability to recall the most often shot subject.
Tracking Auto Focus
The Fujifilm FinePix F300EXR Digital Camera also features Tracking Auto Focus feature, that allows users to track a moving subject automatically for still picture capture.
The FinePix F300EXR Digital Camera also offers these additional features:
- Super Intelligent Flash: The FinePix F300EXR offers a flash control system which efficiently controls the level of flash for a given exposure to produce beautifully balanced flash illumination across the foreground and background.
- EXR AUTO Technology: Fujifilm’s EXR technology offers the unique ability to switch its behavior depending on the shooting conditions by automatically switching sensor modes. The FinePix F300EXR can be left on EXR Auto Mode and it would intelligently detects the scene type one is shooting and optimizes the camera’s focus, exposure and white balance and selects the best sensor setting. Alternatively, one can manually select one of three EXR Priority modes for high resolution (HR), dynamic range (DR) or high sensitivity and low noise (SN).
- Automatic Red-eye Removal: The system instantly corrects red-eye and then saves both the original and the corrected image file automatically.
- Photobook Assist: Photobook Assist lets user select and organize images in the camera to create a digital photobook. Users can download the photobooks to their computer using MyFinePix Studio software that is included with the model.
Price and Availability
The Fujifilm FinePix F300EXR Digital Camera will be available in late August 2010 at a retail price of $329.95 or Rs. 15,850.00 with one year warranty.
- Fujifilm FinePix JX280 14-MP Ultra-compact J-Series Digital Camera Launched; Offers HD 720p Video Capture
- Fujifilm FinePix JV150 14-MP Ultra-compact J-Series Digital Camera Launched; Offers HD 720p Video Recording
- Fujifilm FinePix JV100 12-MP Ultra-compact J-Series Digital Camera Launched; Offers HD 720p Video Recording
- Fujifilm FinePix S2800HD 14-MP Long Zoom Digital Camera Launched; Offers HD 720p Video Capture
- Fujifilm Introduces 14 New Digital Cameras in India Market
- Fujifilm FinePix JX200 12-MP Ultra-compact J-Series Digital Camera Launched; Offers HD 720p Video Recording
- Fujifilm FinePix Z800EXR 12-MP Digital Camera Launched With 3.5-inch 16:9 Touch Screen Offering HD 720p Video Capture
- FujiFilm FinePix S1800 Super-Zoom Digital Camera Launched in India; Offers HD 720p Movie Recording
- FujiFilm FinePix S2500HD Super-Zoom Digital Camera Launched in India; Offers HD 720p Movie Recording