Olive Telecom has today announced the launch of OlivePad VT100 Tablet PC in India that is claimed to be India’s first 3G network ready Tablet PC powered by Google Android OS.
Slated for an officially launch in August 2010, the OlivePad is quad-band 2G GSM and tri-band WCDMA along with 3.5G HSUPA network ready device that is powered by an ARM11 600MHz processor and is build upon Qualcomm MSM7227 chipset running on Google Android 2.1 operating system with compact dimensions of 110×11.5×179.4 mm.
Olive Mobile also announced that the OlivePad VT100 Tablet PC will be upgradeable to Android v2.2 (dubbed as FroYo) sometime around October 2010.
The OlivePad VT100 Tablet is equipped with a 7-inches WVGA TFT Capacitive Touchscreen display having 800 x 480 pixel resolution and includes 512MB internal RAM along with 512MB inbuilt flash memory, and is equipped with microSD card slot offering up to 32GB expandable storage allowing upto 2000 entries phonebook with 500 SMS memory.
For data connectivity, the OlivePad VT100 offers GPRS class 10 connection, WiFi 802.11b/g wireless LAN and built-in Bluetooth 2.0 +EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless connectivity complimented with microUSB port for wired connectivity and battery charging. It also features built-in Digital Compass, Ambient-sensor and Gravity-Sensor.
The OlivePad VT100 Tablet also includes 3 megapixel CMOS camera with 4X digital zoom, autofocus and video recording capability (3GP) supporting video calling over its 7.2Mbps HSUPA 3G connectivity.
The OlivePad VT100 Tablet offers built-in Flash support, Media Player, Video Player supporting 3GP/MP4/AVI, 3.5mm audio out port, and also has access to more than 75,000 free applications in the Google Android Marketplace.
“With this launch, we are bringing consumers to experience cutting edge technology. The Olive Pad is aimed at today’s technology savvy generation who want easy on the move connectivity,” Olive telecom Chairman Arun Khanna said.
Also featuring built-in GPS with A-GPS support and Google Maps 3.0, some other features of the OlivePad VT100 7-inch Tablet PC includes Pull Mail, WAP 2.0/xHTML browser, Android full HTML browser, Gmail, GTalk, Google Docs, MMS and applications like Clock, Stopwatch, Calander and world clock.
The OlivePad VT100 Tablet PC weighs just 410 grams and comes with powerful Li-Po 3240 mAh rechargeable battery that offers upto 20 hours of talktime and 400 hours of standby time on 2G network (8 hours of talktime with 550 hours of standby time on 3G network) and also features built-in Speaker.
Price and Availability
The OlivePad VT100 7-inch Tablet would go on sale sometime in August 2010 at estimated price of Rs. 25,000/- with one year warranty.
- ViewSonic Announces ViewPad 7 Android 2.2 Powered Tablet Computer; Featues 7-inch Display
- ZTE Launches 7-inch ZTE LIGHT Android Tablet PC
- ViewSonic Launches ViewPad 7 Tablet Powered by Android 2.2 FroYo
- HCL ME Tablets Announced; Features 7-inch/10-inch Display & Powered by Android 2.2 OS
- Reliance Launches Android Powered 3G Ready Tablet for Rs. 12,999
- Binatone Launches 8-inch ‘Home Surf Touch’ Tablet PC Powered by Android 1.6
- ViewSonic Launches ViewPad 7 Tablet Powered by Android 2.2 FroYo in India Market
- Olive Telecom Announces New Olive V-X108 3G Enabled Zipbook NetBook with BSNL 3G Network
- Olive Telecom Launches Android Powered ‘Olive Fluid V-W1′ Smartphone in India