Samsung today introduced its new Samsung Spinpoint MT2 1-terabyte (TB) 2.5-inch internal mobile hard disk drive which is ideally suited for use in portable storage solutions, such as the newly released Samsung S2 Portable 1TB USB Drives in addition to digital TVs, home media systems and set-top boxes.
Samsung Spinpoint MT2 1-terabyte (TB) 2.5-inch internal mobile hard disk drive employs industry-leading 333GB per-platter technology, allowing up to an enormous 1TB for personal digital collections such as photos, music, video and work files.
The Samsung Spinpoint MT2 1-terabyte (TB) 2.5-inch internal mobile hard disk drive is available in 750GB and 1TB capacity and features 5400rpm speed rotation, SATA 3.0 Gbps interface and Native Command Queuing functions for advanced performance and includes an 8MB buffer memory and is available in 750GB and 1TB capacity.
Running at 5400rpm speed, the Samsung Spinpoint MT2 1-terabyte (TB) 2.5-inch internal mobile hard disk drive has a 12.5mm form factor and utilizes Samsung’s proprietary SilentSeek and NoiseGuard technologies to minimize noise levels during drive operation.
“The new Spinpoint MT2 drive offers the largest capacity in what has previously been offered as an option for portable digital devices.” said I.C. Park vice president, storage marketing, Samsung Electronics. “As the total storage solution provider, Samsung is committed to offering products that features exceptional performance and value across a wide range of computing and consumer electronics markets.”
The performance and reliability features of the Samsung Spinpoint MT2 1-terabyte (TB) 2.5-inch internal mobile hard disk drive has been enhanced with an optimized design and improved suspension for multidisc.
The new SpinPoint MT2 hard drive can delivers about 20 percent increased read/write performance along with 4 percent lower power consumption in comparison to competitive hard disk drives, and it features shock resistance levels of 400G (2ms) in operation mode and 800G (1ms) when the power is off.
Equipped with Samsung’s exclusive dynamic balancing technology, the Samsung SpinPoint MT2 hard disk drive’s overall stability and reliability is optimized as a high-performing solution.
In addition, Samsung Spinpoint MT2 1-terabyte (TB) 2.5-inch internal mobile halogen-free drive complies with the European Union’s Directive on the Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS).
- Samsung Launches 3.5-inch Spinpoint F4 320GB Hard Drive
- Samsung Spinpoint N3U 250-GB USB Based Portable Hard Drive Launched
- Samsung Launches EcoGreen F4EG 2-Terabyte Internal 3.5-inch Hard Disk Drive
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1-Terabyte Hard Disk Launched
- Seagate Launches Savvio 10K.2 and Barracuda ES hard drives
- Samsung Introduces 512-GB Solid State Drive (SSD) Launched Utilizing New Toggle-Mode DDR NAND Memory
- Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 3 Terabyte External Desktop Drive Launched
- Iomega 250 GB USB Silver Portable Hard Drive
- Toshiba Launches Industry’s First 1.8-inch MKxx39GSL Series Hard Drives With LIF-SATA Connectors