Lenovo has today launched its new model under S-Series, Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s MOON Netbook that is a 3rd generation netbook powered by Intel Atom N475 Processor with many upgrades and options like ability to share files, music and photos without logging onto the internet and features a suite of wireless options that includes WiFi 802.11b/g/N, WWAN, 3G and blurtooth 2.0+EDR.
Launched early this year, the new Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s MOON netbook PC is infact revised version of earlier launched IdeaPad S10-3 series netbook that is designed as low-cost, Internet-centric mobile computing devices also called NetBooks and is powered by new 1.83 GHz Intel Atom ULV (ultra low voltage) Processor N475, specifically designed for small devices and low power consumption, while maintaining the Intel Core 2 Duo instruction set compatibility.
The Intel Atom processor N475 uses a brand new design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and the processor uses just 2.5 watts of power which is less than 1/10th of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
Available for the price of Rs. 18,401, the new range of ultra-portable Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s MOON Netbook is targeted at consumer who needs to stay connected, informed, entertained and productive-anytime and anywhere. The netBook is designed lightweight and small in size making it convenient for use at all sorts of places like in home, gym, trains, bus, planes etc. where a larger size laptop might feel inconvenient.
The Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s MOON NetBook is powered by 1.83 GHz, Intel Atom Processor N475 and is equipped with a power-optimized front side bus of 667 MHz and a 512-KB of L2 cache and is only 1.25 Kgs with 4-cell Li-Ion power pack. The Netbook also offers 1-GB PC3-10600 DDR3 667MHz SDRAM (max 2-GB in 2 DIMM slots), a 250 GB SATA 5400 rpm 2.5 inch internal harddisk with Active Protection System protects the HDD from damage due to everyday bumps and shocks.
The Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s MOON netBook PC is equipped with 10.1-inch (25.64 cm) SD LED Glare and Multi-touch WXGA display powered by Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 3150 graphics chipset with upto 128 MB shared video memory that offers upgraded native resolution of 1280 x 720 pixel (upgraded from 1024 x 600 pixels) in widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio in 16M colors. The integrated Intel HD graphics chipset supports Direct x10 acceleration, Dual independent display option, Dynamic Display Detect, and Open GL 1.4.
Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s MOON netBook PC also feature a suite upgrated wireless connectivity options that includes BCM 4313 BGN Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/N(draft) Wi-Fi connection along with Bluetooth v2.1+EDR wireless data connection for enhanced wireless connectivity and optional WiMAX, WCDMA, CDMA2000, TS-SCDMA connectivity. In addition, it also sports integrated 10/100 Ethernet Network Card but does not feature internal modem. Integrated Touch Pad features a wider touch pad area which provides two modes to avoid the incident touching of Touch Pad when using a mouse.
Lenovo has incorporated few unique features with Lenovo’s proprietary technologies in IdeaPad S10-3s series netbook. DirectShare allows user synchronize their netbook and share files without internet access, while MapLife is an application that detects user’s physical location using WiFi connection. Besides, it also features built-in antivirus tools and VeriFace software that provides the integrated webcam with face recognition technology.
Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s MOON netBook also offers Lenovo’s own One-Touch-System-Recovery feature and it comes with various software preinstalled such as Shuttle Centre, Power 2 GO, Veriface, Easy Capture 2.5, IGRS Anywhere and Norton anti-virus software.
The Netbook comes preloaded with Lenovo’s QuickStart 2.0 instant-on software for connecting to the web in just a few seconds after hitting the power button without waiting for Windows to boot and DirectShare that allows to share data with other PCs without the internet.
In addition, it includes location-based software Maplife mapping, Webcam based face recognition VeriFace and Active Protection system that provides extra protection from sudden hard drive shocks or accidental fall.
Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s MOON comes with Windows 7 Home Basic preinstalled and some other features of this Tablet Netbook PC includes integrated 1.3 Megapixel resolution webcam, 4-in-1 Media Card Reader supporting SD, SDHC and Multimedia Card (MMC), 2 USB v2.0 ports, Realtek ALC6628 Hi-Definition Audio 5.1 CODEC Hardware with build-in 2 stereo speaker system of 1.5 Watts each and also sports built-in Microphone. In addition it also includes a IEEE1394 Interface for high speed communication between two devices like transferring images without any quality degradation from a stand alone camera or camcorder to a PC.
Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s MOON netbook weighs 1.25 Kgs with 6-cell battery (or 1.51 Kgs with optional 8-cell) which provides upto 5 hrs battery life and the Netbook is designed to be a eco-efficient consumer and business notebooks, and are fully compliant with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s MOON NetBook Features
- Intel Atom Processor N475, 1.83 GHz
- 512-KB L2 Cache, 667 Mhz FSB
- 1-GB PC3-10600 DDR3 667 MHz RAM, 2 DIMM slots (Max. 2-GB in 2 slots)
- 250-GB Serial-ATA harddrive, 5200 rpm
- No internal Optical Drive
- 10.1 inch (25.64 cm) widescreen SD LED Glare and Multi-touch display, 1024 x 600 1280 x 720 pixels maximum resolution, 16M colors
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Intel GMA 3150, shared video memory, supports Direct x 9.0 acceleration, Dual independent display option, Dynamic Display Detect, Open GL 1.4
- Built-in Speakers
- Internal Microphone
- Integrated 1.3 Megapixel Webcam
- 10/100 Ethernet Network Card
- No internal Modem
- BCM 4313 BGN / 802.11 a/b/g/N Wireless LAN Connection
- Bluetooth v2.0+EDR wireless connection
- 4-in-1 Memory card reader, SD, MMC, MS, MS Pro
- 2 USB v2.0 ports
- Windows 7 Starter Edition
- 6 cell 2.2A Lithium Ion Battery
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 11 x 6.9 x 0.8 -inches
- Weight: 1.25 Kgs (with 6-cell battery pack)
The Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s MOON NetBook powered by Intel Atom N475 Processor and featuring upgraded 10.1-inch 1280 x 720 pixel display is available in India for the price of Rs 18,401 with standard 1-year carry-in warranty. Visit www.lenovo.com/in for more details.
- Lenovo Launches IdeaPad S10-3t Tablet Netbook PC With Touchscreen Display
- Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s WIND Netbook Launched; Offers Upgraded 10.1-inch 1280×720 Resolution Display
- Lenovo IdeaPad S10 NetBook
- Lenovo IdeaPad S9 NetBook
- Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 Netbook PC Powered by Intel Atom Processor
- Best Under Rs 30000 Laptop Computers in India
- Lenovo IdeaPad Z360 Notebook Launched, Features Intel Core i3/i5 CPU & NVIDIA GeForce 310M Graphics
- LG Launches X200 Netbook Having 10.1-inch Display
- Lenovo IdeaPad U310 and U410 Ultrabook laptops Launched