Canon unveils the latest models in its IXUS range – the new Canon IXUS 130 IS Digital Camera, that features 14 MP digital sensor with 4X optical zoom and is compact, great looking and extremely easy to use packing a range of clever and user-friendly features including SDXC memory card support of upto 2TB storage.
The Canon IXUS 130 IS Digital Camera features a stunning exterior and is the latest evolution of the famous IXUS design. Beautiful curved edges are complemented by a range of stylish colours – silver, black, orange and pink – allowing users to pick the camera to suit both their taste and personality.
Canon IXUS 130 features a 14.1 Megapixel sensor that offers incredible detail capture for large prints and is is capable of HD video recording in 720p resolution providing the ability to shoot high quality movies, with integrated HDMI connectivity allowing users to share videos with friends and family via playback on HDMI-compatible devices, including HDTV displays.
Smart Shutter mode provides inventive ways to control the shutter using Face Detection Technology, enabling the user to trigger the shutter using a smile or a simple wink of an eye.
The Canon IXUS 130 IS Digital Camera feature wide 28mm lens is perfect for capturing landscapes or group shots, while a 4.0x optical zoom lets you get closer to your subject. In addition, Canon’s optical Image Stabilizer counteracts image blur due to camera shake throughout the zoom range.
The DIGIC 4 processor delivers richly detailed, clean images, even when shooting at high ISO speeds and also drives fast and responsive camera operation.
Canon IXUS 130 IS Digital Camera features a 16:9 aspect 2.7-inch (6.9 cm) PureColor II G LCD display is ideal for shooting and playback movies in wide format. Its tempered glass layer strengthens the surface and improves visibility. ‘Hints & Tips’ messages displayed in the user interface also offer step-by-step guidance around the camera menu, making it even easier for users to find the features they want to access.
Canon’s renowned optical Image Stabilizer system also counters camera shake, helping to prevent image blur, particularly when shooting at full zoom or in low light conditions.
IXUS 130 IS digital camera is equipped with Smart Auto with Scene Detection Technology that helps users take great photos by automatically detecting the shooting scene, giving users the freedom to simply concentrate on taking the picture. Detecting 18 different scenes Smart Auto is able to determine a wide range of shooting conditions – such as Portrait, Landscape or Macro – before applying the optimum settings required to capture the perfect shot.
The i-Contrast technology in IXUS 130 IS analyses images to deliver perfect exposure, adding light and detail to dark sections of images while reducing blow out in brighter areas and Motion Detection Technology effectively combats blur by monitoring camera shake, brightness and subject movement, and automatically sets the shutter speed and ISO level to deliver blur-free results.
The IXUS 130 IS camera’s Face Detection Technology enables up to 35 faces be identified at once, with the camera ensuring subjects are well exposed and in focus. Auto Red-Eye correction also detects and removes any red-eye immediately after a picture is taken.
FaceSelf-Timer makes group photos easy, taking a shot after an extra face enters the frame. Auto Red-Eye Correction eliminates red-eye during shooting or playback.
Motion Detection Technology in IXUS 130 IS detects movement in the shooting scene and camera shake and i-Contrast offers improved contrast and greater detail in tricky lighting conditions.
The Canon IXUS 130 IS offers 720p high definition movie recording with high quality stereo sound. The lens’ quiet drive system allows users to zoom during recording with minimum audio interference, while the optical Image Stabilizer can also be engaged to reduce the effects of camera shake in video footage.
An integrated HDMI-mini port makes it straightforward to share images, allowing pictures and video to be viewed directly on any HDMI-compatible screen, including HDTVs. For users who want to transfer content wirelessly, it also includes Eye-Fi connected functions.
It also features an integrated YouTube upload function in the supplied CameraWindow software application, providing the capacity to log-in and upload video directly from the camera to the Internet via a computer.
A new optional, ultra-slim and lightweight waterproof case (WP-DC37) is also available for the Canon IXUS 130 IS digital camera that allows users to protect their camera and shoot underwater to depths of up to 40m.
Canon IXUS 130 IS is also compatible with new SDXC memory cards, offering storage capacity of up to 2TB. The SDHC memory cards are also supported up to 32GB, providing instant compatibility with the vast number of memory cards already available.
IXUS 130 IS IS Camera Key Features
- 14.0 Megapixel IXUS with compact metal body in four colour options
- Genuine Canon 28mm wide-angle 4x zoom lens with optical Image Stabilizer
- 2.7-inch (6.9cm) PureColor LCD II LCD Display
- HD Movies (720p) and HDMI connection
- Smart Auto with Smart Flash Exposure and Scene Detection Technology for great looking photos in all situations
- Face Detection, FaceSelf-Timer and Auto Red-Eye Correction
- Combats blur with ISO Auto, Motion Detection Technology and IS
- i-Contrast helps retain shadow and highlight detail
- DIGIC 4 processing for ultra-fast response and high image quality
- Range of shooting modes including Low Light
The new Canon IXUS 130 IS Digital Camera is available for Rs. 14,545/- with one year warranty and comes with 4GB SDHC memory card for free.
- Canon Launches IXUS 105 IS Digital Camera With SDXC Memory Card Support
- Canon Unveils IXUS 210 IS Digital Camera With 720p HD Video Recording and HDMI Port
- Canon IXUS 300 HS Digital Camera Offers 720p HD Video Recording
- Canon IXUS 900Ti 10-Megapixels Digital Camera
- Canon IXUS 1000 HS Digital Camera Launched; Offers 10X Optical Zoom
- Canon PowerShot A3300 IS, A2200, A1200 and A800 Digital Cameras Launched
- Canon PowerShot SX130 IS 12.1 MP Digital Camera Launched; Offers 12X Digital Zoom & 720p HD Video Recording
- Canon Launches PowerShot A490 Compact Digital Camera
- Canon PowerShot SD4500 IS Compact Digital Camera Launched; Offers 10X Optical Zoom & Full 1080p HD Video Recording