Sigma has announced Sigma SD15 digital SLR camera, its latest offering in Sigma’s SD Series which incorporates a highly visible 3.0 inch LCD monitor and features a new 77-Segment AE sensor.
Sigma’s plans for the SD15 Digital SRL camera were originally unveiled at the photo community at photokina in 2008 because in its efforts to assure the customers that it was committed to the SD camera system and outstanding Foveon technology.
The Sigma Digital SRL camera (DSLR) has been developed to produce superior image quality with improved processing speed, operation and performance, and its 14-megapixel Foveon X3 direct image sensor can capture all primary RGB colors at each pixel location arranged in three layers.
The Sigma SD15′s “TRUE II” image processing engine helps the camera process a large amount of data, while producing high-resolution, high-definition images with impressive three-dimensional detail and rich gradation.
In addition, the SD15 Digital SRL Camera is also equipped with SD memory card slot and incorporates a highly visible 3.0 inch LCD monitor with 460,000 pixels and greater pixel density, a new, 77-Segment AE sensor, an Analog Front End (AFE), and an extra ISO stop at 3200.
The 14 MP capable Sigma SD15 Digital SRL Camera’s data buffer is also larger than its predecessor’s, allowing upto 21 raw images to be shot continuously, as opposed to six, and the camera has an improved user interface.
The Sigma SD15 Digital SRL Camera comes loaded with the company’s new Sigma Photo Pro (SPP) 4.0 software, which features new, user-controlled noise sliders that allow for greater control over detail rendering in images taken at ISO 400 and higher, and special algorithms that were specifically developed for processing SD15 raw files.
Like earlier versions of the software, SPP 4.0 software also contains the X3 Fill Light function, which allows users to easily add light to shaded areas of an image, without overexposing highlighted areas.
Sigma had earlier introduced a high-end compact digital camera, the DP1, in March 2008, which uses the same large image sensor as featured in Sigma’s digital SLR cameras.
That camera was soon followed by the DP2, DP1s, DP1s and DP2s. The DP and SD series have established a strong following from a wide range of amateur and professional photographers.
The Sigma SD15 Digital SRL Camera is now available in the United States for the estimated street price of $989 or approximately Rs. 46,500/-
- Sigma Launches optically stabilized APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Lens
- Creative Launches Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Alpha and Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma Gaming Headsets
- Nikon Launches D5100 DSLR Camera in India for Rs. 34,450
- Olympus Launches E-5 Digital SLR Camera; Features 12.3MP Live MOS Sensor
- PENTAX Announces K-r Series 12 MP Digital SLR Camera; Offers 720p HD Video Recording
- NIKON D3100 Digital-SLR Camera Launched; Offers Full 1080p HD Video Recording
- Canon Launches PowerShot A490 Compact Digital Camera
- Canon EOS 7DSV (Studio Version) Digital SRL Camera Launched; Offers 18MP APS-C CMOS Sensor & Dual “DIGIC 4″ Processor
- Canon Launches PowerShot A3100 IS Compact Digital Camera