Seagate today announced Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk External Desktop Drive, the world’s first 3 Terabyte (TB) external desktop drive for both PC and Mac computer systems.
The Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk External Desktop Drive helps to meet the explosive worldwide demand for digital content storage in both the home and the office.
With 3TB of capacity users have unprecedented amount of storage space in hand which potentially allows storing of up to 120 HD movies, 1,500 video games, thousands of photos or countless hours of digital music.
Available in India for Rs. 18,250/- the Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 3TB External Desktop Drive is a key addition to the company’s recently introduced GoFlex family of high performance hard disk drives and this external drive couples immense capacity with the flexibility to adapt the drive’s USB 2.0 interface to a USB 3.0 or FireWire 800 connection to meet varying performance and transfer speed needs.
Users can easily create, store and access content from either a Windows or Mac OS X computer on this GoFlex Desk external drive, thanks to an included NTFS driver for Mac.
The Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 3 Terabyte External Desktop Drive delivers unconstrained 3-TB of potential storage and automatic, continuous backup with software file encryption to help keep all data safe and secure.
Though Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 3 Terabyte External Desktop Drive features a standard USB 2.0 interface but that can be upgraded to USB 3.0 or FireWire 800 by coupling the drive with the appropriate GoFlex desktop adapter to increase file transfer performance by up to 10x for easier copying or sharing of files.
According to company, as the definition quality of digital cameras increases, playback devices such as digital photo frames and MP3 players proliferate and the use of the Internet for downloading music and video continues to grow, more files accumulate in the home. Consumers who are active in digital media creation and consumption will witness their digital media storage needs grow nine-fold by 2014, driving the demand for higher capacity, easy-to-use storage solutions.
The Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 3 Terabyte external desktop drive is compatible with both the Windows operating system and Mac computers and each drive includes an NTFS driver for Mac, which allows the drive to store and access files from both Windows – including Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP (32-bit & 64-bit) operating system- and Mac OS X operating system 10.4.9 or higher.
The NTFS driver is simply installed once on a Mac computer, allowing it to read and write files on a Windows formatted? drive. Its sleek black , 3.5-inch design sits either vertically or horizontally to accommodate any desktop environment.
With the Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk external drive, it’s easy to backup, secure and access your content that:
- Ensures automatic continuous backup of your data
- Secures your backed up files and protects your privacy with powerful encryption software
- Includes the Seagate Dashboard management tool for easy management of backup schedules and file encryption, and viewing drive statistics
- Includes the GoFlex Desk USB 2.0 desktop adapter with illuminated capacity gauge
- Offers vertical or horizontal orientation to fit in any desktop environment
The Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 3 Terabyte External Desktop Drive with standard USB 2.0 adapter is available for the price of Rs. 18,250 with 2 year warranty.
- Seagate Unveils GoFlex Home Network Storage System With WiFi Router Connection
- Seagate GoFlex Slim 320GB Capacity Slimmest Ever External HDD Launched in India
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1-Terabyte Hard Disk Launched
- Seagate BlackArmor PS110 USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Offers 5-GBps Data Transfer Speed
- Transcend StoreJet 25F USB Portable Hard Drive Launched
- Transcend Storejet 18M Portable USB Hard Drive Launched
- Toshiba Launches External Desktop Hard Drive; Offers 1TB/2TB Storage
- Seagate Momentus XT 2.5-inch Solid State Hybrid Drive Launched
- Seagate Introduces BlackArmor NAS 400 Customizable Network Storage Server