Opera has today released the latest version of Opera 10.60 browser for desktop claimed to be 50 percent faster than Opera 10.5 version which released released in last March 2010 and incorporates many of the significant changes introduced in the previous releases.
Opera 10.6 is now available for download with a range of enhancements over earlier released Opera 10.50 and which now allows expanded options as far as the default search engine choices in the browser are concerned.
Specifically, Bing is now featured as an alternative to Google, Yahoo and others, allowing users to easily select Microsoft’s search/decision engine for the browser’s search box.
New in Opera 10.60 for desktop
- First browser to support Google WebM videos.
- Opera 10.60 truely delivers better HTML5 and other standards support. Enhanced support for advanced Web standards such as HTML5 and WebM video is now included.
- Opera can prompt you to share your location, making geolocation-supporting websites more useful. Geolocation, can detect user’s location on a map and is useful for localizing search results
- Search suggestions for selected providers help you enter find results more easily.
Sone other new features in Opera 10.6 for desktop includes Bing search engine, enhanced phishing and malware protection from AVG. According to Opera, “Live feeds supply fresh information on the latest web threats to the users and keep them in the know about potential malware, harm or scams”.
Besides, a new Appcache features stores files locally and allows users to use in-browser apps like Google Docs to be used even if the internet is not connected.
Opera 10.60 for Windows/Mac/UNIX can be downloaded from opera.com/browser/download.
- Google Launches New Products
- Opera Browser v.10 Launched With Fully Functional Turbo Processing Engine
- Opera Mobile 8.60 Browser for Windows Mobile and Pocket PC
- Google Updates Google Maps 4.7 With new Personalized Location Recommendations
- Download – Opera Mini 2.0 for WAP Enabled Mobile Phones
- Download – Avant Browser 10.2
- Mozilla Releases Mobile Firefox 1.0 for Maemo, on Nokia N900 and N810
- ‘Big Daddy’ – Google’s latest major overhaul of its algorithm
- HTC Wildfire Android 2.2 FroYo Update Rolls Out in India