MSI has today introduced its new-generation, custom-designed 10-inch Wind Series MSI Wind U160DX netbook clad in chic exterior sheathed in MSI’s own Color Film Print and featuring MSI’s new generation exclusive TDE technology and intel ATOM Processor N455 delivering high performance and 15 hours of extended battery life.
The feather-light Wind MSI Wind U160DX Netbook features a unique display axle, blue LED power indicator, and your choice of either gold or onyx color film print. The MSI logo exudes a silvery glow when the netbook is being powered up and the areas on either side of the touchpad are coated with color film print to protect against scratches and wear.
The MSI Wind U160DX employs Intel’s Pine Trail platform with the new generation power-sipping Intel ATOM processor N455 that supports DDR3 system memory for outstanding performance.
Equipped with Intel’s latest ATOM processor N455, it supports DDR3 667 MHz system memory and works with MSI’s TDE turbo drive technology for processor and memory to give users a mobile computing experience characterized by lightness, power savings, and high performance.
MSI Wind U160DX netbook is a new generation netbook crafted meticulously by MSI which features Intel’s most advanced ATOM processor N455 and TDE technology which can accelerate processor instantaneously and a solid and quiet independent Chiclet keyboard.
In addition, for added comfort, the U160DX’s touchpad has been made 20% bigger, once again underscoring the care and “Insist-on-the-Best” spirit that goes into the design and production of every MSI product.
The MSI Wind U160DX features MSI’s exclusive TDE’s turbo drive technology which kicks in the overclocking to enhance processing performance instantly, maximizing the machine’s hardware capabilities.
Weighing only 1.0 Kgs with 3-cell battery, the MSI Wind U160DX Netbook is powered by 1.66 GHz Intel ATOM Processor N455 build on NM10 chipset mainboard with power-sipping single-chip architecture enhancing overall performance by 10% and extending battery life by 15%, and includes up to 2GB of DDR3 667 MHz RAM, 160 GB 2.5-inch SATA hard drive.
The MSI Wind U160Dx is equipped with 10.1-inch WSVGA LED backlit display, with a refresh rate of 8 milliseconds, powered by integrated Intel GMA 3150 graphics solution with shared video memory allowing upto 1024 x 600 pixels display resolution.
In addition, it also includes Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v2.1+EDR, built-in 1.3MP webcam, HD audio, stereo speakers, and 2-in-1 media card reader.
The Wind U160DX employs MSI’s own Chiclet keyboard with independent keys for a solid, silent touch when typing, while adding to the overall elegance.
For extended battery life, MSI Wind U160DX is equipped with a power-sipping LED screen and MSI’s exclusive ECO engine power saving technology which effectively extending the netbook’s battery life.
ECO technology allows users to select from among five power management levels—Gaming, Movie, Presentation, Office, and Turbo Battery maximizing battery life, giving the U160DX up to 15 hours of battery power.
MSI Wind U160Dx NetBook Features
- Intel Atom Processor N455 , 1.66 GHz
- NM10 Chipset Mainboard
- DDR3 667 MHz support up to 2 GB(1 DIMM slot)
- Wireless WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth v2.1+EDR
- 10.1-inch WSVGA LED Backlit Display, 1024 x 600 pixels native resolution
- Intel GMA3150 graphics, Share with System Memory
- 160 GB or above (2.5” SATA)
- 2 in 1 card reader – support SD, MMC
- Ports – 1 D-sub, 3 USB 2.0, Mic-in, Headphone, RJ45
- 3 cells / 6 cells battery
- 1.3 MP Webcam
- HD Audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimension – 265 x 165 x 19.8-25.4 mm
- Weight – 1.0 Kg (with 3 cell battery)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Starter
- 15-hours battery life
MSI has not yet revealed price or availability of Wind U160DX Netbook in any market.
- MSI Wind U135DX NetBook Launched With MSI’s TDE Technology
- MSI Wind U160 Netbook Goes on Sale Now for Rs. 23,999
- MSI Wind U160 Netbook Powered by Intel ATOM N450 Officially Launched
- LG Launches X200 Netbook Having 10.1-inch Display
- MSI U250 Wind12 12.1-inch Netbook Launched With AMD Athlon II Neo Dual Core CPU
- Samsung NF210 Netbook With Dual-Core Intel ATOM Processor Launched in India
- MSI Wind Box DC520 Small Form Factor PC Launched
- Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s WIND Netbook Launched; Offers Upgraded 10.1-inch 1280×720 Resolution Display
- MSI Wind Box DE520 Small Form Factor PC Launched