Acer has announced new version of its popular Aspire One netbook, the Acer Aspire One AOD260 Netbook PC which is powered by Intel ATOM processor and comes equipped with 10.1-inch CrystalBrite LED display delivering sleek new designs and enhanced performance for highly mobile consumers.
Housed in a black matte, mesh-textured cover which limits fingerprints and smudging, the Aspire One AOD260 netbook clad a sleek and portable at less than one-inch thin and about 1.20 kgs to 1.25 kgs in weight (depending on battery pack).
“The netbook market has matured quickly and Acer is maintaining its leadership in this category by delivering multiple product lines that target unique customer requirements,” said Pete Dailey, senior product marketing manager for netbooks. “Whether the customer’s primary concern is style, performance, battery life or value, Acer offers the perfect netbook solution.”
The new Aspire One AOD260 netbook is designed as a fashion accessory clad in the patterned design, smooth surface, chromo-plated logos and flush battery create an elegant design from all angles.
Designed to deliver long battery life, the Acer Aspire AOD260 combine the great looks with the energy-efficient 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N450 processor with 512-KB L2 Cache @ 667 MHz FSB and comes with 1GB DDR2 memory and 250GB 5400rpm SATA internal hard drive to store plenty of digital albums, music and documents, 93% large keyboards with Multi-Gesture touchpads.
The Acer Aspire One AOD260 netbook comes equipped with 10.1-inch WSVGA LED Backlit Display powered by integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 graphics offering 1024 x 600 pixel resolution.
For precise control and intuitive navigation, the Aspire One AOD260 netbooks utilize a Multi-Gesture Touchpad with anti-slip microbead texture, allowing users to pinch, flick and swirl their fingers across the touchpad.
It also allows users to scroll, zoom in and out, and flip through web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more. Also, a larger keyboard – 93 percent standard size – is convenient for typing.
Aspire One AOD260 also includes an integrated 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED network and a fast 10/100 Ethernet LAN port.
In addition, there is also a webcam and digital microphone that deliver smooth video and voice quality for real-time video chat and conferencing.
Less than 1-inch thin and about 1.25 kgs in weight the Aspire One AOD260 netbook comes with Windows 7 Starter edition with upto 8-hours of battery life.
Acer Aspire One AOD260 Netbook Features
- Intel Atom N450, 1.66 Ghz
- 512-KB L2 Cache, 667 FSB
- TouchPad Pointing Device Type, Standard Keyboard
- 1-GB DDR2 RAM, Single slot, Max 1-GB
- 250GB 25400 SATA Hard Drive Capacity
- Windows 7 Starter Edition
- 10.1-inch WSVGA, Backlit Display, LED Display, 1024 x 600
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
- Microphone, Headphone Jack
- 3 USB ports
- VGA Port
- Multi-in-1 Card Reader
- Built-In Webcam
- 10/100 Ethernet LAN
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- Built-In Speakers
- Up to 8 Hours battery life
The Acer Aspire One AOD260 netbook comes in four colors to fit anyone’s style and personality, black, charcoal, pink and purple colors and is available for $329.99 with a standard one-year parts and labor warranty, which can be extended to three years with the Acer Advantage service.
Acer has not revealed Aspire One AOD260 prices or availability in India market as yet.
- Acer Launches Aspire One AO533 Netbook Powered by Intel ATOM Processor
- Acer Launches Aspire One AO721 Netbook Powered by AMD Athlon II Neo K125 Processor & ATI Radeon HD Graphics
- New Acer One 532h NetBook With Atom N450 Now Available
- Acer Aspire One AOD150 NetBook With 10-inch Display
- Acer Launches Aspire One AO521 Netbook Powered by AMD Athlon II Neo K125 Processor & ATI Radeon HD Graphics
- Acer Aspire One D250 Ultra-light Netbook
- Acer Aspire One NetBook
- Acer Launches Aspire One AO522 Netbook Powered by AMD Fusion APU & ATI Radeon HD Graphics
- Acer Aspire One D250 Netbook with Dual OS Launched in India