Samsung has today introduced its new offering in R40 series laptops, the Samsung R580-11 Laptop powered by ultra-capable Intel Core i3 processor and features 15.6-inch 16:9 aspect ratio HD LED-backlit display powered by integrated Intel HD graphic offering superior options for computing at home or on-the-go.
The Samsung R580-11 laptop is designed for everyday computing, harmonizing practical features with polished style, and delivers performance in a stylish form factor and it feature a well-spaced, roomy keyboard, large multi-gesture touchpad and rounded, smoother edges.
Boasting a (optional) Blu-ray optical drive and Intel Wireless Display, the new Samsung R580-11 laptop offers users capability to wirelessly stream online and personal content from the laptop to their HDTV.
The R580-11 mobile PC weighs only 2.47 kgs with 6-cell battery and is styled with Samsung’s signature Touch of Color design creating an eye-catching product perfect for multimedia users that desire performance and style.
The Samsung R580-11 laptop is powered by Intel Core i3-350M Processor and it includes 4-GB DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM (upto 8-GB max), 500GB 5400 rpm 2.5-inch internal hard drive and internal Super multi-layer DVD optical drive easily accommodates all the applications typically used by media-centric consumers. Optional Blu-ray drive is also available.
The Samsung R580-11 laptop also boasts of a 15.6-inch 16:9 aspect ratio, HD LED-backlit display, powered by integrated Intel HD graphics allowing upto 1366 x 468 pixels screen resolution in 16-million colors.
Measuring 13.5 x 9.4 x 1.20 inches, the new Samsung R40 series R580-11 laptop comes with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Operating System and also features 0.3MP webcam, 802.11bg/n Wi-Fi wireless LAN with Intel Wireless Display, Bluetooth +EDR, and 10/100 Ethernet connection.
The R580-11 laptop is equipped with integrated 3 W Stereo Speaker (1.5 W x 2) and also include 3 USB 2.0 ports, audio and microphone ports, VGA monitor out ports and HDMI digital out port.
Samsung R580-11 mobile PC come standard with Samsung’s suite of Performance Applications, engineered to keep users up-to-date and running at optimal speeds. Samsung’s Support Center allows users to quickly update system utilities, create back-ups of important data and troubleshoot common problems, while Samsung Update Plus automatically updates BIOS, drivers and applications for optimal performance.
Samsung R580-11 Laptop Features
- Intel Core i3-350M Processor
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Operating System
- 4GB DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAN
- 500GB (max) 5400 RPM
- 15.6-inch 16:9 HD LED-backlit display
- 1366 x 768 pixels resolution
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics with shared video memory
- Super multi-layer DVD optical drive
- 3 W Stereo Speaker (1.5 W x 2)Audio technology: HD Audio
- Web camera: 0.3MP
- Wireless LAN: 802.11bg/n with Intel Wireless Display
- HDMI Port
- Wired Ethernet LAN: 10/100
- 3 USB 2.0 Ports
- Battery Life: up to 4 hours
- Weight: 2.47 Kgs
The new Samsung R580-11 laptop will be available through Samsung resellers beginning in July for an MSRP of $849 with warranty.
Samsung has not yet said what the R40 series R580-11 laptop would cost or when would it be available in India market.
- Samsung Unveils R40 Series: R440-11 Laptop With Intel i3 CPU & Intel HD Graphics
- Samsung Unveils R40 Series: R540-11 Laptop With Intel Core i5 CPU & ATI Mobility Radeon Graphics
- Samsung Q430-11 Laptop Launched With Intel Core i3 CPU & NVIDIA GeForce Discrete Graphics
- Samsung Upgrades R530-11 Laptop With Intel Core i3 CPU & NVIDIA GeForce Discrete Graphics
- Samsung Q530 Laptop Launched With Intel Core i3 CPU & NVIDIA GeForce Discrete Graphics
- Samsung Q330 Laptop Launched With Intel Core i3 CPU & Dual Intel-GMA/NVIDIA Graphics Solution
- Samsung NF310 10-inch NetBook Launched; Features Intel Atom N550 Dual-Core Processor
- Samsung SF510 Notebook With Intel i3/i5 Processor & NVIDIA Graphics Launched in India
- Samsung NF210 Netbook With Dual-Core Intel ATOM Processor Launched in India