Samsung has today introduced another ultra-thin and light Samsung N150-11 Netbook which is powered by Intel Atom Mobile N450 processor, featuring 10.1-inch LED display, spill-proof keyboard and integrated 2.1 channel speaker system with 1.5W subwoofers for good quality audio and it comes with 6-cell battery offering incredible 9 hours of battery power.
This ultra portable and thin Samsung N150-11 netBook is targeted at consumer who needs to stay connected, informed, entertained and productive-anytime and anywhere and is designed lightweight and small in size making it convenient for use at all sorts of places like in home, gym, trains, bus, planes etc. where a larger size laptop might feel inconvenient.
A capable computing option for travelers personal and professional, the new Samsung N150-11 netbook is powered by an energy-efficient 9-hour battery and pre-installed with Windows 7 Starter, offering a full day’s worth of computing on a single charge.
Designed with functionality in mind the Samsung N150-11 ultra-portable Netbook is designed as low-cost, Internet-centric mobile computing devices also called NetBooks and is powered by 1.66 GHz Intel Atom ULV (ultra low voltage) Processor N450, specifically designed for small devices and low power consumption, while maintaining the Intel Core 2 Duo instruction set compatibility. The keyboard of this ultra-portable netbook PC is 93% the size of a regular desktop keyboard offering ease and comfort in trying.
The Intel Atom processor N450 uses a new design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and the processor uses just 2.5 watts of power which is less than 1/10th of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
The upgraded Samsung N150-11 netbook is also equipped with Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology which reduces average system power consumption. The enhanced low-power sleep states (C1E, C2E, C4E) are optimized for power by forcibly reducing the performance state of the processor when it enters a package low-power state.
The Samsung N150-11 netbook is about half a inch wider with a little larger chassis than the Samsung N110 netbook, which allows for a larger keyboard than other netbook PCs in market today (about 93% of standard desktop keyboard) and it is equipped with two front facing internal speakers one each on left and right side of screen and integrated 1.5 subwoofer speakers below the keyboard, togather yielding some really high quality audio output than most of the other netbooks.
The Intel Atom processor N450 in Samsung N150-11 netBook also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer (FSB) on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data) build with Mobile Intel 945GSE + ICH7H Express Chipset Mainboard.
Samsung N150-11 netBook features 1-GB DDR2 667 MHz SDRAM (maximum 2-GB via a single SO-DIMM module) and a 250-GB internal 2.5-inch 5400 rpm SATA hard drive (replacing 160GB HDD in original version) with added security feature of free-fall-sensor that parks the HDD spindle when the computer is in free-fall. There is provision to connect CD/DVD optical drive of choice but no optical drive is packaged.
Samsung N150-11 Netbook comes with Microsoft’s Windows 7 Starter preinstalled, and this netBook is equipped with 10.1-inch Widescreen SuperBright WSVGA LED display having 200nit brightness, 16:9 aspect ratio, powered by integrated Intel GMA 3150 Graphics chipset with shared memory capable of maximum resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels.
Equipped with 84 keys Anti-Bactteria Keyboard, the Samsung N150-11 netbook also sports integrated 0.3 Megapixel (640 x 480 pixels ) webcam which is placed in the bezel above the LCD. In addition, the netBook also sports build-in stereo speakers and built-in Digital Array Microphones.
Available in several colors, the new Samsung N150-11 ultra-mobie netBook also features integrated WiFi 802.11b/g/N Wireless LAN mini PCI-E connection and Bluetooth v2.0 with EDR wireless connection which allows faster downloads from the internet, quick data transfer and non- drop net connectivity.
In addition, Samsung N150-11 netBook also offers integrated 10/100 Mbit Ethernet LAN connection, and sports 3 USB v2.0 ports for wired connectivity. On the left and right sides of the computer there is Ethernet LAN RJ45 connector and power jacks and all 3 USB ports, plus VGA port, and mic and headphone jacks.
The ultra-light weight Samsung N150-11 comes with many windows software already installed which includes: Samsung Recovery Solution, Samsung Magic Doctor, Samsung Update plus Easy Display Manager, Easy Battery Manager, Easy Network Manager, Easy Speedup Manager, McAfee Virus Scan, Adobe Acrobat Reader etc.
Other features of Samsung N150-11 ultra mobile netBook PC includes a 3-in-1 Media Card Reader supporting SD, SDHC and Multimedia Card (MMC), 3 USB v2.0 ports, Realtek ALC6628 Hi-Definition Audio 5.1 CODEC Hardware with build-in 2 stereo speaker system of 1.5 Watts each and also sports built-in Microphone.
Weighing 1.24 Kgs, the Samsung N150-11 ultraportable netbook comes with 6-cell, Li-Ion, 5200 mAh, 7.4 volts Battery, which provides upto 10 hrs battery life and the Netbook is designed to be a eco-efficient consumer and business notebooks, and are fully compliant with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
3 USB v2.0 ports
- RJ-45 LAN Port 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet Controller
- External MIC Input
- External Audio Out
- VGA Port 15 Pin D-Sub
- 4-in-1 Media Card Slot, SD, SDHC, MMC
Samsung N150-11 Ultra-Portable Netbook Features
- Intel Atom Processor N450, 1.66 GHz
- 512 KB L2 Cache, 533 MHz AGTL+ FSB
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology
- Mobile Intel 945GSE + ICH7M Express Chipset Mainboard
- 1-GB DDR2 SDRAM, 667 Mhz, Max. upto 2 GB maximum in a single SODIMM Slot
- 250-GB, SATA 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- 10.1-inch 16:9 aspect ratio Widescreen SuperBright WSVGA LED display, 220nit brightness, 1024 x 600 pixels screen resolution
- Integrated Intel GMA 3150 Graphics Chipset with shared memory
- Integrated WiFi 802.11b/g/N Wireless LAN mini PCI-E connection
- Integrated 10/100 Mbit Ethernet LAN connection
- Bluetooth v2.0 + EDR
- Integrated 0.3 Megapixel (640 x 480 pixels) webcam (placed in the bezel above the LCD)
- 4-in-1 Media Card Reader, SD, SDHC, and Multimedia Card (MMC)
- 3 USB v2.0 ports
- 83 Keys spill-proof keyboard (93% fullsize of standard laptop)
- Realtek ALC6628 Hi-Definition Audio 5.1 CODEC Hardware
- Built-in 2.1 Channel Surround speakers plus 1.5W Subwoofer speakers
- Built-in Digital Array Microphone
- Microsoft Windows 7 Starter Edition
- 6-cell, Li-Ion, 5200 mAh, 7.4 volts Battery, upto 9 hrs battery life
- Dimensions (W x D x H) : 10.5 x 7.4 x .97 inches
- Weight: 1.24 Kgs (with battery pack)
The Samsung N150-11 Ultra-portable Netbook PC is available at starting price of $349 from July 2010 a Bestbuy.com.
Though Samsung has not announce the price and availability of N150-11 in India but it would most likely be available for an estimated price of Rs. 25,499 (including local tax) and comes with one year standard warranty. Visit www.samsung.com for more details.
- Samsung Introduces Updated N220-11 Laptop Powered by Intel ATOM N450 CPU
- Samsung Introduces Updated N150-11BL Laptop Powered by Intel ATOM N450 CPU
- Samsung Introduces Updated N230-11 Laptop Powered by Intel ATOM N450 CPU
- Samsung Introduces Updated NB30-11B Laptop Powered by Intel ATOM N450 CPU
- Samsung N120 Ultra-Portable Netbook PC Launched
- Samsung N110 Ultra-Portable Netbook Launched
- Samsung NF310 10-inch NetBook Launched; Features Intel Atom N550 Dual-Core Processor
- Samsung N140 Netbook With Windows 7 Launched in India
- Samsung NF210 Netbook With Dual-Core Intel ATOM Processor Launched in India