Samsung, last week, announced the availability of its brand new 3.5-inch Spinpoint F4 320GB Hard Disk Drive, that is the newest offering of its Spinpoint F series hard drives designed for high-performance desktop computing powered by Samsung’s proprietary SilentSeek and NoiseGuard technologies to provide ultra quiet operation.
The superior performance and high-reliability Samsung Spinpoint F4 320GB HDD is engineered for high-end computing in PCs, Macs, high-end workstations and server applications.
“Higher performance combined with increasing capacities continues to accelerate demand for 3.5″ drives in desktops storage,” said In-Chul Park, vice president of sales, storage systems division, Samsung Electronics. “The one-head platform of the new 7200rpm Spinpoint F4, packing up to 320GB of storage capacity per one head in half platter, delivers added reliability that our customers have come to expect from Samsung.”
With a one-head platform design and fewer mechanical parts, the reliability and acoustic features of the Samsung Spinpoint F4 hard disk drive have been improved.
The 3.5-inch Spinpoint F4 drive delivers 10 % increased read/write performance and 7 % lower power consumption than the older Samsung Spinpoint F1 series hard drives.
Having eliminated halogen compound and brominated flame retardant from the PCBA, the new Samsung Spinpoint F4 320GB hard disk drive is manufactured with eco-friendly materials and meets all the environmental regulations including RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances).
The Samsung Spinpoint F4 HDD offers full speed 7200rpm speed rotation, and features advanced areal density technology and a SATA 3.0 Gbps interface.
Equipped with Samsung’s exclusive dynamic balancing technology, the drive’s overall stability and reliability is optimized as a high performing solution.
Samsung’s proprietary SilentSeek and NoiseGuard technologies are incorporated in the drive to offer ultra quiet operation.
The Samsung Spinpoint F4 320GB Hard Drive comes equipped with upto 16MB data buffer memory for improved performance.
Samsung has not yet said what the Spinpoint F4 HDD would cost in India or when would it be available in India market.
- Samsung Launches SpinPoint MT2, 1-TB 2.5-inch Internal Mobile Hard Disk Drive
- Samsung Spinpoint N3U 250-GB USB Based Portable Hard Drive Launched
- Samsung Launches EcoGreen F4EG 2-Terabyte Internal 3.5-inch Hard Disk Drive
- Samsung Introduces 512-GB Solid State Drive (SSD) Launched Utilizing New Toggle-Mode DDR NAND Memory
- Seagate Launches Savvio 10K.2 and Barracuda ES hard drives
- Hitachi Launches 160HB Travelstar 5K160 2.5-inch Mobile Hard Drives
- Western Digital 1-TB Caviar Black SATA Hard Drive
- Samsung YH-J70 Portable Media Player
- Strontium Launches World’s Fastest Matrix Series SSDs and Mainstream Gamma Series SSDs in India