Toshiba today announced its feature-packed entertainment notebook computer, the Toshiba Satellite A665 laptop, its first 3D ready laptop that seamlessly blend style with multimedia performance, incorporating an all-new stylish finish, the latest performance-class components and cutting-edge technologies.
The new Toshiba Satellite A665 laptop features an entirely redesigned slimmer form factor with Metallic Premier Black finish and silver chrome accents on the LCD cover and inside. A textured pattern contrasts nicely with the metallic look, making fingerprints less visible blending a durable textured surface over the cover and palm rests..
Furthermore the Toshiba Satellite A665 is the industry’s first Blu-ray 3D ready laptop, allowing customers to play back Blu-ray 3D content, including movies and games, on the internal display
The Toshiba Satellite A665 laptop also includes a premium features ie an LED backlit keyboard that provides convenience in low-light conditions, while raised-tile style keys deliver a comfortable typing experience. A wide TouchPad also offers multi-touch control for easier navigation, allowing users to pinch, swipe or zoom through files, applications and webpages.
According to Toshiba, the 3D technology has captured a tremendous amount of mindshare in the display industry. Flat panel makers and graphics chip makers are developing next-generation technology to provide consumers with a rewarding 3D experience
The Toshiba Satellite A665 3D Edition laptop features a 15.6-inch diagonal TruBrite widescreen LCD display with LED backlighting and a 120Hz refresh rate powered by NVIDIA 3D Vision software and hardware technologies that drive the stereoscopic 3D experience, delivering out-of-the-box compatibility with hundreds of PC games, as well as videos and photos.
Equipped with a rewriteable Blu-ray Disc drive, the Toshiba Satellite A665 is also ready to support content playback in the Blu-ray 3D format as it becomes available in the marketplace.
Encased in the all-new Fusion X2 finish in Charcoal, the Toshiba Satellite A665 laptop delivers enthusiast-class performance and features with the processing power of the Intel Core i7 quad-core processor with TurboBoost technology.
The Toshiba Satellite A665 laptop is powered by NVIDIA GeForce GTS 350M graphics processing unit (GPU) with 1GB of GDDR3 video memory. The NVIDIA 3D Vision kit, which comes standard with the Satellite A665, includes software, a pair of wireless active shutter glasses and an emitter, enables users to get in the action quickly with easy set-up and intuitive conversion of supported content for stereoscopic 3D viewing.
Bundled with NVIDIA 3D Vision, the Satellite A665 comes with a pair of 3D Vision active-shutter glasses coupled with a wide-range infra-red emitter to deliver stereoscopic images with clarity, brightness and outstanding depth-of-field. The Satellite A665 works with NVIDIA 3D Vision, NVIDIA’s 3D toolkit with active shutter glasses, USB infrared transceiver and dedicated 3D drivers.
Toshiba claims that with the active shutter 3D technology, this laptop is able to provide consumers with dynamic, high-quality stereoscopic images right from the laptop scree and the design of this system supports functionality that will become available in new drivers and software enhancements, so early adopters of 3D technology will be able to take advantage of new capabilities such as the ability to play Blu-ray 3D content and more.
The Toshiba Satellite A665 3D ready laptop is also packed with premium multimedia features. Built-in harman/kardon speakers deliver impressive sound while Dolby Advanced Audio further optimizes audio quality so games, movies and music sound more vivid and true to life.
In addition, select models featuring the NVIDIA GeForce 310M and GeForce GT330M graphics processors also include NVIDIA Optimus technology, which intelligently optimizes the laptop to provide outstanding graphics performance when needed and extended battery life for longer enjoyment.
NVIDIA Optimus technology solves a key issue for consumers looking for high-performance laptops – the tradeoff between great graphics performance and battery life allowing. Now they can have both in a single system that automatically directs the workload to the most efficient processor. This is switchable graphics done right.
Intel Wireless Display, Gigabit Ethernet, WiMAX, Slot-loading DVD drives and Blu-ray Disc drives will also be available on select configurations.
New Exclusive Applications
Sleep-and-Music: Users can now take advantage of the laptop’s premium speakers even when the laptop is powered down. Simply connect an MP3 player into the Mic jack, hit play and enjoy.
Resolution: Built into the Toshiba DVD Player software, Resolution+ technology upconverts standard-definition movies and instantly improves sharpness and color for a picture that looks and feels more like HD.
In addition, the Toshiba Eco utility helps to reduce power consumption and is ENERGY STAR 5.0 qualified.
Toshiba Satellite A665 3D Edition Laptop Featues
- Intel Core i7-740QM quad core processor5 with TurboBoost technology
- 4GB DDR3 1066 MHz RAM
- 2.5-inch 5400 rpm 640GB hard drive
- Toshiba Hard Drive Impact Sensor
- TouchPad with Multi-touch Control
- 15.6-inch diagonal HD TruBrite LED Backlit widescreen display with 120Hz scan rate
- NVIDIA GeForce GTS 350M with 1GB DDR3 discrete graphics memory
- NVIDIA 3D Vision kit with active shutter 3D glasses and emitter
- Blu-ray Disc Rewriteable (RE) and DVD SuperMulti drive with LabelFlash3
- Premium audio with harman/kardon stereo speakers and Dolby Advanced Audio
- Windows 7 Home Premium operating system
- 802.11b/g/n wireless9 and 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR10
- 5-in-1 Memory Card Reader and ExpressCard slots
- 1x eSATA/USB combo port with Toshiba USB Sleep-and-Charge
- 3x USB 2.0 ports
- HDMI digital out port
- Built-in Webcam with Toshiba Face Recognition
- Software – Toshiba Resolution+, Toshiba Media Controller, Toshiba Bulletin Board, Toshiba Realtime, Toshiba PC Health Monitor
- Microphone input port with Toshiba Sleep-and-Music
- 12-cell battery
Pricing and Availability
The Toshiba Satellite A665 3D Edition laptop will be available in June 28, 2010 at select retailers, and directly from Toshiba (www.toshibadirect.com) with a starting price of $1,599.99 MSRP with 1-year carry-in Regional Limited Warranty (parts & labor), 1-year battery (carry-in).
- Toshiba Satellite A660 3D Laptop Powered by NVIDIA 3D Vision Tech Launched in India
- Toshiba Satellite A665 3D Edition Laptop Launched; Featuring NVIDIA 3D Vision Kit with 3D Glasses
- Toshiba DynaBook TX/98MBL 3D Notebook Launched, Supports Blu-ray 3D Format
- Toshiba Launches Satellite A660-042 – Industry’s First Blu-ray 3D Format Notebook
- Toshiba Satellite M645 Laptop Launched with Intel Core i3/i5 CPU & NVIDIA GeForce Optimus Graphics
- Toshiba Unveils Qosmio X875 and Qosmio X875 3D Gaming Laptops
- NVIDIA Introduces NVIDIA GeForce 400M Series Graphics Processing Units (GPUs)
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 460 2GB Graphics Card Launched
- Toshiba Offers Satellite L500-D4811 Notebook With Intel Core i5 Processor & NVIDIA Discrete Graphics