Toshiba, in celebration to its 25 years of laptop innovation, today announced the launch of its most advanced ultra-mobile Toshiba Satellite R630 laptop which is ultra-mobile, powerful and stylish, Europe’s thinnest, lightest full-function laptop packed with innovative features.
The outstanding Toshiba Satellite R630 combines innovative technologies with an ultra-slim and highly robust chassis, and includes 33.8cm (13.3-inch) display and is the thinnest and lightest full-function laptop in Europe, providing uncompromised mobile computing for business users.
Designed for those who demand power, portability and durability from one machine, the Toshiba Satellite R630 laptop is the product of unique Toshiba engineering expertise.
The laptop is able to accommodate the latest full performance processing technology as a result of a unique new Airflow Cooling Technology, while a magnesium chassis incorporates a new honeycomb structure around the palm-rests, providing robust protection of the internal components.
With an exceptional battery life of up to nine hours, the Toshiba Satellite R630 provide a full day’s power from a single charge.
Measuring just 16.8mm at its thinnest point and weighing just 1.3kg in its lightest configuration, the Toshiba Satellite R630 laptop’s unparalleled blend of high-performance features, mobility and durability makes it perfect for business users.
Airflow Cooling Technology, co-developed by Intel and Toshiba, allows Toshiba to integrate the latest Intel Core family processors in the Satellite R630 laptop’s slim casing while keeping the noise of the fan to a minimum.
Not only does the system reduce laptop temperature by efficiently channelling heat, it also creates additional space internally. A new magnesium alloy chassis also contributes to the Toshiba Satellite R630 mobile performance, ably resisting the rigours of mobile use.
A new, innovative internal honeycomb structure around the palm-rests ensures the laptop is highly durable against flexing – protecting components against potential damage and considerably prolonging the life of the product.
A combination of Intel processing technology and up to 4GB of integrated memory provides enough power to run the most demanding multimedia programmes, and up to nine hours of battery life allows users to work all day without the need to recharge.
The Toshiba Satellite R630 model also features an elegant black magnesium-alloy cover with a matt finish, and the option of an integrated DVD SuperMulti drive for greater multimedia freedom.
The Toshiba Satellite R630 features 33.8cm (13.3-inch ) display features Toshiba TruBrite technology and LED backlighting, which combine to ensure that the finest detail is clear and vividly displayed.
The option of either an integrated solid state drive (SSD) or hard disk drive (HDD) also features an integrated 3D impact sensor, which provides advanced protection of the internal storage.
Sensitive to sharp and sudden movements, the impact sensor protects the HDD platters against the knocks, bumps and drops common with mobile use, ensuring sensitive data remains safe at all times.
Integrated docking allows business users to un-dock and re-connect to a number of peripherals via optional docking hardware, and a biometric fingerprint reader provides a personal way to access profiles without having to remember a password.
A series of connectivity interfaces also includes 2x USB 2.0, 1x eSATA/USB combi port, VGA and 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN. A HDMI digital out port also allows users to connect to a range of different HD ready screens and projectors with no loss of detail.
Toshiba Satellite R630 laptop Features
- Intel Core i7 / Core i5 / Core i3 processors
- Up to 4 GB DDR3 (1066 MHz)
- 2.5-inch HDD up to 320 GB with HDD 3D impact sensor or 128 GB SSD
- 33.8cm (13.3-inch) TruBrite HD or non-reflective display with LED backlighting, 1,366 x 768 pixels(16:9), 200 cd/m2
- DVD Super Slim Super Multi DVD Super Slim Super Multi
- Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR
- WLAN (802.11 a/g/n), Mobile Broadband
- Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- 3x USB2.0,
- 1x eSATA / USB combo port with Sleep-and-Charge
- Multi-Card Reader,
- VGA out port
- HDMI digital out port
- A4 tile keyboard and large multi-touch touch pad
- VGA Webcam
- Software: Toshiba Resolution+, Media Controller, LifeSpace, PC Health Monitor, ConfigFree & Eco-Utility
- Size: 316mm x 227mm x 16.8mm / 25.7mm
- Weight: starting at 1.3kg
- 3G connectivity
- Docking connector with USB 3.0 and HDMI support
- EasyGuard security technology
- Fingerprint reader
The new Toshiba Satellite R630 laptop will be available from August 2010.
- Toshiba Satellite L200-N401D Laptop
- Toshiba Satellite M200-E410D Notebook PC
- Toshiba Satellite L40-A511D Laptop
- Toshiba Satellite A100-1301D Notebook PC
- Toshiba Satellite M200-A413 Laptop PC
- Toshiba Satellite A100-1101D Dual Core Notebook PC
- Toshiba Satellite M200-E413D Notebook PC
- Toshiba Announces Portege R700 Ultra-slim Laptop With 13.3-inch Display
- Toshiba Satellite M100-P343 Notebook PC