Toshiba, in celebration to its 25 years of laptop innovation, today announced the launch of its most advanced ultra-mobile Toshiba Portege R700 laptop which is ultra-mobile, powerful and stylish, Europe’s thinnest, lightest full-function laptop packed with innovative features.
Toshiba Portege R700 Laptop
The outstanding Toshiba Portégé R700 combines innovative technologies with an ultra-slim and highly robust chassis, and includes 33.8cm (13.3-inch) display and is the thinnest and lightest full-function laptop in Europe, providing uncompromised mobile computing for business users.
Designed for those who demand power, portability and durability from one machine, the Toshiba Portégé R700 laptop is the product of unique Toshiba engineering expertise.
The laptop is able to accommodate the latest full performance processing technology as a result of a unique new Airflow Cooling Technology, while a magnesium chassis incorporates a new honeycomb structure around the palm-rests, providing robust protection of the internal components.
With an exceptional battery life of up to nine hours, the Toshiba Portégé R700 can provide a full day’s power from a single charge.
Measuring just 16.8mm at its thinnest point and weighing just 1.3kg in its lightest configuration, the Toshiba Portégé R700 laptop’s unparalleled blend of high-performance features, mobility and durability makes it perfect for business users.
Airflow Cooling Technology, co-developed by Intel and Toshiba, allows Toshiba to integrate the latest Intel Core family processors in the Portégé R700′s slim casing while keeping the noise of the fan to a minimum.
Not only does the system reduce laptop temperature by efficiently channelling heat, it also creates additional space internally. A new magnesium alloy chassis also contributes to the Toshiba Portégé R700’s mobile performance, ably resisting the rigours of mobile use.
A new, innovative internal honeycomb structure around the palm-rests ensures the laptop is highly durable against flexing – protecting components against potential damage and considerably prolonging the life of the product.
A combination of Intel processing technology and up to 4GB of integrated memory provides enough power to run the most demanding multimedia programmes, and up to nine hours of battery life allows users to work all day without the need to recharge.
The Toshiba Portege R700 model also features an elegant black magnesium-alloy cover with a matt finish, and the option of an integrated DVD SuperMulti drive for greater multimedia freedom.
The Toshiba Portégé R700 features 33.8cm (13.3-inch ) display features Toshiba TruBrite technology and LED backlighting,powered by integrated Intel HD graphics with up to 729MB shared video RAM, that combine to ensure that the finest detail is clear and vividly displayed.
The option of either an integrated solid state drive (SSD) or hard disk drive (HDD) also features an integrated 3D impact sensor, which provides advanced protection of the internal storage.
Sensitive to sharp and sudden movements, the impact sensor protects the HDD platters against the knocks, bumps and drops common with mobile use, ensuring sensitive data remains safe at all times.
Integrated docking allows business users to un-dock and re-connect to a number of peripherals via optional docking hardware, and a biometric fingerprint reader provides a personal way to access profiles without having to remember a password.
A series of connectivity interfaces also includes 2x USB 2.0, 1x eSATA/USB combi port, VGA and 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN. A HDMI digital out port also allows users to connect to a range of different HD ready screens and projectors with no loss of detail.
Toshiba Portégé R700laptop Features
- Intel Core i7 / Core i5 / Core i3 processors
- Up to 4 GB DDR3 (1066 MHz)
- 2.5-inch HDD up to 320 GB with HDD 3D impact sensor or 128 GB SSD
- 33.8cm (13.3-inch) TruBrite HD or non-reflective display with LED backlighting, 1,366 x 768 pixels(16:9), 200 cd/m2
- Integrated Intel HD graphics with up to 729MB shared video RAM
- DVD Super Slim Super Multi DVD Super Slim Super Multi
- Bluetooth 2.1
- WLAN (802.11 a/g/n), Mobile Broadband
- Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- 3x USB2.0,
- 1x eSATA / USB combo port with Sleep-and-Charge
- Multi-Card Reader,
- VGA out port
- HDMI digital out port
- A4 tile keyboard and large multi-touch touch pad
- VGA Webcam
- Software: Toshiba Resolution+, Media Controller, LifeSpace, PC Health Monitor, ConfigFree & Eco-Utility
- Size: 316mm x 227mm x 16.8mm / 25.7mm
- Weight: starting at 1.3kg
- 3G connectivity
- 6-cell battery, upto 8-hours backup
- 9-cell battery, upto 12.5 hours backup
The new Toshiba Portégé R700 laptop will be available in India in various configurations starting July 2010 at starting price of Rs. 65,500/- with three year warranty.
- Toshiba Announces Satellite R630 Ultra-slim Laptops With 13.3-inch Display
- Toshiba Qosmio F60 Laptop Launched With Intel Core i5 Processor
- Toshiba Portégé T230 Ultraportable Laptop Launched; Features 13.3-inch LED Display
- Toshiba Satellite L630 Rugged Laptop Launched in India; Feaures Wipable Keyboard and 3D HDD Impact Sensor
- Toshiba Satellite L200-N401D Laptop
- Toshiba Satellite L40-A511D Laptop
- Toshiba Satellite M200-A413 Laptop PC
- Toshiba Portégé T210 Ultraportable NetBook Launched; Features 13.3-inch LED Display
- Toshiba Qosmio X500 Business Laptop Now Offers Core i7 Processor