Toshiba, in celebration to its 25 years of laptop innovation, today announced the launch of world’s first dual touchscreen laptop, Toshiba Libretto W100 Internet Device which combines Smartphone functionality with a standard netbook PC usability and is powered by Microsoft Windows 7 operating system.
The new Toshiba Libretto W100 series laptop is a very compact, sleek, dual touchscreen laptop offering a unique way for users to create and consume content.
Designed to provide a rich mobile computing experience, the new device combines a laptop-style clamshell form factor with dual touchscreen technology, creating an intuitive, easy to use and stylish device that enables users to utilise their content in a number of different ways.
Claimed to be the world’s first dual-screen laptop to be powered by Microsoft Windows 7 OS, the Toshiba Libretto W100 features, 1.2 GHz Intel Pentium U5400 processor, Mobile Intel QS57 Express Chipset mainboard, two 17.8cm (7”) touch-sensitive WSVGA Wide Clear SuperView Multi-touch LED backlit display offering 1024×600 pixels native resolution powered by Intel HD graphics with up to 729MB shared video RAM.
It also includes WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, 2-GB DDR3 RAM and 1.0 MP integrated HD webcam providing a unique interface on which to enjoy web and computing applications.
Simple to navigate and easy to use, Windows 7 utilises the W100’s dual-screen technology to the fullest extent, allowing users to navigate menus, run applications side-by-side and interact between applications by easily dragging content from one-screen to another.
Thanks to the Toshiba Libretto W100’s unique form factor, users can easily separate the two screens and use them for different purposes. One screen can be used for content creation, like word documents or emails, while the other could be used to browse the web, social networks or multimedia programmes.
Additionally, the device can also be used vertically thanks to an integrated accelerometer.
Powered by Intel Pentium technology, the Toshiba Libretto W100 features 2GB of memory, allowing users to run multiple programmes simultaneously.
For example, when used as a laptop, users can transform the function of the lower screen to seamlessly switch between a selection of virtual keyboard options or other background applications.
The integrated 62GB SSD provides plenty of storage space for applications, documents and multimedia content. Users are also able to expand storage or quickly transfer files between devices thanks to the integrated MicroSD card reader and additional USB 2.0 port.
The latest Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/N wireless LAN connectivity allows users to get online from any wireless hotspot, and an optional integrated 3G module allows users to enjoy Mobile Broadband over cellular networks, allowing users to remain connected to the web wherever they are.
Additionally, Bluetooth connectivity allows users to pair the Libretto W100 with a range of optional peripherals.
To make navigation as easy as possible, the libretto W100 includes several premium Toshiba apps that enhance the computing experience:
- Toshiba Bulletin Board gives users greater personalization of their desktops with fast access to daily activities, tasks and projects, plus the ability to drag and drop photos, videos, links, documents and application shortcuts into one place.
- Toshiba ReelTime™ helps users easily find files based on when they were opened with a simple visual history. With the flick of a finger, quickly scroll through automatically generated previews of documents, photos, videos and more, filter by file type or use the calendar to go back weeks or months.
- File Browser makes it easier to access file folders and applications. Quick access to the apps and keyboards are easily accessible via on-screen icons.
The Toshiba Libretto W100 also offers a unique way to manage files, access stored content or create personal reminders, using Toshiba’s LifeSpace applications. Using the Libretto W100’s dual touchscreen interface, users have a quick, simple and intuitive way of navigating documents with ReelTime – a picture based timeline of recently opened items.
Additionally, Bulletin Board allows users to drag favourite files to a virtual pin-board, or quickly bring up links or post-it notes for fast reference – content is ready and just a touch away.
Toshiba Libretto W100 Laptop Features
- Intel Pentium U5400 processor
- Upto 62-GB SSD storage
- 2-GB DDR3 RAM
- 62-GB SSD Storage
- Dual 7-inch capacitive touchscreen, WSVGA Wide Clear SuperView Multi-touch LED backlit display, 1024×600 pixels
- Intel HD graphics with up to 729MB shared video RAM
- Wi-Fi WLAN 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Mobile Broadband (optional)
- 1x USB 2.0
- MicroSD Card Reader
- Virtual software keyboard
- Built-in accelerometer
- 1.0 MP HD webcam
- Toshiba LifeSpace for dual screen user interface
- Toshiba Media Controller
- Size: 202mm x 123mm x 30.7mm
- Weight: 819 grams
- Battery: 8-cell with up to 3.5 hours
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Software: Toshiba Eco Utility Energy Star 5.0 qualified
The Toshiba Libretto W100 dual touchscreen laptop will be available in July 2010 at an estimated price of Rs. 77,500/- with 3 year warranty.