Toshiba, in celebration to its 25 years of laptop innovation, today announced the launch of its first Android powered Toshiba AC100 Mobile Internet Device which combines Smartphone functionality with a standard netbook PC usability.
The new Toshiba AC100, is a mobile internet device that combines the Android platform with NVIDIA Tegra processing technology.
The AC100 is the ideal take-anywhere device for active users, allowing instant emailing, web browsing and document editing on the go.
The Toshiba AC100 is the ultimate device for simple, instant and efficient web use. Designed to be used whenever, wherever you are, the AC100 is instantly ready for action, offering up to seven days standby under mixed use, with a rapid start-up time of less than a second.
In constant use the AC100 can provide up to eight hours of battery life, which combines with the intuitive full-size keyboard and compact clamshell form factor to offer a truly stunning mobile device.
The AC100 offers a stunning black and orange design that’s easy to take anywhere, thanks to an ultra-light weight of just 870 grams. Measuring just 14mm at its thinnest point, the device is extraordinarily slim – making it easy to fit into any bag and carry around all day, every day.
A 25.7cm (10.1-inch) Toshiba TruBrite screen with LED backlighting offers outstanding reproduction of all on-screen content, and the full-size keyboard guarantees easy and comfortable typing – making it perfect for keeping in touch with friends via email or social networks.
The Toshiba AC100 runs on the Google Android platform, enabling users to customise their device to suit their computing habits. Depending on location or what the AC100 is running, Android can automatically switch to a prefigured home screen to best suit the user.
For example, users can set shortcuts for work-related applications, widgets and ‘live-files’ to appear when working in the office, or personal applications and widgets to appear when the AC100 detects they are at home. Users can also manually switch between home screens as they wish – allowing them to access all of their content, wherever they are.
The intuitive user interface also offers the possibility for users to further personalise the device by downloading a range of applications and widgets on-demand. A number of applications are also pre-installed for immediate use out-of-the-box, including Documents to Go for viewing and editing Microsoft Office files, a POP3 email client, IMAP and Exchange support, a messaging client, Opera Mobile for browsing the web, and the Toshiba Media Player for playing and viewing video, music and pictures.
The latest NVIDIA Tegra processing technology provides the Toshiba AC100 netbook fast internet browsing speeds, with super-quick load times and instant rendering of complex pages. Advanced mobile graphics technology provides enhanced playback of multimedia content including video and mobile games, offering the perfect platform for enjoying entertainment on the move.
The latest wireless connectivity also enables the users to stay connected at all times. 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi provides fast and rapid internet access from any wireless hotspot, and the option of an integrated 3G module allows users to get on-demand Mobile Broadband connectivity from cellular networks for instant web connectivity, wherever they are.
The Toshiba AC100 is designed for the growing number of users that are storing content such as photographs, videos and documents on cloud based applications or virtual storage.
8GB of NAND Flash memory also provides users with fast, efficient and robust storage for their personal content. An integrated SD card slot also provides the ability to expand storage on-demand, or display images, documents and personal content.
For users that want to output content, an integrated HDMI port provides simple connectivity to any HD ready screen or projector.
Toshiba AC100 Internet Device / NetBook Features
- Android 2.1 OS for mobile devices (not the forthcoming desktop version)
- NVIDIA Tegra 250 Mobile ARM Processor, 1GH
- 512 MB DDR2 333 MHz, 8GB flash storage (NAND)
- 25.7cm (10.1-inch’) TruBrite display with LED backlight, 1,024 x 600 pixels resolution
- Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR
- WLAN 802.11 b/g/n
- Mobile Broadband
- 1 x USB 2.0
- 1x Mini USB
- Card Reader (SD, MMC)
- Audio out/Mic in combo socket
- HDMI digital out port
- 1.3 MP webcam with integrated microphone
- Location based switchable desktop
- Toshiba Home Menu, a customisable desktop with widgets and shortcuts
- Size: 262mm x 190mm x 14 / 21mm
- Weight: starting at 870 grams
The Toshiba AC100 will be available from August 2010.
- Toshiba Announces Libretto W100 Dual Touchscreen Laptop Powered by Windows 7
- Toshiba Launches External Desktop Hard Drive; Offers 1TB/2TB Storage
- Motorola XOOM Android Powered Tablet Launched; Features 10-inch Widescreen HD Display
- Amkette Launches Android Powered EvoTV Smart Box for Rs. 9,995
- Toshiba LaunchesLibretto W105-L251 Dual Touchscreen Laptop Powered by Windows 7 Launched
- Acer Announces Liquid ‘e’ Smartphone Powered by Latest Android 2.1 OS
- Motorola DROID X Android Powered Smartphone Announced, Offers 8MP Camera and HDMI Port
- Toshiba Launches MK2035GSS 2.5-Inch 200-GB HDD
- Toshiba Unveils Excite 7.7, Excite 10 and Excite 13 Android Powered Tablet Devices