Nokia has today announced the launch of its new entry-level priced Nokia 2690 mobile phone, targeted at the rural market that featuring 1.8-inch 256K color capable display and offers microSD card support and 4.5 hours of talk time.
Originally launched in March, 2010 in other markets, the quad-band GSM 850 / 900/ 1800 /1900 MHz network ready Nokia 2690 mobile phone features a candy bar style design with 5-way navigation key and the phone has 1.8-inch, 256K Colors, 128 x 160 pixels – CSTN TFT Display. In addition, the phone comes with added support for upto 8-GB microSD expandable memory card allowing upto 2000 entries phonebok with 500 SMS memory.
Measuring 107.5 x 45.5 x 13.8 mm, the new Nokia 2690 entry-level phone run Symbian S40 software and also offers 0.3 megapixel camera VGA 640 x 480 pixel resolution camera with built-in LED Flash and Video recoding capability in QVGA @ 15fps.
For connectivity, Nokia 2690 mobile phone offers GPRS class 10, EDGE Class 10 connecivity, Bluetooth v2.0 with EDR + A2DP wireless connection, and hi-speed microUSB port. In addition, it also sports 3.5mm audio out port.
Available in four vibrant colors viz. Graphite, White silver, Hot pink, Blue the Nokia 2690 phone weighs only 80.7 gms and comes with Stereo FM radio with RDS and live FM recording feature, MP3 media player that supports MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+ audio file formats, video player that supports MP4/H.263/H.264 3GP video file formats and is equipped with JAVA MIDP 2.1, WAP 2.0 and full HTML browser. Users can tune into FM radio for audio entertainment or play music using built-in MP3 media player and can continue to listen to the background music even as they access various phone applications.
Equipped with 860 mAh (BL-4C) standard Li-ion battery that provides upto 4 hours and 30 mins talktime and upto 335 hrs of standby time, the Nokia 2690 phone also offers JAVA MIDP 2.1 support and has built-in native Flash Lite v3.0 support enabling more richer browsing experience for flash enabled sites like YouTube.
Nokia 2690 Mobile Phone Features
- Quad-band GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 1.8-inch, 256K Colors, 128 x 160 pixels – CSTN TFT Display
- Expandable with microSD memory card, upto 8-GB maximum
- 2000 entries phonebook
- 500 SMS Memory
- 20 Dialed, 20 Received, 20 Missed call records
- 0.3 megapixel camera, 640 x 480 pixels resolution, LED Flash
- Video QVGA @ 15 fps
- Media player supporting MP3, MP4, AAC, AAC+, enhanced AAC+. H.263, H.264, WMA
- Video streaming (3GPP)
- FM stereo radio, FM stereo radio supporting Visual Radio
- 5-way navigation key
- WAP 2.0/xHTML Browser
- Ringing tones: 64 polyphonic MIDI, MP3, AAC/eAAC+, AMR audio clips, and video
- WAP 2.0 with xHTML browser
- Java MIDP v2.1
- Voice Dial
- Voice Recording
- Audio Messaging
- GPRS Class 10
- EDGE Class 10
- Bluetooth v2.0 with EDR + A2DP
- USB v2.0 miniUSB port
- Flash Lite 3.0
- Built-in handsfree speakphone
- Applications: Calendar, Calculator, Voice Memo, Alarm Clock, Stopwatch and Countdown timer
- Standard Li-Ion 860 mAh (BL-4C) battery
Stand-by: Up to 335 hrs
Talk time: Up to 4.5 hrs
The new entry-level Nokia 2690 mobilephone is already available in India for the price ranging between Rs. 2,800 and Rs. 3,700 with one year standard warranty.