MSI has today announced the availability of its new 17-inch MSI GX740 Gaming Notebook that is armed with the Intel 2010 Core i7 processor and boast of ATI Mobility Radeon HD5870 discrete graphics delivering awesome gaming experience for gamers and movie buffs alike.
The GX740 features some of the most innovative components available, and at just over seven pounds and only an inch-and-a-half thick, it is one of the lightest and thinnest desktop replacements ever designed.
The MSI GX740 gaming notebook sports a stylish brushed aluminum gaming chassis with fire engine red accents. It features a raised chiclet keyboard designed for gamerswith increased accuracy and comfort while typing, and clearly marked W, A, S and D keys for quick response while gaming.
The GX740 is powered by Intel Core i5/i7 processors build on Intel HM55 chipset mainboard and ships with a 17 inch Widescreen SXGA LED backlite HD display with 1680×1050 resolution, 4 GB of DDR3 memory, upto 640GB hard drive 7200 rpm, a 9-cell battery, Bluetooth connectivity, 4 in 1 (XD/SD/MMC/Memory Stick) and Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
The MSI GX740 gaming notebook’s powerful ATI Radeon HD 5870 graphics card supports DirectX 11 graphics and teams with MSI’s Turbo Boost Technology to ensure smooth game play without lags, while lowering power consumption. In addition, the graphic card includes 1-GB of DDR5 memory that performs 50 percent better than DDR3 memory.
The MSI GX740 notebook includes D-sub VGA, three USB 2.0 ports, e-SATA/USB combo port, 1394, Mic-in, Headphone out, RJ-45/RJ-11, 2 Megapixel Webcam and theater class 4 speakers + 1 subwoofer system for high quality audio.
The MSI GX740 gaming notebook comes with a 9-cell battery power offering MSI’s combination of the energy efficient Intel Core 2 Quad plus Intel Turbo Boost Technology and MSI’s ECO engine power management delivering extended power needed for log hours of gaming or movie watching.
Other rich multimedia features of MSI GX740 gaming notebook includes 7.1 channel output with SRS qualification, a subwoofer, Cinema Pro technology, and HDMI output.
Highlighted features of MSI GX740 17-inch Gaming Notebook:
- Intel Core i5/i7 Processor
- Intel HM55 Chipset
- 4-GB DDR3 RAM
- 320/500/640GB 7200 rpm SATA 2.5-inch Hard Disk Drive
- 17-inch WSXGA LED backlite HD display
- 1680 x 1050 pixels screen resolution
- ATI Radeon HD 5870 with 1-GB DDR5 video RAM
- WiFi 802.11b/g/N Wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- 7.1 channel audio output
- HDMI-digital out port
- 4-in-1 Media Card Reader, Supports 4 in 1 XD/SD/MMC/Memory Stick
- D-sub VGA
- 3x USB 2.0
- 1394, Mic-in, Headphone out, RJ-45/RJ-11
- 2 Megapixel Webcam
- Theater Class 4 Speakers + 1 Subwoofer
- 9-cell battery
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- Dim – 395 (L) x 278 (W) x 33~39.5 (H) mm
- Weight – 3.2 Kgs
The MSI GX740 17-inch gaming notebook is already available in US market for the starting price of US $ 1,399 with warranty.
- MSI GX640 15.4-inch Gaming Notebook Launched; Offers Intel Core i7 CPU & ATI Radeon HD Discrete Graphics
- MSI Announces GX660 3D Gaming Notebook With Intel Quad Core-i7 and ATI Radeon HD Graphics
- MSI Launches 17-inch GE700 Gaming Notebook With Intel Core i5 CPU & ATI Radeon HD Graphics
- MSI Announces GE600 Gaming Notebook Offering Intel Core i5 and ATI Radeon HD Graphics
- MSI Announces GT660 Gaming Notebook With Intel Quad Core-i7 and NVIDIA GeForce Graphics
- AMD Launches ATI Radeon HD 5670 Graphics Card
- MSI Announces 14 New Notebook Models Across Five Segments
- MSI CR410 14-inch Notebook Launched; Offers ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4270 Graphics
- ATI Releases Radeon Xpress 1100 Series Chipsets For Notebooks