Acer has today introduced another version of its popular Acer Aspire One series netbook, the Acer Aspire One D260 ultra-light netBook in the Indian market, which is powered by Intel Atom N450 Processor and comes preloaded with Google Android 1.5 and Microsoft Windows 7 OS in Dual boot setup.
The Acer Aspire One D260 like previously introduced Acer Aspire One and Acer Aspire One AOD150 ultra-portable laptops is designed as low-cost, Internet-centric mobile computing devices also called ‘netBook‘ and it perhaps offers one of the best configurations currently available in the entire mini-laptop computing segment and offers great value for money.
The new Acer Aspire One D260 looks impressive from any angle. Ultra-thin and light design, up to 8 hours battery life, optimal performance, all-round connectivity and a fresh, new look, all combine to create a stunning device that is the perfect companion for on-the-go daily use.
In the new Acer Aspire D260, the palm rest and rear mirror strip are adorned by the same attractive flake pattern as the front cover for a stunningly stylish look inside and out. The back cover, as good looking as the front one, and the transparent power button, portraying a floating effect, complete the glamorous design that sparkles with class wherever it goes.
Choose among four trendy colour options – Black Flake, Purple Flake, Pink Flake and Charcoal Flake – the one that best reflects your style and personality
The dual OS boot Acer Aspire One D260 boots first into Google Android 1.5 OS (termed as ‘instant on’ boot option) in less than 15 seconds and is capable of shutting off the system in about 3 seconds making it lightning fast device for accessing internet and get online using Firefox in Android. The netbook allows switching to Windows 7 from Android and vice-versa on demand.
Acer Aspire One D260 netBook PC is claimed to be an all-new communication device designed to provide a true mobile and wireless experience through continuous access to the Internet irrespective of the user’s location.
Ultra-thin (only 24 mm) and ultra-light – 1.25 kg for models with 6-cell battery pack, the Aspire One D260 is powered by 1.67 GHz ultra low voltage Intel Atom N450 (or N455) Processor and it it features 512-MB L2 Cache, 533 MHz FSB, Intel Mobile Intel 945 GSE express chipset mainboard, choice of 1-GB DDR2 RAM with ATOM N450 or 2-GB of DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM with ATOM N455 model, upgradeable to maximum of 4-GB using a single soDIMM modules, and 250-GB 5400 rpm internal hard disk drive.
The new Intel Atom processor uses a brand new design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and the processor uses just 2.5 watts of power which is less than 1/10th of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
The 1.67 GHz Atom processor in Acer Aspire One D260 netBook also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data).
This revolutionary new ultra-light and small screen size of 10.1-inch netBook is targeted at consumer who needs to stay connected, informed, entertained and productive-anytime and anywhere. The Acer Aspire One netBook is designed lightweight and small in size making it convenient for use at all sorts of places like in home, gym, trains, bus, planes etc. where a larger size laptop might feel inconvenient.
Dual boot Microsoft Windows 7 and Google Android 1.5 Acer Aspire One D260 netbook PC is equipped with 10.1-inch (25.65 cm) Widescreen (200-nit) WSVGA Acer CrystalBrite TFT LED backlit display which offers maximum of 1024 x 600 pixel resolution powered by integrated Mobile Intel GMA 3150 Graphics Chipset with up to 128 MB of shared video memory supporting Microsoft DirectX 9, Dual independent display support with upto 16.7 million colors, making it ideal for web chatting, web browsing and video streaming. Plus, the display is LED backlit and ensures 22.2% power savings compared with other netbook displays.
The Acer Aspire One D260 netbook comes with integrated Intel PRO/Wireless 3945BG network connection offering dual-mode 802.11b/g wireless technology with Acer InviLink with Acer-SignalUp technolofy. In addition, it also offers integrated 10/100 mbps Ethernet LAN card for wired networking. In addition, it is also equipped with internal Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR wireless connection. There is no internal modem.
Plus, Acer SignalUp antenna technology provides enhanced transmission and reception, and Acer InviLink Nplify handles multiple large content files simultaneously.
Available in choice of four colors viz. white, red, black and blue, the Acer Aspire One D260 dual boot netBook also offers built-in Acer OrbiCam integrated VGA resolution (640 x 480 pixels) CMOS Swivel webcam and built-in microphone providing easy video conferencing via VoIP and video IM chats. The Acer Crystal Eye webcam supports enhanced Acer PrimaLiteT technology for superior low-light performance.
Acer Aspire One D260 ultra-light netBook PC also offers Acer’s Audio Management suite which allows one to optimize listening experience for movies, music or games. Easy-launch buttons offer one-touch access to important features.
The Acer Aspire One D260 also features highly responsive 93% standard-size keyboard, with larger keys for more comfortable typing is complemented by the wider multi-gesture touchpad, which is perfect for scrolling documents, rotating images, zooming and browsing, all with fingertip convenience.
Weighing 1.32 Kgs Acer Aspire One D260 ultra-portable notebook also sports integrated 5-in-1 Media Card Reader which supports Secure Digital (SD), MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick (MS), Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO), xD-Picture Card (xD) and the notebook comes with 44.6 W 4000 mAh Li-ion 6-cell battery which offers upto 8 hours battery life.
The Acer Aspire One D260 is also designed to be a eco-efficient consumer and business notebooks, and are fully compliant with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
Some other features of Acer Aspire One D260 netBook includes 3 USB v2.0 ports, type II PC Card slot, S-video TV out, Intel High Definition audio with 2 built-in Acer 3DSonic stereo speakers and Built-in omnidirectional microphone.
I/O Ports on Acer Aspire One Netbook
- 3 x Hi-Speed USB v2.0 – 4 pin USB Type A
- PC Card slot (Type II)
- 5-in-1 card reader (SD, MMC, MS, MS PRO, xD)
- RJ-11 modem/fax/tel line
- Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX – RJ-45
- External display / video – VGA – 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)
- S-video/TV-out (NTSC/PAL) port
- Line-in/microphone – mini-phone 3.5 mm
- Audio line-out/headphones – mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
- Audio line-in – mini-phone 3.5 mm
Acer Aspire One D260 Netbook PC Features
- Intel Atom N450 / N455 Processor, 1.67 GHz
- 512-KB L2 cache, 1066 MHz FSB
- Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Chipset
- Choice of 1-GB DDR2 with ATOM N450 – or – 2-GB DDR3 SDRAM with ATOM N455
- 250-GB 5400 rpm SATA Hard Disk Drive
- 10.1-inch (25.65 cm), WSVGA CrystalBrite LED backlit Transflective display, 1024 x 600 pixels resolution
- Integrated Intel Mobile GMA 3150 Graphics with shared video memory
- Intel WiFi network connection, 802.11b/g Wireless LAN connection, Acer InviLink with “Acer SignalUp”
- Integrated Bluetooth v2.0 . v3.0 (optional)
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN connection
- Touchpad pointing device
- Acer OrbiCam integrated VGA resolution 640 x 480 pixels CMOS camera
- Two built-in Acer 3DSonic stereo speakers
- Built-in microphone
- 5-in-1 card reader, supporting Secure Digital (SD), MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick (MS), Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO), xD-Picture Card (xD)
- 1 x Type II PC Card slot
- AC/MC 97 soundcard and modem
- 3 USB 2.0 ports
- S-Video TV Out
- Colors: Black, Blue and Red
- Dual OS – Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium and Google Android 1.5 OS Preinstalled
- 44.6W 4000 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery, 7.5 hours life
- Dimension (WxDxH): 259 x 213 x 33 mm
- Weight: 1.25 Kgs
Intel’s ultra low voltage processor Atom N450 powered Acer Aspire One D260 Netbook PC with dual OS Google Android and Windows 7 preinstalled would soon be available in India for an estimated price of Rs. 19,500 (plus taxes) with one year limited local and International Traveler (Carry-in) Warranty. Visit www.acer.co.in for more details.
- Acer Aspire One D250 Netbook with Dual OS Launched in India
- Acer Unveils Aspire One AOD255 Netbook with Dual OS Boot: Android & Windows XP
- New Acer Aspire One Happy Netbook Offers Dual OS Boot: Android & Windows 7
- New Acer One 532h NetBook With Atom N450 Now Available
- Acer Launches Aspire One AO533 Netbook Powered by Intel ATOM Processor
- Acer Launches Aspire One AOD260 Netbook Powered by Intel ATOM Processor
- Acer Announces Aspire One Happy 2 netbook in India
- Acer Aspire One D250 Ultra-light Netbook
- Acer Aspire One AOD150 NetBook With 10-inch Display