Samsung has announced today a very affordable 3G ready Samsung Galaxy S i900 Smartphone in India which is powered by Google Android OS and features 4.0-inch Capacitive Touchscreen display with Samsung’s TouchWiz 3.0 user interface.
Armed with 1-GHz ARM Cortex A8 Processor and SGX540 GPU the Samsung Galaxy S i9000 Smartphone is powered by Google Android operating system v2.1 dubbed as Eclair (as in chocolate) and is Quad-band GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz and Tri-band 3G HSDPA 900/1900/2100 MHz network ready.
Measuring 122.4 x 64.2 x 9.9 mm the Samsung i9000 Galaxy S Smartphone weighs only 118 grams and has a large 4.0 inch, 480 x 800 pixels 16-Million colors capable Super AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen and is equipped with Accelerometer sensor for auto rotate, and Proximity sensor for auto screen off.
Already available for Rs. 31,000, the Samsung Galaxy S i9000 touchecreen phone is powered by Samsung’s TouchWIZ v3.0 technology which has a Widgets feature that enables users to have a selection of widget style mini applications open on its home screen. It comes with several Widgets built-in.
A whole variety of widgets are available, which users can activate by swiping of a finger, which displays information from the phone, accessing images, music and other content and provide a quick way to access various functions in the handset.
Widgets with drag-and-drop: The simple ‘drag-and-drop’ technology allows selecting multiple widgets from the left panel of the screen which can simply be dropped anywhere on the main screen. A widgets is small portable chunk of code that can be executed without requiring any additional programming etc.
Widgets in Samsung i9000 Galaxy S phone are made up of widely used applications like calendar, clock and alarms, music player functions, FM radio functions, games etc. The Widget with ‘drag-and-drop’ feature is quick and simple technique which allows the user to set hotkeys for all desired functions on the touch menu.
Originally announced in March 2010, the new Samsung Galaxy S i9000 Smartphone offers 8-GB or 16-GB of internal memory along with 512-MB of RAM and offers microSD card slot for upto 32-GB expandable memory. The Galaxy S smartphone offers exhaustive data connectivity options under the sun including GPRS class 12, hi-speed EDGE class 12, ultra-fast 3G HSDPA 7.2 Mbps connection, wireless WiFi 802.11/b/g/n connectivity option with DLNA and comes equipped with most latest Bluetooth 3.0 support with A2DP.
Available in only full White and Black colors, the new Samsung Galaxy S i9000 Smartphone comes equipped with a powerful 5.0 megapixel geo-tagging / face and smile detection capable camera with 4X digital zoom, 2592 x 1944 pixels resolution, Autofocus option and Carl Zeiss optics along with a built-in LED flash. It also allows video recording in 720p resolution @ 30fps.
Other features of this Samsung Galaxy S i9000 smartphone includes built-in GPS with A-GPS support, Digital compass, integrated media player supporting MP3 / AMR / AAC / AAC+ / e-AAC+ files and video player with support for popular video file formats including MP4/DivX/WMV/H.264/H.263 files. The powerful battery with this smartphone allows video playing for 6 hours.
In addition, the Samsung i9000 Galaxy S handset is equipped with 3.5 mm audio jack and support for DNSe (Digital Natural Sound Engine) that provides 3D sound. The handset though lacks support for HDMI and TV out ports.
The Samsung Galaxy S i9000 Smartphone also features Google maps, which allows free walk and drive navigation and other locating options. In addition, there are more than 50,000 applications to choose from Android Market and users have access to Google mobile services such as Google Search, Gmail and Google Maps.
The smartphone also includes popular Android based apps including Google search, Google Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, and Google talk. There is inbuild support for MS document editors including Word, Excel and Powerpoint in addition to PDF.
Samsung Galaxy S i9000 Key Features
- eBook: Provides best-in-class reading experience on the phone. Customizable fonts, easy text search, and intuitive book list management offers convenient and customized reading experience.
- HD Video: Super fast 1 GHz processor enhances HD video playing and recording features on dazzling Super AMOLD screen.
- Daily Briefing: Offers instant access to weather, news, stocks, and the scheduler.
All Share: Enables inter-device connectivity via DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) technology.
- Augmented Reality: Shows users’ surroundings and displays information on camera-view. Tele-Atlas POI provides richer information than ever.
- Swype: Provides fast and easy way to input text on screen while on-the-move.
Write and go: Jot down an idea first and later decide on a format such as SMS/ MMS, email, calendar or memo.
- ThinkFree: Apps to view and edit Microsoft Office 2007 documents.
Smart Alarm: Wakes up with a natural alarm sound and automatically turned-on display light.
The new Samsung Galaxy S i9000 smartphone comes equipped with with 1500 mAh Li-Ion battery that offers upto 450 hrs standby time and 560 mins of talktime on 2G network. The phone allows upto 4.5 hours of video playback and upto 35 hours of continuous music playback.
Available in Black and White colors, the new Android powered Samsung i9000 S Smartphone is expected to sell in India for an estimated price of Rs. 31,000 with one year warranty.
- Samsung Announces Samsung YP-GB1 Galaxy Media Player Powered by Android OS
- Samsung Launches Android Powered i5700 Galaxy Spica Touchscreen Smartphone with GPS Support
- Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 Android Powered Smartphone in India for Rs. 11,499
- Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Android Smartphone Retails in India For Rs. 14,990
- Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Android Smartphone Announced
- Samsung Galaxy S III Smartphone to Launch on 3rd May 2012
- RCOM Launches Samsung Galaxy i899 Android Powered CDMA Touchscreen Smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 Android Powered Smartphone Announced
- Samsung Galaxy 3 i5800 Smartphone Launched in India @ Rs. 12,500