Samsung has launched its new 3G capable full touchscreen handset, Samsung Star Nano 3G (S3370) mobile phone in India which is quad-band GSM ready 3G capable mobile phone that features a large 2.6-inch, 256K colors capable QVGA touchscreen display with Samsung’s TouchWiz 2.0 user interface and is attractively priced at Rs. 7,320/-.
The quad-band GSM 850 / GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900 network ready Samsung S3370 which is to be known in India as Samsung Star Nano 3G is also known by Samsung Corby 3G, Samsung Pocket3G and Samsung Acton in the various markets where it is sold, is equipped with large 2.6-inch 256K colors capable, QVGA TFT Capactive Touchscreen display having 240 x 320 pixels screen resolution.
Perhaps one of the most affordable 3G ready touchscreen handset in India today, the Samsung Star Nano 3G (S3370) phone comes with 50-MB of internal shared memory that allows upto 1000 number phonebook with Photocall feature and upto 30 dialed, 30 received and 30 missed calls records and is equipped with expandable memory slot supporting microSD memory card of upto 16-GB expandable storage with hot-swap functionality for external memory.
TouchWIZ and Widgets
The Samsung Star Nano 3G (S3370) touchecreen phone is powered by Samsung’s TouchWIZ technology which has a Widgets feature that enables users to have a selection of widget style mini applications open on its home screen. It comes with several Widgets built-in.
A whole variety of widgets are available, which users can activate by swiping of a finger, which displays information from the phone, accessing images, music and other content and provide a quick way to access various functions in the handset.
Widgets with drag-and-drop: The simple ‘drag-and-drop’ technology allows selecting multiple widgets from the left panel of the screen which can simply be dropped anywhere on the main screen. A widgets is small portable chunk of code that can be executed without requring any additional programming etc.
Widgets in Samsung Star Nano 3G (S3370) phone are made up of widely used applications like calendar, clock and alarms, music player functions, FM radio functions, games etc. The Widget with ‘drag-and-drop’ feature is quick and simple technique which allows the user to set hotkeys for all desired functions on the touch menu.
Samsung has packed several preloaded Widgets that including Google search, Youtube, Calendar, Calculator and several games. Many more Widgets such as CNN Mobile Edition etc are available for free download.
Social Networking & more
Samsung Star Nano 3G (S3370) allows users to update their current status and access friends’ updates, live feeds from popular networking portles like Facebook, MySpace and Twitter using a simple Pop-up SNS interface. The phone supports applications for uploading/updating photos and videos to several poplar social networking community sites such as YouTube, Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket and other popular SNS sites. It also offers Google Talk, Palringo Chat and AIM.
Weighing just 86 grams, the new Samsung Star Nano 3G (S3370) touchscreen mobile handset offers range of connectivity including GPRS Class 10 – with upto 48 kbps speed, EDGE Class 10 - with upto 236.8 kbps speed and 3G HSDPA upto 384 kbps connection but lacks WiFi support.
In addition, Samsung Star Nano 3G (S3370) mobile phone also offers built-in Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP connection. The wireless Bluetooth v2.1 connection with Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) feature allows listening to music on bluetooth compatible headset absolutely wire-free and in full stereo.
EDGE network connection allows ultra fast data transmissions of upto 236Kbps speed, and faster downloads and file transfers. Bluetooth technology enables communication with other Bluetooth compatible devices and gadgets such as color printers, PDAs and laptops for instant sync-ups, data transfer and print jobs in a flash.
The Samsung Star Nano 3G (S3370) handset also features a single integrated 1.3 Megapixels digital camera with maximum still picture resolution of 1280 x 1024 pixels and it offers Autofocus, 3.3X digital zoom with Smile detection support and built-in LED flash light. The phone allows picture storage in standard JPEG format in handset memory or in extended memory and the digital camera also offers Photo effects and option for Photo quality settings while shooting still pictures.
The Samsung Star Nano 3G (S3370) phone also can records up to an hour of video with sound in QCIF resolution at 15fps. Video recording and decoding formats in H.263, H.264, 3GPP and MPEG4 video formats. The handset also allows video playback that supports MPEG4, 3GPP and H.263 /H.264 and WMV Video formats.
All the rest
The Samsung Star Nano 3G (S3370) mobile phone also sports integrated FM Radio (stereo) with RDS and it allows live recording from FM radio. The live recorded sound clips can only be used as ring tones or alarms.
The Samsung Star Nano 3G (S3370) mobile handset is armed with mobile tracker feature that helps users track their phone in case they happen to lose it. In an event of being lost, stolen or misplaced, the Mobile Tracker feature sends an SMS prompt to a pre-determined number whenever the SIM card is changed thus improving chances of recovering the handset.
In addition, the handset also offers Hinglish SMS feature which facilitates faster typing and makes messaging more fun, as it recognizes both English and Hindi words.
Available in a single black colors, the Samsung Star Nano 3G (S3370) touchscreen mobile phone comes with 960 mAh Li-lon battery which offers upto 7 hrs of talk time on full charge and upto 700 hrs of standby time.
Samsung Star Nano 3G (S3370) Touchscreen Mobile Phone Features
- Quadband GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G UTMS 2100 MHz
- 2.6-inch 256K Colors QVGA TFT Capactive Touchscreen display, 240 x 320 Pixels resolution
- 50-MB Internal Memory
- microSD memory card (upto 16-GB), hot-swap functionality
- 1000 number phonebook with Photocall
- 30 dialed, 30 received and 30 missed calls records
- Video Player, Supports MPEG4, 3GPP, WMV, H.264 and H.263 Video Formats
- Media Player supporting MP3, AAC, eAAC+ and WMA audio file formats
- GPRS Class 10, 32 – 48 kbps speed
- EDGE Class 10, 236.8 kbps speed
- 3G HSPDA 384 kbps speed
- Bluetooth v2.1 + A2DP
- USB v2.0
- Java 2.0, MIDP 2.0
- Polyphonic, MP3 ringtones, Bollywood Ringtones preloaded
- 1.3 Megapixel Camera, 1280 x 1024 pixels resolution, 3X digital Zoom, Face and Smile detection
- Video Recording, QVGA @ 15 fps, MPEG-4 / 3GPP H.263
- SMS, MMS
- Email, Supports IMAP, POP3 and SMTP protocols
- WAP 2.0, Netfront 3.4 browser
- Handsfree Speakphone
- Mibile Tracker
- Voice Recording
- Vibration Alert
- Social Apps: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter using Pop-up SNS interface, Google Talk, Palringo Chat and AIM
- Apps: PC Studio, Calendar, Calculator, Alarm, Organizer
- Java Games – Cricket and Sudoku
- Hinglish Messaging
- Black color
- Li-ion 960 mAh Standard Battery
Talk time: 75 hrs (2G)
Standby time: 700 Hrs (2G)
- Dimensions – 99.9 53 x 12.9 mm
- Weight: 86 gms
The new Samsung Star Nano 3G (S3370) touchscreen mobile phone featuring Samsung’s TouchWiz 2.1 user interface is available in India for Rs. 7,230/- (plus taxes) with one year standard warranty. Visit www.samsung.co.in for more details.
- Samsung Champ C3303 Touchscreen Phone Launched With TouchWiz User Interface
- Samsung Star II S5260 Mobile Phone Launched in India For Rs. 6,540
- Samsung Star 3G S5603 Touchscreen Phone Launched in India @ Rs. 10,000
- Samsung Launches Champ C330 Touchscreen Phone in India
- Samsung B5722 Dual-SIM Touchscreen Phone Launched, Featuring Advanced Mobile Tracker
- Samsung Star Duos B7722 3G+2G Dual-SIM Touchscreen Phone Launched in India
- Samsung Corby S3653 Cheapest Touchscreen Phone Launched
- Samsung Corby B3410 Plus With Slideout QWERTY Keypad Launched
- Samsung Announces Samsung YP-GB1 Galaxy Media Player Powered by Android OS