Netgear unveils its latest Wireless-N300 Series Netgear JWNR2000 Wireless Router in India that incorporates several environmentally friendly to deleter delivers secure, high speed internet connection while consumes less power due to its auto power saving features thereby making it an ideal choice for setting up an Eco-friendly, secure and unmatched performance wireless connection.
Available for Rs. 2,900 that includes 2 year warranty, the new Netgear JWNR2000 boasts of several innovative environmentally friendly measures to make it more green which includes auto-power-down mode to conserve power, and auto-green-mode-detection function that automatically detects cable length and adjust power usage accordingly. Besides it uses material for packaging that is manufactured with at least 80% recycled materials
The compact and elegantly designed, Netgear JWNR2000, wireless-N300 Router uses the new wireless-N technology to deliver exceptional speed and range, while maintaining compatibility with older Wireless-G devices and new Wireless-N devices, allowing faster web surfing, email, music streaming, playing online games, and Internet phone calls.
In addition to it, the WPS push button feature enables it to establish an easy, one-time, single-click secure connection with a Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS). Alternatively Netgear’s Easy setup with Smart Wizard Installation CD also offers an easy way to set up the device.
The embedded antennas also help in enhancing wireless network performance and range of a desktop or notebook computer. Besides delivering exceptional speed it also automatically checks and upgrades software for optimal performance.
Targeted to home and SOHO users, one of the key advantage of this device is that it comes loaded with Smart Wizard which helps in automatic detection and configuration of the router for most of the ISP connections. There is no worry of security as it comes with double layer of security and saves a lot of energy.
Weighing only 0.339 kgs the Netgear JWNR2000, wireless-N300 Router is designed to deliver enough bandwidth to simultaneously allow users surf the Internet, stream HD videos, play on-line games, and also make Internet phone calls.
It Netgear JWNR2000, wireless-N300 Router also enable users to wirelessly connect to upto 4 other wired devices by using built-in 4-port switch and it allows connection to new devices easily with the latest Push ‘N’ connect feature along with offering automatic adjustment to the needs of Internet, voice, video and gaming applications (QoS).
The compact and antenna-free designed Netgear JWNR2000, wireless-N300 Router delivers the highest Wi-Fi performance for today’s Wireless-N notebooks and dual-band adapters while providing simultaneous support for legacy 802.11g devices as well as clients based on 2.4 GHz and/or 5 GHz Wireless-N.
In addition to an array of 8 patented metamaterial internal antennas, the Netgear JWNR2000, wireless-N300 router supports Dual Band – 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies spectrum that helps avoiding interference from household appliances like cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, and even other neighboring Wi-Fi networks, and maximizes wireless performance and range to deliver faster downloads, high-quality media streaming, and better online gaming. The device is also backwards compatible with Wireless-B and Wireless-G devices.
In addition, the Netgear JWNR2000, wireless-N300 router uses Multiple In, Multiple Out (MIMO) technology that overlays signals of multiple radios and multiplies the effective data rate resulting in greater throughput and coverage over 802.11g networking standard. In contrast to conventional wireless networking technologies confused by signal reflections, the MIMO technology actually uses these reflections to increase the range and reduce dead spots in the wireless coverage area enhancing the overall efficiency of the router.
The Netgear JWNR2000, wireless-N300 router also offers double firewall protection – Network Address translation (NAT) to hide PCs and files from outside users and Stateful package inspection (SPI) firewall that deny outside requests for personal information
It also incorporates Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) that allows users to add computers to the network quickly and securely and is configurable as a wireless repeater for extending dual band range.
The integrated QoS feature in Netgear JWNR2000 router provides consistent voice and video performance on both the wired and wireless networks allowing deployment of business quality VoIP and video applications.
– 1 x Network – Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX – RJ-45 ( WAN )
– 4 x Network – Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX – RJ-45
– 1 x Network – Radio-Ethernet
Netgear JWNR2000, wireless-N300 Router Features
- External Wireless Router
- WPS push button makes connecting to your secure network simple and fast using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK) and WEP
- Multiple SSID support with separate security and access restrictions
- Supports Wireless Distribution System (WDS)
- Double Firewall protection:_- Network Address Translation (NAT) to hide PCs and files from outside users – Stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall to deny outside requests for personal information
- Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack prevention
- Intrusion detection and prevention (IDS)
- Supports Wireless Multimedia (WMM) based Quality of Service (QoS)
- Exposed Host (DMZ) for secure gaming
- Easy setup with Smart Wizard installation CD
- Dual Band delivers a better connection with more channels, avoiding interference from household devices
- Networking Compliant Standards:
– IEEE 802.11a, 802.11b Gigabit Ethernet
– IEEE 802.11g WiFi Certified
– IEEE 802.11n draft 2.0
- Security Protocols:
IEEE 802.11i (WPA2), WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise, 3DES, MD5, WPA, 128-bit WEP, 64-bit WEP
- Automatically firmware checking and updating
- Supports WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) standard
- Modulation Technology – DSSS, OFDM
- SMZ Port, NAT Support, URL Filtering, Firewall protection, DoS Attach Prevention, IDS, SPI
- Routing / Firewall Protoccols: TCP/IP, Network Address Translation (NAT), DHCP
- Double Firewall – NAT to hide PCs and files from outside users and SPI firewall to deny outside requests for personal information
- Web Based Administration
- Omni-Directional internal Antenna, 2 dBi Gain
The Netgear JWNR2000, wireless-N300 Router is available in India through its authorized distributors viz. Rashi Peripherals and Ingram Micro for a price of Rs. 2,900 with 2-year warranty and 24×7 technical support. Visit www.netgear.com for more details.