Lenovo’s recently launched S-Series Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 Netbook PC is a 3rd generation netbook PC which is powered by Intel Atom N450 Processor and it features a suite of wireless options that includes WiFi 802.11b/g/N, WWAN, 3G and blurtooth 2.0+EDR.
Launched early this year, the new Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 ultra-portable Netbook PC is designed as low-cost, Internet-centric mobile computing devices also called NetBooks and is powered by 1.66 GHz Intel Atom ULV (ultra low voltage) Processor N450, specifically designed for small devices and low power consumption, while maintaining the Intel Core 2 Duo instruction set compatibility.
The Intel Atom processor N450 uses a brand new design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and the processor uses just 2.5 watts of power which is less than 1/10th of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
Available for starting price of Rs. 17,900, the new range of ultra-portable Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 Netbook is targeted at consumer who needs to stay connected, informed, entertained and productive-anytime and anywhere. The netBook is designed lightweight and small in size making it convenient for use at all sorts of places like in home, gym, trains, bus, planes etc. where a larger size laptop might feel inconvenient.
The Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 NetBook is powered by 1.66 GHz, Intel Atom Processor N450 and is equipped with a power-optimized front side bus of 667 MHz and a 512-KB of L2 cache and is only 1.25 Kgs with 4-cell Li-Ion power pack. The Netbook also offers 2-GB PC2-5300 DDR2 667MHz SDRAM (max 2-GB in 2 DIMM slots), a 250 GB Serial-ATA 5400 rpm 2.5 inch internal harddisk, but no optical drive.
The Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 netBook PC is equipped with 10.1-inch (25.64 cm) SD LED Glare and Multi-touch WXGA display powered by Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 3150 graphics chipset with upto 128 MB shared video memory that offers native resolution of 1024 x 600 in widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio in 16M colors. The integrated Intel HD graphics chipset supports Direct x 9.0 acceleration, Dual independent display option, Dynamic Display Detect, and Open GL 1.4.
Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 netBook PC also feature a suite upgrated wireless connectivity options that includes Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/N(draft) Wi-Fi connection along with Bluetooth v2.1+EDR wireless data connection for enhanced wireless connectivity and optional WiMAX, WCDMA, CDMA2000, TS-SCDMA connectivity. In addition, it also sports integrated 10/100 Ethernet Network Card but does not feature internal modem. Integrated Touch Pad features a wider touch pad area which provides two modes to avoid the incident touching of Touch Pad when using a mouse.
Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 netBook also offers Lenovo’s own One-Touch-System-Recovery feature and it comes with various software preinstalled such as Shuttle Centre, Power 2 GO, Veriface, Easy Capture 2.5, IGRS Anywhere and Norton anti-virus software.
The Netbook comes preloaded with Lenovo’s QuickStart 2.0 instant-on software for connecting to the web in just a few seconds after hitting the power button without waiting for Windows to boot and DirectShare that allows to share data with other PCs without the internet.
In addition, it includes location-based software Maplife mapping, Webcam based face recognition VeriFace and Active Protection system that provides extra protection from sudden hard drive shocks or accidental fall.
Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 comes with Windows 7 Home Basic preinstalled and some other features of this Tablet Netbook PC includes integrated 1.3 Megapixel resolution webcam, 4-in-1 Media Card Reader supporting SD, SDHC and Multimedia Card (MMC), 2 USB v2.0 ports, Realtek ALC6628 Hi-Definition Audio 5.1 CODEC Hardware with build-in 2 stereo speaker system of 1.5 Watts each and also sports built-in Microphone. In addition it also includes a IEEE1394 Interface for high speed communication between two devices like transferring images without any quality degradation from a stand alone camera or camcorder to a PC.
Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 weighs 1.25 Kgs with 4-cell battery (or 1.51 Kgs with optional 8-cell) which provides upto 5 hrs battery life and the Netbook is designed to be a eco-efficient consumer and business notebooks, and are fully compliant with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 NetBook Features
- Intel Atom Processor N450, 1.66 GHz
- 512-KB L2 Cache, 667 Mhz FSB
- 2-GB DDR2 667 MHz RAM, 2 DIMM slots (Max. 2-GB in 2 slots)
- 250-GB Serial-ATA harddrive, 5200 rpm
- No internal Optical Drive
- 10.1 inch (25.64 cm) widescreen SD LED Glare and Multi-touch display, 1024 x 600 pixels maximum resolution, 16M colors
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Intel GMA 3150, shared video memory, supports Direct x 9.0 acceleration, Dual independent display option, Dynamic Display Detect, Open GL 1.4
- Built-in Speakers
- Internal Microphone
- Integrated 1.3 Megapixel Webcam
- 10/100 Ethernet Network Card
- No internal Modem
- 802.11 a/b/g/N Wireless LAN Connection
- Bluetooth v2.0+EDR wireless connection
- 4-in-1 Memory card reader, SD, MMC, MS, MS Pro
- 2 USB v2.0 ports
- Windows 7 Home Basic
- 4 cell Lithium Ion Battery
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 11 x 6.9 x 0.8 -inches
- Weight: 1.25 Kgs (with 4-cell battery pack)
The Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 NetBook powered by Intel Atom N450 Processor and featuring 10.1-inch display is available in India for the price of Rs 17,900 with standard 1-year carry-in warranty. Visit www.lenovo.com/in for more details.
- Lenovo IdeaPad S10 NetBook
- Lenovo Launches IdeaPad S10-3t Tablet Netbook PC With Touchscreen Display
- Lenovo IdeaPad S9 NetBook
- Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s ‘Moon’ Netbook Launched; Offers Upgraded 10.1-inch 1280×720 Resolution Display
- Best Under Rs 30000 Laptop Computers in India
- Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s WIND Netbook Launched; Offers Upgraded 10.1-inch 1280×720 Resolution Display
- Lenovo IdeaPad Z360 Notebook Launched, Features Intel Core i3/i5 CPU & NVIDIA GeForce 310M Graphics
- Top 10 NetBook PCs With Small Size Displays
- Lenovo IdeaPad Z565 Notebook Launched, Offers AMD Phenom II Processor & ATI Radeon Graphics